• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In the Injustice 2 QL Jeff talks about hitting that point quickly in fighting games that he doesnt find fun where he just gets murdered by the enemy players and cant even get anything done

and hes excited for Tekken. Poor soul.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You mean this huge explanation isn't clear enough?
It isn't

Exactly. How am supposed to be hearing sounds on a plane? Am I suppose to be able to tell by fractional differences between when a sound hits my right vs left ear?

A visual indicator of general direction wouldn't give things away - the attacker can still remain hidden and hold fire if the person is looking at them. I'm not expecting a literal 'bad guy here' sign, just something to cover the lack of situational awareness because we're in a game not real life.

Edit: no way to rewind to the start on a live stream on mobile? Alternatively does giant bomb have any way to set notifications/alerts for live content?

Harpuia

I like Akechi a lot, his smug personality is great. It's funny to hear Alex's hate for him. But I think (PERSONA 5 MAJOR Palace 6 and 7 SPOILERS):
he's going to be disappointed that the game attempts to give him redemption at the end of the seventh palace and won't see him plunge into the depths of hell. I'm not the biggest fan of how akechi' s story wrapped up. I feel like they should have played it straight and just made him a dick all the way.

Good on Vinny with those Teen Titans callbacks

It's soooo hard. It's more hilarious though. I didn't think Cyborg and Blue Beetle were obscure. But I guess so.

They actually were but they have been getting popular over the years due to DC pushing them.

Cyborg was pushed to a founding member of the Justice league and Jamie is basically the ultimate spider man version of the Blue Beetle (new hero to take up the mantle, aims for the younger generation, etc)

pizzacat

Banned
I like DC shit, I can't really get offended by them not knowing esp cnet man when he barely knows what he's supposed to know for his job lul switch handle

Meguro

Banned
"I think I like it [The Surge] as much as their other game."
Yikes! Way to completely unsell me on a game, Vinny!

Nerokis

Seems like there were a lot of first time buyers of a Persona game going by the NPD results.

Good! Always nice to see a JRPG find great success over here. In P5's case, it's thoroughly deserved.

I like Akechi a lot, his smug personality is great. It's funny to hear Alex's hate for him. But I think (PERSONA 5 SPOILERS):
he's going to be disappointed that the game attempts to give him redemption at the end of the sixth palace and won't see him plunge into the depths of hell. I'm not the biggest fan of how akechi' s story wrapped up. I feel like they should have played it straight and just made him a dick all the way.

Not far in enough to know much about Akechi (almost done with
Fubata's palace
), so I'm going to go ahead and pass over that spoiler, but I want to add to the pro-Akechi sentiment. I like him a lot so far.

Also, couldn't help but notice something interesting. During your formal introduction to him, he seems to
overhear Morgana talking about pancakes
. Maybe I misunderstood something, but if I correctly picked up on the intent there, I think it's cool that
his secret identity was strongly hinted at so early on

BearPawB

Banned
Exactly. How am supposed to be hearing sounds on a plane? Am I suppose to be able to tell by fractional differences between when a sound hits my right vs left ear?

A visual indicator of general direction wouldn't give things away - the attacker can still remain hidden and hold fire if the person is looking at them. I'm not expecting a literal 'bad guy here' sign, just something to cover the lack of situational awareness because we're in a game not real life.

if you can't tell if the bullet is on your right or left side you need some new headphones.
The sound design is excellent.

If you hear a bullet whizzing by your ear...it means it whizzed by your ear...which means it either came from in front of you or behind you.

I'm not saying it doesn't take practice. But the bullet sound effects are soooo good. And not having a directional thing on the screen would take away so much from the game.

Dead Cells looks great.

Picked it up this morning. It is really fun.
I don't think the upgrade system as it exists so far is as good as something like Rogue Legacy. But the combat is WAY better.

Dany

Banned
Help me name that game!

Early OG Xbox game, exclusive ithink. You played a female snow boarder gKing through nuclear power plants and stuff, radioactive waste

That was a nice, lowkey stream. The Surge definitely looked much better than I thought it was but I'm still not interested in getting it. Just not feeling the "souls vibe" at the moment.

ArjanN

"I think I like it [The Surge] as much as their other game."
Yikes! Way to completely unsell me on a game, Vinny!

Vinny just liked Lords of the Fallen more than most, The Surge is clearly a better effort at a Souls clone.

In the Injustice 2 QL Jeff talks about hitting that point quickly in fighting games that he doesnt find fun where he just gets murdered by the enemy players and cant even get anything done

and hes excited for Tekken. Poor soul.

My experierce was that mashing generally gets you decent mileage in Tekken. At least in the first week or two when Jeff is actually going to play and there's still plenty of casual players.

That said I don't think Jeff really has the time or patience to actually become good at a fighting game, Jeff has some natural aptitude, but I always got the impression jeff is like most players in that he basically checks out once he reaches the point he can't play by instinct any more. Regardless of how good they make the tutorial stuff.

Hindl

Help me name that game!

Early OG Xbox game, exclusive ithink. You played a female snow boarder gKing through nuclear power plants and stuff, radioactive waste
I don't know but this led me to the Amped 3 QL. Guess I'm watching that insanity again

I've been playing on the Giantbomb​ Unofficial Classic server in trackmania 2 since Jeff said it was up on upf. Unfortunately, the most people I've seen in it at one time was 8 so I doubt it will stay up for much longer.

Nice job on the OT, Death Metalist.

I'm happy Vinny played The Surge, I wanted him for that QL but this will suffice.

Dudes, I am so far behind on content besides Beastcast which I listen to every Friday. I've been playing The Surge so damn much. I'm really enjoying it and I'm not a soulsguy at all. Fuckin fun dammit.

Anyways just wanted to drop by the new thread.

Back to the grinder.

Tonight, I'm catching up on my DVR and #content. Surge be damned.

Harpuia

Good! Always nice to see a JRPG find great success over here. In P5's case, it's thoroughly deserved.

Not far in enough to know much about Akechi (almost done with
Fubata's palace
), so I'm going to go ahead and pass over that spoiler, but I want to add to the pro-Akechi sentiment. I like him a lot so far.

Also, couldn't help but notice something interesting. During your formal introduction to him, he seems to
overhear Morgana talking about pancakes
. Maybe I misunderstood something, but if I correctly picked up on the intent there, I think it's cool that
his secret identity was strongly hinted at so early on
Oh yeah do not read what I posted. Gonna update it to reflect what palace I'm referring to. You and Alex may be on the same line of thought but for different reasons though.

Harpuia

Question: As a person from Texas, is the heat of New York really that unbearable?

Honestly? The beast cast crew are being babies. It's probably that we have cold/snowy seasons that they're able to have a preference. I've lived in NYC all my life and it really, really isn't that bad. It gets humid which is not really to my personal preference but I'm sure someone in Texas sees hotter days. I prefer the cold myself but when it's hot it isn't THAT bad.

Mirado

Question: As a person from Texas, is the heat of New York really that unbearable?

The thing about this area of the Northeast (lower NY, PA, NJ, etc) is that we get 80% of the heat and humidity that you get in the south during the summer, but our winters are multiple times worse.

It was 92 here yesterday, and two months ago we had two feet of snow. Our summers can rarely get into the upper 90s with high humidity, but it's the contrast with the winters that makes it seem so unbearable.

For reference, it's the same temperature in Dallas right now as it is where I'm at in NEPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom