• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs 2 |OT| .HTML

"I'm going to wait for reviews before I get this game"
"I don't like that this game that I haven't played is getting good reviews"
-conformation bias for good measure-

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
kind of want to buy this game just to encourage more companies to have minority main characters. so sick of playing as generic white guy #24045.

also, this OT is fucking dead, especially for a AAA title
Game isnt out yet.

just watched a random in-game argument between NPCs on a stream...

a woman was beating a person's car with a bat and the guy started arguing with her...she got in her car to leave and he pulled her out of the car...they started pushing each other and he ends up on the ground and another random woman came up and started fighting with the first woman

was hilarious

Ibuki

Banned
just watched a random in-game argument between NPCs on a stream...

a woman was beating a person's car with a bat and the guy started arguing with her...she got in her car to leave and he pulled her out of the car...they started pushing each other and he ends up on the ground and another random woman came up and started fighting with the first woman

was hilarious

Looks like we are watching the same stream. Not only that, the random woman ended up getting run over by the original woman afterwards. This game looks fantastic.

Just picked it up today, got it half price because I bought the Pro (same as Tomb Raider and Dishonored). Looking forward to it, I havent seen too much of the game, but what I have seen so far impressed me.

DirtyLarry

So I ordered this game last night from Amazon, it said if I chose free 2 day delivery I would have it on release date, but now the delivery date is the 17th. Nothing I can do about it, but wish they would have stuck to what they actually said, or I believe I would have paid the $3.99 for 1-Day Shipping.
I am hoping something is just wrong with the delivery estimate and it still shows up tomorrow.

Oh well, not the end of the world by any means. And truth is I have off next week for the holiday week so Monday is when I will really be able to get some good time with it anyway.

Open world games really need character creation. Why do devs not go for that? Don't tell me the amazingly deep story is impossible with character creation.

ZeroX03

Banned
Couldn't be bothered waiting for the PSN credit to come through, preloading now.

Glad to hear the patch is live. Impressions? Size?

Sojgat

Anybody else unable to login to the Watchdogs.com redeem website?

Trying to redeem stupid DLC codes. Why isn't this shit all just standard PSN/XBL codes?

ZeroX03

Banned
Open world games really need character creation. Why do devs not go for that? Don't tell me the amazingly deep story is impossible with character creation.

Holy shit fuck no.

Keep the character creation out of these games, for the love of god. The story isn't great but I do not need meaningless dialogue choices and an even weaker narrative.

Holy shit fuck no.

Keep the character creation out of these games, for the love of god. The story isn't great but I do not need meaningless dialogue choices and an even weaker narrative.

The story wont be weaker and character creation doesn't mean RPG elements. Just that you can play a character with the looks and gender you want. My girlfriend for example wants to play females, she is not alone.

Cyanity

Banned
I'm hoping this game hits a slightly discounted price during the holidays, but in the meantime - how is its PC performance? I have an overclocked 6600k+gtx1070 combo.

gkeller16

Neo Member
I just bought Watch Dogs 2 through Best Buy as a digital download,the second I got the code I copied and pasted and code does not work . I have tried through my Ps4 and Sony online,anyone have any experience with this? I am wondering if its not going to work till midnight.

ZeroX03

Banned
The story wont be weaker and character creation doesn't mean RPG elements. Just that you can play a character with the looks and gender you want. My girlfriend for example wants to play females, she is not alone.

Character creation does mean a weaker story. I've never played a title where character creation would have improved a story over a defined lead. Give us strong, unique, well crafted lead characters. This isn't our story, it should be Marcus Holloways.

Mafia III would be a very different title if the lead was white or female, if my understanding is correct. Not sure about WD2.

Moa

With this exciting launch period, we wanted to take some time and explain a situation we’re currently facing with the game that will affect your online gameplay experience. During the pre-launch phase of Watch Dogs 2, we were disappointed to discover an issue tied to the seamless multiplayer feature that caused the game to lag and crash periodically.

In order to eliminate this issue at launch, we have decided to wait to launch the seamless multiplayer feature until this issue can be fixed, and to make sure it doesn’t impact the core gameplay experience. Through our testing, we’ve found that players encountering seamless online are also affected by this lag issue, hence our need to temporarily shut down seamless multiplayer for all. The Watch Dogs 2 development team’s priority is working on fixing this issue.

To be clear, you can play the full single-player campaign normally. Additionally, co-op is still fully functional by inviting friends through the game menu. However, the Bounty-Hunter mode and other activities that would occur with other outside players who enter your game will be unavailable until the issue is resolved. We truly appreciate your patience during this time.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ss-Multiplayer-Update?p=12051061#post12051061

finalflame

Gold Member
Hey guys. My internet is having issues tonight so from an usual 300mbit+ downstream I'm stuck at ~2mbit ;/ Can anyone fill me in on the size of the day-1 patch? Can/should I play tonight without patching if I go get a physical copy?

Ibuki

Banned
I just bought Watch Dogs 2 through Best Buy as a digital download,the second I got the code I copied and pasted and code does not work . I have tried through my Ps4 and Sony online,anyone have any experience with this? I am wondering if its not going to work till midnight.

It most likely wouldn't be activated at midnight, it will work when the PlayStation store is updated tomorrow, whenever that may be.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hey guys. My internet is having issues tonight so from an usual 300mbit+ downstream I'm stuck at ~2mbit ;/ Can anyone fill me in on the size of the day-1 patch? Can/should I play tonight without patching if I go get a physical copy?

230mb apparently. Seems like big patching was delayed.

gkeller16

Neo Member
It most likely wouldn't be activated at midnight, it will work when the PlayStation store is updated tomorrow, whenever that may be.
Ended up calling playstation,didn't know they were still open . They told me it will be active at midnight,not holding my breath.

Sheesh, this game is soooooo good. It's such an insane improvement over the first, with so much cool stuff to see and do. Seriously, whoever came up with the mechanic to call the cops on anyone is a GENIUS. It's so dope to have someone who just talked shit to you get dragged off by the cops.

Biggest flaw so far is the enemy AI, especially in regards to stealth. Coming off Maffia III which pretty much perfected its stealth gameplay, the AI here feels typically unrealiable, janky even. The spot detection happens WAY too fast as well, 9 out of 10 times I don't even have time to move back or otherwise take cover, which makes the whole mechanic pretty moot. Another thing that hooks into this is that an entire base is instantly alerted when someone spots me. There is zero leway for me to take down the guy before he alerts everyone, making one mistake can and will ruin the entire ghost infiltration.

Also, again after playing Maffia III, why doesn't Marcus have a whistle or other options to lure a guard towards him. Throw a a pebble for all I care, Far Cry-style. Tons of gadgets, but no way to just lure a guard towards me.

Talking about gadgets, I really appreciate how they've tried to incorporate different playstyles. Almost every area you need to infiltrate can also be hacked remotely via the drone, jumper or often a combination of the two. Really neat.

ALSO: doing a backflip off ledges is something that should've been in Assassin's Creed ages ago! The freerunning is awesome.

Did they take out online modes or add any? It seemed to me that Tailing is gone.

ZeroX03

Banned
Have people received their Twitch Prime DLC codes yet? I did mine a week ago and it said it would be emailed to me.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Nice OT.

Today's the day I'll get my hands on the game. Yesterday just wasn't possible for me. It's going to be glorious.

Have people received their Twitch Prime DLC codes yet? I did mine a week ago and it said it would be emailed to me.

Does the code work on consoles?

Top Bottom