• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

I3rand0

I may be the most frequent user of hyperbole in the world, but there's no way that the most requested song isn't a Muse song with how fervently their fans have been demanding them for the last three years. The only thing that could possibly be bigger is Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin and... yea.

Or Eagles? They were also on that survey that went out a while back. Maybe Hotel California?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's also Valentine's Day on Tuesday, and although Muse is definitely the most genuinely requested, I would not be remotely surprised if millions of joke requests have been entered.

Ridley327

Welp:

HMXhenry posted:
In case you didn't already have your calendar marked, today is Rick Astley's birthday! Please celebrate by Rick Rolling someone immediately.

Hopefully, the rest of the pack can make up for it.

I pray it isn't Muse. I hope it is another great Valentines pack like last year had.

Huey Lewis "Do You Believe in Love" possibly? Nah. That will be for their own pack.

I may be the most frequent user of hyperbole in the world, but there's no way that the most requested song isn't a Muse song with how fervently their fans have been demanding them for the last three years. The only thing that could possibly be bigger is Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin and... yea.

I'm still voting it's Stairway, not that I want Stairway but because I know it's requested often.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
This week's RBN: no highly-requested songs whatsoever!

This week in RBN for XBox:

Glam
Christian Death - "Narcissus Metamorphosis Of" (160 MSP)

Metal
Alestorm - "Shipwrecked" (160 MSP) 2x
Codex Alimentarius - "Baptised" (160 MSP)
Halcyon Way - "Inside Looking Out (The Icon & The Ghost)" (80 MSP) 2x
Machinae Supremacy - "Force Feedback" (160 MSP)
Solution .45 - "Gravitational Lensing" (80 MSP) 2x
Watain - "Underneath the Cenotaph" (160 MSP) 2x

Nu-Metal
Powerman 5000 - "Do Your Thing" (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
Radidsh - "Wild Yellowness" (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Blame Ringo - "Garble Arch" (80 MSP)
Blame Ringo - "In A Hurricane" (80 MSP)

Prog
Rishloo - "Scissorlips" (80 MSP)

Reggae/Ska
Sunny Side Up - "Welcome to the Skalocaust" (80 MSP)

Rock
Josh Blackburn - "I'm Dirt" (160 MSP)

Coming to PS3 next week:

Amberian Dawn - "My Only Star" ($1.99) - Metal
The Motion Sick - "30 Lives" ($0.99) - Indie Rock
Jerry Naylor - "All I Want Is You" ($1.99) - Rock
Jukebox the Ghost - "So Let Us Create" ($1.99) - Pop-Rock
Magnus 'SoulEye' Pålsson - "Potential for Anything" ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic

Hop

$2.50 says it's Never Gonna Give You Up.

Someone give Emerson about two fiddy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™and PlayStation®3 system (February 14th, 2012):

• Heart – “Alone” O
• Mr. Big – “To Be With You” X
• Poison – “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” O X
• Rick Astley – “Never Gonna Give You Up” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 15th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points, 700 Wii Points™) for “Gold Star My Heart Pack”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

FyreWulff

I'm actually looking forward to how well Harmonix cleans up the master for Give You Up.

I can't even stand any of my CD copies of Simple Man over the RB version.

gosox333

So Never Gonna Give You Up was the most requested song ever, then? I guess that would make sense....

I'll probably pass. The novelty isn't worth $2.00 to me.

Xusder

Unconfirmed Member
I have bought it! InstaBought all the tracks!

I'm glad I have 1200 points left over from the Bush pack, cause if I didn't I'd probably only get the Rick Astley/Mr. Big DLC.

But I have extra points, and I can splurge it all on DLC. Yes!

