• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) studio to announce new title next month

the reason i am siding with the idea of a remaster is because the team currently is super busy working on big tasks like new and fresh take on RGG and of course the new IP.
i will be amazed if they were able to do it on top of all that.

I agree regarding workload, and I can also see them releasing 3-5 as quicker remasters while working on larger projects. But 2 is in a couple of ways technically dated and it'd be a shame for them to not give it the full remake treatment, or at least give it the Kiwami treatment (as they have most of the assets and character models already there from past games, so it'd not be a huge under taking).

We'll certainly see come Saturday. That's assuming anything gets announced. I still refuse to get hyped just in case!

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
my predictions for the event:

- new RGG with new protagonist and a complete new cast.
- new IP (my bet is on another adventure type game to better utilize the new engine)
- RGG remasters collection for PS4 (including 2,3,4 and 5 all remasters not remakes)

I will be really happy if this happens.

Fiendcode

Yeah, well Nagoshi definitely was involved with creating Super Monkey Ball and the sequel but I believe those were the only ones he was involved in.
No, Nagoshi was also the director on the DS and first Wii games, and his team still developed the 2nd Wii and 3DS games with him still serving as producer. Everything else was outsourced (GBA/Ngage to Realism/Software Creations, Deluxe to Tose, Adventure to TT, iOS/Android to Other Ocean, Vita to Marvelous).

Aselith

92On4.jpg

How about Super Monkey Ball in the next Yakuza iteration at Sega Arcade? I can dream, right? :p

I'd be up for that. It'd be a great inclusion. Fast paced and addictive... fits the bill perfectly!

No, Nagoshi was also the director on the DS and first Wii games, and his team still developed the 2nd Wii and 3DS games with him still serving as producer. Everything else was outsourced (GBA/Ngage to Realism/Software Creations, Deluxe to Tose, Adventure to TT, iOS/Android to Other Ocean, Vita to Marvelous).

Didn't realise he worked on that many of them. Were the Wii/3DS ones any good?
I've only played the first two games on the Gamecube, the first Xbox release and then the Vita version.

F4r0_Atak

As much as I would want a Binary Domain 2 (included with a remaster of the first game), I want to see what this studio is capable of if they were working on another new IP.

I'm really hoping for a Kenzan/Ishin PS4 collection coming to the West. Maybe even a PC announcement. Even if I don't get Ishin today, I'll be okay knowing we might get it at PSX with a Kiwami 2 western release date as well.

Ryu ga Gotoku on Switch ;)

Real talk though:
A Ryu ga Gotoku game set during the 60s or post WW2 Japan would be an interesting topic.
Someone (Shadowman?) suggested a game that focuses on Kazama's life when he was still young in the clan. What made HIM such a legend throughout the Tojo?
I'm really hoping for a Kenzan/Ishin PS4 collection coming to the West. Maybe even a PC announcement.
I wouldn't expect any localization or PC release announcements at this event tbh. This is where we see the future of the series, and possibly new projects outside of it too.

Naliem

New Yakuza-FZero crossovevr, where a version of Kiryu and the cast of Yakuza meet Captain Falcon and take on antigrav races with a dark plot and hilarious sidequests.

One can dream, right?

Top Bottom