• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Graphical Downgrade

Peroroncino

UnitedLameElver-size_restricted.gif

At this point Bioware should really get some memes regarding their animation quality... wtf is this, space version of moonwalk? Lmao.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Okay now I'm genuinely sad.

Mass Effect is one of my favorite IPs ever.

It looks like this needs another 6-12 months in the over before it's serviceable. This may kill the franchise. I'm sure it will still do decently in sales, and I'm not canceling my preorder, but I'm genuinely sad.

After just playing an hour of it I can safely say I think ME3 Looks a lot better during any type of cut scene. Usually i'm like "yeah whatever, game still looks good" regardless of downgrades but yeah....No bueno

Just playing the game looks fine, beautiful rather when out on a planet....but whenever there is like cut scenes the game looks pretty bad.

Okay now I'm genuinely sad.

Mass Effect is one of my favorite IPs ever.

It looks like this needs another 6-12 months in the over before it's serviceable. This may kill the franchise. I'm sure it will still do decently in sales, and I'm not canceling my preorder, but I'm genuinely sad.

Yeah, pretty much this. It's just sad to see how my favorite franchise crumbles like this. I've also just learned that this isn't made by the main ME team. I'm actually cancelling my pre-order shortly, but I'll still buy it day 1 depending on the reviews and how often those kind of animations happen. I bet those aren't happening 100% of the time we start the game.

Based on some comments from insiders i'm thinking this game had really troubled development and we're now seeing the results of it come to light. Some of this animation is blatantly unfinished whether it's that gif that Lime posted or stuff like really bad motion capture cleanup that looks like the guys barely had anytime to even get this remotely cleaned up to what I assume an animator would deem ideal:

The joints are popping and jittering all over the place, they have the mocap sausage arm thing going on, like...whoever did this scene certainly did not have enough time for it.

Maybe they bit off more than they can chew in the time allotted for development?

Do you have links or remembered what was said about the insiders saying the game had troubled development.

Pacotez

zGINNKD.gif

Even ignoring the aesthetics of the animation, I'm actually mad thinking about how physically impossible that weight shift would be.

It's quite easier if you know how to properly do it (brazilian jiu jitsu). She just gently pushed her tho yet PB flew

OMG These animation gifs are... hilariously bad! What happened, Bioware?! I had an inkling feeling that something like this will happen but I was hoping that that wouldn't be the case. I enjoyed playing the previous ME games despite the awful ending of ME3. What a letdown. :-( Oh well, I'll just grab it after a significant price drop.
Will be buying Persona 5 instead!

And seriously, someone here is comparing the character models and animation on this game to Horizon? Really? These two games aren't even on the same league.

This explains so much of the weird marketing for this game.

"It's just Fallout 4 marketing, guys n gals!!"

When they weren't showing actual game footage less than 2 months out, you knew something was up. There is no reason this shouldn't have been delayed to put on the extra polish it obviously needs.

aerts1js

Are people saying that now they'll get this game for sure over this? Um, I'm not wasting my money on this trash.... literally ps2 levels of animation. Maybe in a couple of years if they get this all sorted out through patches.

Mik317

yall gonna be ashamed of your words and deeds once you find out that all the humans are dead and these are all aliens that simply look like them.

..yeah

Salz01

They are going to patch the hell out of this game. Hopefully they can patch a better character creator. I actually purchased it online, but thinking about waiting to play, till they clean this up. BioFail.

Samaritan

Man, I wanna know who the hell thought this was ready to go gold.

LMAO
I assure you no one on the development team thought this was ready to ship in this state. But just wow at how clearly half-baked this game is. I can't remember a AAA games shipping in such a sorry state before.

Strings

https://webmshare.com/Dm0Nz

What the actual fuck. None of that makes any sense. How did anyone okay this? WHO WROTE THAT, AND HOW DID IT GET PAST HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE.

Now the comment from the RPS guy suggesting the writer walk off a cliff doesn't seem so hyperbolic.

What the fuck is up with the facial animations in this game? I remember Inquisition looking just fine, what the hell happened here?

As someone who played through Inquisition multiple times (and one recently), they were okay. Some were better than others. There were a few instances of terrible animation/facial expressions but nothing too crazy.

Top Bottom