• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs 2 |OT| .HTML

Cartho

Just finished the "Home 2.0" main series of missions. So good. Enjoying it more and more as I unlock more gadgets and tricks. Running guards over by hacking parked cars and making them suddenly slam into reverse as a hapless goon wanders behind them is priceless.

vypek

they can get back up if another guard or the like wakes them up...haven't seen anyone getting up on their own in any streams I've seen

Oh okay. That is better than I thought. I should probably just check out a few streams before my copy comes so I know more about the mechanics. I thought it was that they wake up after a set time.

Cartho

Oh okay. That is better than I thought. I should probably just check out a few streams before my copy comes so I know more about the mechanics. I thought it was that they wake up after a set time.

Sadly they do get up on their own and it doesn't take long either. The stun gun knocks them out for a period of time. After this time they wake up. They can also be woken. The same is true for the throwable electro shock stun grenade sticky things and when you hack power boxes on walls.

There's really zero incentive to go non lethal and it just makes the game way harder.

SJRB

Gold Member
Sheesh, this game is soooooo good. It's such an insane improvement over the first, with so much cool stuff to see and do. Seriously, whoever came up with the mechanic to call the cops on anyone is a GENIUS. It's so dope to have someone who just talked shit to you get dragged off by the cops.

Biggest flaw so far is the enemy AI, especially in regards to stealth. Coming off Maffia III which pretty much perfected its stealth gameplay, the AI here feels typically unrealiable, janky even. The spot detection happens WAY too fast as well, 9 out of 10 times I don't even have time to move back or otherwise take cover, which makes the whole mechanic pretty moot. Another thing that hooks into this is that an entire base is instantly alerted when someone spots me. There is zero leway for me to take down the guy before he alerts everyone, making one mistake can and will ruin the entire ghost infiltration.

Also, again after playing Maffia III, why doesn't Marcus have a whistle or other options to lure a guard towards him. Throw a a pebble for all I care, Far Cry-style. Tons of gadgets, but no way to just lure a guard towards me.

Talking about gadgets, I really appreciate how they've tried to incorporate different playstyles. Almost every area you need to infiltrate can also be hacked remotely via the drone, jumper or often a combination of the two. Really neat.

ALSO: doing a backflip off ledges is something that should've been in Assassin's Creed ages ago! The freerunning is awesome.

vypek

Sadly they do get up on their own and it doesn't take long either. The stun gun knocks them out for a period of time. After this time they wake up. They can also be woken. The same is true for the throwable electro shock stun grenade sticky things and when you hack power boxes on walls.

There's really zero incentive to go non lethal and it just makes the game way harder.

Oh that's too bad. I was hoping that as long as no one wakes up a guard then they are just KO'd. Any chance you know if difficulty affects wake up time?

Iceternal

Sheesh, this game is soooooo good. It's such an insane improvement over the first, with so much cool stuff to see and do. Seriously, whoever came up with the mechanic to call the cops on anyone is a GENIUS. It's so dope to have someone who just talked shit to you get dragged off by the cops.

Biggest flaw so far is the enemy AI, especially in regards to stealth. Coming off Maffia III which pretty much perfected its stealth gameplay, the AI here feels typically unrealiable, janky even. The spot detection happens WAY too fast as well, 9 out of 10 times I don't even have time to move back or otherwise take cover, which makes the whole mechanic pretty moot. Another thing that hooks into this is that an entire base is instantly alerted when someone spots me. There is zero leway for me to take down the guy before he alerts everyone, making one mistake can and will ruin the entire ghost infiltration.

Also, again after playing Maffia III, why doesn't Marcus have a whistle or other options to lure a guard towards him. Throw a a pebble for all I care, Far Cry-style. Tons of gadgets, but no way to just lure a guard towards me.

Talking about gadgets, I really appreciate how they've tried to incorporate different playstyles. Almost every area you need to infiltrate can also be hacked remotely via the drone, jumper or often a combination of the two. Really neat.

