• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) studio to announce new title next month

Peroroncino

I presume PC porting and 2 remake to be part of them.

PC port would be smart, I bet many western PC players would likely give it a shot, thus boosting sales even further.

As much as I love the series and it's by far my most favorite PS exclusive, I'd be happy to see it go on additional platform.

PC port would be dope but I don't think this is the place to announce it. Japanese market doesn't give a shit about the PC still.

CrazyHal

uannX7h.gif

Simo

It would be awesome if they did a PS4 port or whatever of the Samurai/Fedual Japan entry. I always wanted to try that one.

sn00zer

I hope its anything but Yakuza, because my god o would live to see them tackle other settings with the same detailed mindset

It would be awesome if they did a PS4 port or whatever of the Samurai/Fedual Japan entry. I always wanted to try that one.

Not sure if you're talking specifically about Kenzan, because Ishin did get a PS4 port.
But there are 2 feudal Japan ones, Ishin and Kenzan, neither have been localised.

Also yea I agree, I would love to play those games, especially without using a GameFAQs translation guide.

Ulong

I've just been playing through yakuza 4/5 the last few weeks, first time ever touching yakuza. Unsure if I'll pick up zero or just wait for Kiwami. I know Kiwami is a bit shorter then zero but it's still a pretty full experience with side story type things and all that right?

Anyhow, Yakuza is still a new and fresh thing for me so I'm down for more of it.

xclk07

Is it foolish of me to NOT want a Yakuza 7 announcement yet when I just started in with 0? I would much rather go through all the other games first.

Granted, I realize it doesn't really matter in terms of story (other than 0 -> 1 and 4 -> 5 -> 6), but a Kiwami 2 and 3, 4, 5 remaster (or NA versions of Kenzan/Ishin!!!) is much more exciting to me because I will still have 6 to play on the new engine regardless!

I did buy the reprints of 2, 3, and 4 and have the PS+ d/l of 5; so even if no polishing of the old games is announced, I'll still play through all of them (pacing myself of course, don't want to burn out), but... it'd just be great from a quality of life perspective to have everything on PS4.

Edit: Oh... obviously this doesn't take into consideration those fans who have already played everything! If a Yakuza 7 is announced, I am very happy for you all! :)

I'm betting on the "Kazuma Box" for PS4 containing,

Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Yakuza 3 HD
Yakuza 4 HD
Yakuza 5 HD
Yakuza Kenzan HD
Yakuza Ishin

Releasing this fall at $100

psp titles too

Fukuzatsu

That's why there is the new Y6 build.

It's just a shame it runs pretty bad on the base PS4, because with some more fleshed-out features and better animations I think it's improved a good bit.

Truly free camera, and now no loading for basically anything (shops/interiors/battles), full voice-acting for sub-stories, I think those are all cool. But the fighting gameplay is over-simplified (no styles, no equippable weapons outside of beat-em-up-ish mid-battle drops) from Zero/Kiwami, and some minigames are underwhelming. In particular the RIZAP stuff, aside from being an advertisement for a real product, is just not very fun.

Fukuzatsu

Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Yakuza 3 HD
Yakuza 4 HD
Yakuza 5 HD
Yakuza Kenzan HD
Yakuza Ishin

psp titles too

That would be nuts, and wouldn't make a lot of sense in Japan considering Kiwami and Ishin on the PS4 are pretty old by now. Kenzan and 3-5 Remasters are an idea though.

Black Panther seems like it would be a hard sell and a lot of work to remake, especially since it uses pre-rendered backgrounds and fixed camera for a lot of the game.

Desmond

Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Yakuza 3 HD
Yakuza 4 HD
Yakuza 5 HD
Yakuza Kenzan HD
Yakuza Ishin

psp titles too
Why would the Black Panther games be in a Kazuma box?

On Topic, I'm hoping for a Akiyama, Saejima game, or a Black Panther reboot.

dreamfall

Ready for the world. Still working through 0, but I'll forever be a lifelong Nagoshi fan. It'll be nice to see maybe a Yakuza 2 Remake and a new IP!

