• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) studio to announce new title next month

mejin

"only an idiot would do that"

tumblr_nnj7wdly9G1rfrwufo1_400.gif

It's time.

LordKano

Did he say that he has a Switch game in development? I thought he was just at the Switch event as a representative of Sega.

Nagoshi said: “SEGA sees a tremendous amount of appeal in Nintendo Switch and will intend to be present on the platform, and similarly I as an individual creator sense a new kind of appeal with this game hardware. We will consider new games for Nintendo Switch and will present them soon. This new hardware is taking on a new challenge and has a lot of appealing points and I would like to take advantage of this new concept and I would like to create a new interesting game.”

http://segabits.com/blog/2017/01/12...akes-the-stage-at-nintendo-switch-conference/
It's a bit ambiguous. He says that he'd like to make games for it but idk if he's talking as a representative of SEGA or not.

YES YES YES. Kiwami 2 on the old engine, Kiwami 2 on the new engine, Yakuza 7, another period spinoff, Binary Domain 2; I'll take any and/or all of'em.

I still hope they do a Kazama spinoff one of these days. I'd love to see the RGG team's take on Japan in the '60s, and it'd be nice to see how they deal with Kazama being such a legend even though he was a straight up stone cold murderer for like decades :p

Top Bottom