Wait what ??? Mafia III perfected stealth ?

It's got the worse AI in a AAA game since maybe 5 years ago.

SJRB

Gold Member

I was looking for a stun power upgrade, there's one that lowers the amount of stuns armored enemies require before they go down, but does that also mean that regular enemies stay stunned longer?

One moment I was stunning gang members and then shooting them in the head with a suppressed rifle so they didn't wake up. After two or three I was like "wtf am I even doing". I agree that going non-lethal is not very rewarding, but makes the game unreasonably more difficult.

Wait what ??? Mafia III perfected stealth ?

It's got the worse AI in a AAA game since maybe 5 years ago.

Perhaps, but it was pretty much 100% reliable. You knew exactly what you could and couldn't do, when you would or wouldn't get spotted. In WD2 you still have those weird moments where, for example, a guard's pathfinding AI gets kinda iffy and he does a 180 out of nowhere and spots you. Stuff like that makes infiltrating more difficult than it should be. If a guard walks away, I should be able to sneak behind him without having to worry that something in his head goes haywire and he randomly spots me. In WD2 it's also very difficult to estimate the distance at which they see you.

Also - still can't move bodies. WHY NOT.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there a way to still hack people driving cars (like getting a refill for your mana bar) after you unlock the ability to control cars?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Man this game looks and plays like a dream on the pro. I'm impressed by the visuals and the framerate's smoother than expected. I'm really liking this so far, but one issue though: am I doing something wrong or are the music controls in the car really weird? You have to press the touchpad, then flick the right stick... Very awkward controls while driving. Is there an easier way or is it really this convoluted? I can't believe that because you almost can't change a song while driving right now.

Biggest flaw so far is the enemy AI, especially in regards to stealth. Coming off Maffia III which pretty much perfected its stealth gameplay,
WHAT

Mafia 3 had like the shittiest stealth AI ever. The enemies all have extremely small and short distance vision cones and drone over to you after you whistle so stupidly you can make a mass pile of them. And they don't hear takedowns or silenced pistol shots unless you do it right next to them.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Man this game looks and plays like a dream on the pro. I'm impressed by the visuals and the framerate's smoother than expected. I'm really liking this so far, but one issue though: am I doing something wrong or are the music controls in the car really weird? You have to press the touchpad, then flick the right stick... Very awkward controls while driving. Is there an easier way or is it really this convoluted? I can't believe that because you almost can't change a song while driving right now.

You can hold the left side of the touch pad, but yeah it's pretty clunky still.

Really close to purchasing this on PSN...how long does it take to complete everything in the game? A good 40 hours would be great to bridge the gap to FFXV.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
You can hold the left side of the touch pad, but yeah it's pretty clunky still.

Going to give that a try, but it's really clunky indeed. Compare this to GTA where you can easily switch stations and tracks. Mindboggling that they stuck with these 'shortcut' controls. It's okay on foot, but definitely not while driving.

ALSO: doing a backflip off ledges is something that should've been in Assassin's Creed ages ago! The freerunning is awesome.

Did we play the same Mafia 3??

I get more issue similar to this video than what you described lol... especially stealth... I can kill all the enemies in front of me just by staying behind a cover and whistling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZokdmzvDGA

Glad it's getting good reviews but I just can't muster up any excitement for this for some reason, and I actually thought the first game was alright. I watched a stream of the first few hours and it just wasn't really doing anything I haven't seen before.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
So weird thing going on atm if anyone has any experience with this idea appreciate it...
Anyway I pre-ordered this digitally on amazon. No big deal entered the code on psn had to go through my purchases but eventually had it preloaded on my console.
Weirdly both on the store site and on the console store the game doesn't show as being purchased even though it is currently installed.
Is there anyway to find this or should I even have any concern in regards to it?
Anyone know?

