• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale [Up: Sony registers domain]

5amshift

Banned
Depending on how this plays, I'll be down for it. Possibly not day 1, but eventually. Quite excited for what specials these characters will have.

I have my doubts that Sony is capable of providing the same great gameplay that makes Smash Bros so good. But if they do accomplish this, then I look forward to having two great fighting games to choose from.

It'd be neat if Sony licensed Spyro and Crash, for old times' sake.

That'd be great as long as they were able to use their original concepts instead of what exists now. And i'm not sure that Activision would allow that considering that they've kind of revived the Spyro brand recently.

SykoTech

I'm worried it is going to be dominated by PS3 era characters, I really hope they dig deep and do old characters like Vibri. A black and white Vib Ribbon level where the environment changes to music you're playing on your PS3 would be so awesome
vibri.jpg

PaRappa the Rapper is apparently one of the characters playable. Hopefully that means we'll get a good amount of characters that aren't the usual PS3 reps.

that name is just too long and "precise". another thing is, that the appealing of the word battle is brutal or shows sth. competitive. i would name this sort of games like nintendo do. smash is simple and smashing stuff makes fun and on the other hand a battle is hard and tough. the title should contain words like crunch, shatter, crash, dash, break , etc. instead of fight or battle.

Agreed. Still anything is better than Title Fight; that was just way too generic. I just came up with Playstation All Stars Rumble

Acrylic7

I just hope they get this right, in terms of controls and art style.
and don't do dlc incorrectly. Cannot stand for this kind of shit.

Drencrom

Finger Gymnastics: The Game :p I liked it though, despite the occasionally cumbersome controls and the plot holes.

Remember my first playthrough very fondly, plotholes and a few flaws became apparent on my second and third playthrough though.
Looking forward to QD's new game, their Kara demo was neat.

7Th

I still can't believe they didn't go with "Battle Opera"; I would have bought that game for the title alone.

Endo Punk

I still can't believe they didn't go with "Battle Opera"; I would have bought that game for the title alone.

Battle Royale is not bad, it's the name of a super awesome movie after all :p Cross-over chaos is good too. Shouldn't be too long though, I say drop the 'All-Star' part.

KillGore

Battle Royale is not bad, it's the name of a super awesome movie after all :p Cross-over chaos is good too. Shouldn't be too long though, I say drop the 'All-Star' part.

I prefer they dropping the "Playstation" part from the name. All-stars Battle Royale is much better (IMO). For example, Heroes on the Move was a much better name than Playstation Move Heroes. Sony thinks that adding the "playstation" name in the title will make people buy it, which is completely false. It makes it sound kinda tacky. They think they could pull off a Nintendo (even though I don't like it that much either tbh)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I just hope it's a real fighting game and not some half ass attempt .

Real fighting game like SF,VF,Tekken will be hard, especially for a no name studio like Superbot, it for sure wont be good for kids/not family friendly so a super casual mashing game like Smash Bros is more likely here.

But the sweet spot I think will be something like Naruto Ninja Storm, it also be good for casual people and real fighting games fans.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
PaRappa the Rapper is apparently one of the characters playable. Hopefully that means we'll get a good amount of characters that aren't the usual PS3 reps.

The problem is that most of the memorable PS1/PS2 games on our side(s) of the world weren't coming from Sony.

Hopefully the game has a unified art style

I bet it won't though, and we're going to get a weird amalgamation of realistic character vs cartoons

Top Bottom