• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) studio to announce new title next month

Man, how good would Yakuza 2 Kiwami on Switch be? It's such a long and wonderful game, and being able to play it on the go like I did Zelda BotW would be ideal.

cordy

Banned
What are the chances of a Yakuza 0 2?

I'm honestly hoping for a Kiwami 2 and 0-2. I wanna see more of young Kiryu and Majima.

TreIII

* RGG7 - natch
* RGG2 Kiwami - natch

The more interesting thing is seeing what wholly new thing they could be working on. A Binary Domain sequel, or a game that takes its mechanics and continues them forward in a new IP, would be just fine by me.

Yakuza 7 now starring Haruka

HNV5REY.gif

Listen, I've already broken six monitors by throwing my wallet at them to make this happen, and I'm happy to break six more if necessary.

I still hope they do a Kazama spinoff one of these days. I'd love to see the RGG team's take on Japan in the '60s, and it'd be nice to see how they deal with Kazama being such a legend even though he was a straight up stone cold murderer for like decades :p

I was thinking about this today, I'd love more back story on the guy to understand just how he got to be such a trusted character within the Tojo clan. Plus you just know Shimano would totally try stabbing you in the back at least once in the game!

Man, how good would Yakuza 2 Kiwami on Switch be? It's such a long and wonderful game, and being able to play it on the go like I did Zelda BotW would be ideal.

I'd love any Yakuza game on the Switch, just so I can play the side stuff on the go. I'd never leave my hands if such a thing would be released.

I'm expecting Yakuza 2 remake, 3-5 remaster and Yakuza 7!

And this is what I really want. Get all the series on the PS4 with excellent remakes and remasters where appropriate alongside the brand new chapter of the series. I can't wait to see what gets announced, as this has been easily my favourite series of the last couple of gens, I'm partway through a Yakuza 0 replay and I can't help but be addicted to it all over again, I just love how well done the side stuff, story, combat etc. is in these games.

OldMuffin

Came here to unrealistically pray for binary domain 2.... but looks like I've already been beaten to the punch. But seriously still pissed that it did so poorly on release, for shame :(

Pachael

what if they are working with yu suzuki to do shenmue 1 & 2 remakes

Reverse plot twist wishful thinking speculation: Yakuza studio is making Virtua Fighter 6 in lieu of AM2 directly to console (PS4 at least) as the title will not have an arcade release initially like SFV and KOFXIV (may have arcade releases later), and AM2 are busy with Soul Reverse and Kancolle arcade games whilst the Yakuza studio have a good idea of what would sell on the console.

Their VF5FS port to Yakuza 6 was for practice - I remember when that was supposed to be a prelude to a proper VF5FS PS4 $20-$30 release with online play et al, but idk what happened so I just bought the PS3 version and it's still pretty good stuff.

mas8705

That should give me enough time to get Yakuza 0 and enjoy it. Too many great games we got this year and I still need to get to this and Nier.

RIP Wallet 2017

Ydelnae

I will never understand why people keep expecting localization announcements at Japan focused events. If Ishin ever gets localized, I doubt this is the place in which they would reveal it.

I'm expecting the next RGG to not be numbered and be a start of a new saga, without Kiryu.

Whatever they announce, I'm buying it. You don't even need to tell me what it is, I'll pre-order it.

This is the only developer I'll do that for.
What are the chances of a Yakuza 0 2?

I'm honestly hoping for a Kiwami 2 and 0-2. I wanna see more of young Kiryu and Majima.
Pretty much Zero (hehe). Yakuza 0-2 is basically Kiwami.

Though a Kiwami 2, as in a remake of Yakuza 2, would be the most hype shit ever. One of the best gaming stories ever getting the game it deserves.

Some insider info:

One of the unnanounced games stars Mr. Labido and is a party game similar to Mario Party set in the world of Yakuza. It's a mix of mini games from the series. This includes a minigame referencing Dead Souls, but the zombies are bikini models and you use something other than a gun to shoot them.

/jk but I wish

I mean, they said they still need a couple of titles to fully nail down the Y6 engine/groundwork. Time to practice by doing Kiwami 2.

I mean, they said they still need a couple of titles to fully nail down the Y6 engine/groundwork. Time to practice by doing Kiwami 2.

Seems like 2 would be pretty difficult to practice with though - they'd have to add in the rest of Kamuracho that is missing from 6 and do Osaka (which is a smaller map but would still probably be not that simple to make in the new engine).

Then there is adding to the combat - 2 had a ton of (heat) moves missing from 6. I'd definitely be impressed if they can pump out a remake of 2 with their usual quality within the next year :)

Seems like 2 would be pretty difficult to practice with though - they'd have to add in the rest of Kamuracho that is missing from 6 and do Osaka (which is a smaller map but would still probably be not that simple to make in the new engine).

Then there is adding to the combat - 2 had a ton of (heat) moves missing from 6. I'd definitely be impressed if they can pump out a remake of 2 with their usual quality within the next year :)

At least the full locations they need sooner rather than later anyway.

Aki-at

More Yakuza? Yes! New IP? Yes! Basically anything from this team, I trust them to think it'll be one of my favourite games whenever it releases.

At least the full locations they need sooner rather than later anyway.

Agreed! I just see them doing another Kamuracho focused game where they build up the rest of the city and combat. 6 had two cities but Hiroshima was a fairly sparse area to explore while Osaka is far more dense in activities. But I guess if any team can do it, its the RGG team. I'm constantly impressed with how efficient they are when it comes to releasing new titles in the Yakuza series.

Top Bottom