LoveCake

This is looking good, was let down by the first game, might look at getting this around Christmas to play over the holidays.

sobaka770

Banned
The game is excellent so far (just started though), very good IQ on the Pro. Now if only we could have an HDR patch...

styl3s

Do we know if PS4 version unlocks at midnight or 3am EST? Store just says it will be available 1 day on 11/15/16

Wow, the ACG review was surprisingly negative.

One point was how empty and lifeless the world was in terms of numbers of NPC characters. Is this something that the PC version addresses? Perhaps its impossible to tell since the PC version was delayed unil 29th I think.

Also dont like they removed Focus mode, I like that in the original game

TheMan

kind of want to buy this game just to encourage more companies to have minority main characters. so sick of playing as generic white guy #24045.

also, this OT is fucking dead, especially for a AAA title

Drewfonse

Wow, the ACG review was surprisingly negative.

One point was how empty and lifeless the world was in terms of numbers of NPC characters. Is this something that the PC version addresses? Perhaps its impossible to tell since the PC version was delayed unil 29th I think.

Also dont like they removed Focus mode, I like that in the original game

What about all of the other reviews? No offense to Karak, but he is just one reviewer.

Digital release has been beyond fucked up on Xbox, first the preload is down, game is live in the UK and the Zodiac Killer DLC is nowhere to be seen and to top it off, even though I pre-ordered the deluxe edition that version of the game is now showing a price, so God knows if the system knows I own it and that the DLC will be redownloadable.

Achievements aren't live either, which is pretty unheard of on the day of release for such a high profile game.

Tovarisc

What about all of the other reviews? No offense to Karak, but he is just one reviewer.

I'm very surprised how WD2 is landing all those 9's instead of being around 7.5 area where this game seems to belong tbh. Based on trailers, dev gameplay and raw gameplay from streamers over past few days. Karak's review at least for me only confirmed my suspicions about the game. Not bad game, but nothing spectacular either.

I'm very surprised how WD2 is landing all those 9's instead of being around 7.5 area where this game seems to belong tbh. Based on trailers, dev gameplay and raw gameplay from streamers over past few days. Karak's review at least for me only confirmed my suspicions about the game. Not bad game, but nothing spectacular either.

Yeah I dont get the rave review scores when I Iook at the video from ACG and from IGN review in progress (which is currently a 6.5 score) - the world looks lifeless due to so few pedestrians everywhere, even compared to their own WD1

I'm really hoping the PC version puts in more pedestrians.

Very disappointed there is no focus mode, looks like your character is very weak and goes down almost instantly in a firefight - which is probably realistic, but I really liked the focus mode in WD1 since it was powerful but took a long time to recharge so it didnt make you super human.

The whole attitude and characters in the story mode look ridiculous to me, far worse than Aiden Pierce.

Drewfonse

But the reviewers have actually played through the whole game. His review resonates because it's in line with the impression you've formed without actually playing the game. You might be right, and he might be right, but the majority of reviewers feel that it's a really good game.

Tovarisc

Dan of Dansgaming is going around and executing knocked out guards because they wake up so fast that he doesn't have time to solve puzzle etc. and get away in time. And we aren't talking even 5+ minutes of being around, but minute or two. Seems like huge limit for no-kills players.

Dan of Dansgaming is going around and executing knocked out guards because they wake up so fast that he doesn't have time to solve puzzle etc. and get away in time. And we aren't talking even 5+ minutes of being around, but minute or two. Seems like huge limit for no-kills players.

gotta get gud

GravyButt

I like the ot name. Excited for the game as I really enjoyed the first even though it had its flaws and very boring main character. Heres to hoping its good!

I am debating pre-loading tonight and playing for an hour when it unlocks or buying an copy tomorrow...

What is the benefit to having the disc? Does it cut down on the download?

Unknown?

kind of want to buy this game just to encourage more companies to have minority main characters. so sick of playing as generic white guy #24045.

also, this OT is fucking dead, especially for a AAA title

By definition that's a racist comment, but I like variety too.

Top Bottom