Jimrpg

Is this going to be like last time this forum said there would be a reveal and it was just their monthly video blog? japanese source?

This one sounds pretty legit.

Last time, I think it was Yakuzafan that got excited and said that nagoshi would reveal details in live stream, and we (including Yakuzafan) took that as meaning a possible announcement.

Anyways this is pretty exciting - I think its going to be Yakuza 2:Kiwami announced and the next Yakuza game (but it won't be called Yakuza), it'll be basically like Yakuza 7 except I think based on Yakuza 6 sales they'll probably want to start fresh with a new cast.

Yakuza 2: Kiwami, will be announced, and then playable at TGS the following month in September, followed by a December/January release as per usual in Japan.

The next Yakuza will be end of next year in Japan I think.

This one sounds pretty legit.

Last time, I think it was Yakuzafan that got excited and said that nagoshi would reveal details in live stream, and we (including Yakuzafan) took that as meaning a possible announcement.

Anyways this is pretty exciting - I think its going to be Yakuza 2:Kiwami announced and the next Yakuza game (but it won't be called Yakuza), it'll be basically like Yakuza 7 except I think based on Yakuza 6 sales they'll probably want to start fresh with a new cast.

Yakuza 2: Kiwami, will be announced, and then playable at TGS the following month in September, followed by a December/January release as per usual in Japan.

The next Yakuza will be end of next year in Japan I think.

Sounds legit, I think this is the most likely outcome. Though I could see a hypothetical Kiwami 2 getting released in March like some of the PS3 releases.

Kaoru, Ryuji and young Kiryu are going to look so good on the Yakuza 6 engine, good God.

Though I do hope they go back to Ryuji's original look. He looks like such a crabby old dude in Dead Souls:

mQfnz4G.jpg

Those games are like five years apart and he aged thirty years :p

Jimrpg

Sounds legit, I think this is the most likely outcome. Though I could see a hypothetical Kiwami 2 getting released in March like some of the PS3 releases.

Was browsing around and came across this quote from Nagoshi on Gamespot's site about Yakuza 6 and the next Yakuza game.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/yakuza-creator-talks-007-inspirations-wacky-humor-/1100-6451146/

GS: Yakuza 6 is set to be the final chapter of Kazuma Kiryu's saga. What fueled the creative decision to do this?

Nagoshi: Back during Yakuza 4's development, we started to think, ”How are we going to bring Kazuma Kiryu's story to a close?" Since the games are made to have all the characters age with each consecutive entry, we had to consider when to put an end cap on each character's story. Yakuza's story doesn't contain characters with superpowers who can use magic; this isn't fantasy. The game tells stories with real people and real drama. This has always been a major underpinning of the series, so we always knew that, at some point, Kiryu's story had to come to a close.
Similar to the way the 007 series hires new leads to keep the franchise going, we intend to have different protagonists appear in the Yakuza games in order to keep the series alive. When Sean Connery passed on the James Bond torch, a lot of people complained, but eventually people grew accustomed to the new actors. Each actor put their own flair to the 007 character, so in the same way, we believe that the different protagonists we'll end up using will ultimately be able to carry the torch for Kiryu.

So it could very well be Akiyama or Saejima, but it could have very well changed in the last few years given sales of the series.

ubiblu

can't wait for their live stream where they do the announcement

r5NSG8h.png

Never forget.

So it could very well be Akiyama or Saejima, but it could have very well changed in the last few years given sales of the series.

Y7 should be Majima, Akiyama, and Saejima helping an up and coming street punk make it big. Or go the whole full house route and force a grown up Haruto to raise an incessantly annoying baby with three father figures.

That darn stream was the ultimate troll. Add in the expected but disappointing Shenmue III delay news that was also released at the same time and I was pretty disappointed.

However I have a better feeling about August - Shenmue III will be at Gamescom and this event should yield some news for the Yakuza studio/series. Still refuse to get hyped, at least that way I'll be over the moon if anything good gets announced1

Top Bottom