AlStrong

Haven't heard the other songs before, but I'll give them a listen to see if I want them. Definitely ricking up Never Gonna Give You Up though.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'm sure you've all heard "Alone" in a Safeway or chain restaurant over the last decade at some point.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Credit to RockBandAide for this:

Harmonix announced today the top 10 requested songs from their website:

1)Rick Astley – Never Gonna Give You Up
2)Green Day – No Song Title Given (people just put in Green Day, without any song title… explains the demand for Green Day: Rock Band, I guess)
3)Family Force 5 – Radiator
4)Blink 182 – Always
5)Erasure – Always
6)Guns N’ Roses – Appetite for Destruction (the entire album was requested, no specific song)
7)Kiss – Alive! (again, the entire album was requested, no specific song)
8)Family Force 5 – Radiator (misspelled, I believe)
9)Reel Big Fish – Beer
10)Greyson Chance – Summer Train

Honestly shockingly bad list to me. I've always wondered why Harmonix doesn't bother to pay attention to their requests, but clearly the requests are just not at all what anyone would envision them to be. No Muse, no Led Zeppelin.

There's another list of requested artists on RBA which is better, but still strange.

Yeah, that's a pretty awful list. Too many gimmicky songs but that's what a lot of internet forum people go for. Shit like Barenaked Ladies, Weird Al, Johnathon Coulton, They Might Be Giants, Ska music...I don't dislike that stuff but it's mostly one-offs.

I'd imagined it would've been something like-
Stairway to Heaven
Paranoid Android
Welcome to the Jungle
Mysterious Ways
Hotel California
Rocking in the Free World
We Don't Need No Education
Satisfaction
Born To Run
Tiny Dancer

Hop

Honestly shockingly bad list to me I've always wondered why Harmonix doesn't bother to pay attention to their requests, but clearly the requests are just not at all what anyone would envision them to be. No Muse, no Led Zeppelin.

There's another list of requested artists on RBA which is better, but still strange.

The artist list also comes from rockband.com/request. All of which was likely spammed by bored 4channers and the like. The Facebook Dashboard app apparently has a much more expected list of top-requested names.

All that came out during the Valentine's livestream yesterday. Along with the word that there's a different Rock Band-related panel every day at PAX East- Friday is an RBN one (that I'm moderating, fuck yea), Sunday is the Rock Band Podcast panel, and Saturday is the Mystery Maybe RB4 Panel.

Yeah, that's a pretty awful list. Too many gimmicky songs but that's what a lot of internet forum people go for. Shit like Barenaked Ladies, Weird Al, Johnathon Coulton, They Might Be Giants, Ska music...I don't dislike that stuff but it's mostly one-offs.

I'd imagined it would've been something like-
Stairway to Heaven
Paranoid Android
Welcome to the Jungle
Mysterious Ways
Hotel California
Rocking in the Free World
We Don't Need No Education
Satisfaction
Born To Run
Tiny Dancer

I'm going to put a bit of look-of-disapproval here because you call TMBG "one-off shit" but don't even know the actual name of Another Brick in the Wall.

EYEL1NER

After seeing that requested list, I had to try to figure out what a 'Family Force 5' was.
After listening to them, I have to say that I am glad that HMX doesn't listen to the fans.

Honestly shockingly bad list to me. I've always wondered why Harmonix doesn't bother to pay attention to their requests, but clearly the requests are just not at all what anyone would envision them to be. No Muse, no Led Zeppelin.

Wow. The average person who requests songs on RB.com is fucking stupid.

Serious.

No joke. They're dumb.

Hop

lol @ "Mystery Maybe RB4 Panel". Although one would think RB4 would be known at that point with E3 around the corner.

Well they were being cagey about it for some reason, so the obvious conclusion to jump to is a RB4 reveal, of course.

I'm going to put a bit of look-of-disapproval here because you call TMBG "one-off shit" but don't even know the actual name of Another Brick in the Wall.

I didn't mean it like that and I said I don't dislike those bands. TMBG are artists and in a league of their own, but oh, I dunno 99% of people I've met who like them are nerdy white people who have very narrow tastes in music. I'm sorry if I offended, it's just a good deal of people I know IRL aren't adventurous in their tastes and you end up with polls like this (the first year of Rock Band parties for me was "Wonderwall and "Still Alive" ad nauseum). You're one of my favorite posters because you keep tabs on the RB stuff, so again apologies :)

Top Bottom