• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokémon Anniversary: Back to Pokémon Red!

Could anyone give me a rundown of events.
I got this so far

We got a Charmander, somehow got it to Charizard
We had a decent Onix
We had a Jynx that just got released

We have a Krabby
And a bunch of stupid PC crap is happening right now

Could anyone give me a rundown of events.
I got this so far

We got a Charmander, somehow got it to Charizard
We had a decent Onix
We had a Jynx that just got released

We have a Krabby
And a bunch of stupid PC crap is happening right now

We have a Poliwag nicknamed Poliswag that's decent
Our first Pokemon caught was a Kakuna, became a favorite, comics of it dreaming of being a Beedrill etc.
Fought Misty, Misty had a freakin' Lapras, "beating Misty" was a real challenge. Kakuna using Harden allowed Starmie to die of burn by stalling, 'final blow' was by Baba the Magikarp using Splash (yep we used Splash, won a gym battle)

Decent Onix was deposited, fought over whether to risk getting him back.

Now after some Diglet Cave "fun" we deposited Kakuna and now some people want Kakuna back since we're attached, and other are just Trolls who want a Bloody Sunday.

Toxi

Banned
A lot of people just want "drama" or "chaos", which basically means making the game a lot more boring because all our best Pokemon are gone.

I imagine Bloody Sunday wouldn't be as fondly remembered if we lost AA-J and Bird Jesus.

hemtae

A lot of people just want "drama" or "chaos", which basically means making the game a lot more boring because all our best Pokemon are gone.

I imagine Bloody Sunday wouldn't be as fondly remembered if we lost AA-J and Bird Jesus.

I can kinda understand them since losing Abby and Jay Leno was when the stream got really good. Before that I was kinda watched off and on because I didn't believe this would amount to anything but after that all the lore started to pour in and the viewers kept growing.

Artificial tragedy is bad though. It only worked for Lazergator's lore because it was novel.

Also someone really needs to make some parody images of Lola from Grim Fandango and Lola the Jynx

GRIMFANDANGO_2006_12_03_17_33_17_60173.jpg

TPP Red and Crystal were definitely my favorites, but I really enjoyed TPP a bunch up until after Randomized HeartGold (not counting Randomized FireRed, it was eh..)

There were always those moments that made those runs, like M4 and >100 E4 runs in Emerald, the dance riots and "time travel" game reset in Platinum, and Kenya(aaaa) the Groudon.

Some pf my favorite stuff from the non-Red or Crystal runs

tumblr_n5ga54eimY1qdo27co1_500.png

Going through the old threads, the constant long comics really are annoying

It's to the point where a part of me wants to go through the threads with lower page counts and reformat all of my posts, given that I posted a bunch of artwork.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'm going to do exactly that. It's getting on my nerves

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
TPP gets really retarded around vermillion.

the stupid thing during red run 1 was... flareon would have been our best pokemon except for AJ.

StoneFox

We could have had Cut by now if we didn't spend all day at the PC. And given that there were points where we had a decent team we had little excuse to keep going back. PC trolls I swear. I do like Kakuna but I don't think he's worth releasing half the PC for.

Crayolan

Oh man, now I hope we release Mankey and Magikarp (sorry Baba <3), the reaction to that would be even better than the reaction to releasing Charizard.

Just imagine, trolls try to release Charizard, but end up releasing every other pokemon instead. Would be glorious.

Wow they are still at the PC. This run will likely need to be restarted. So much troll over 1 kakuna. Seriously not too long ago we had a decent team. It seems the reasonable people are far out numbered by the Kakuna lovers and Charizard release people.

Wow they are still at the PC. This run will likely need to be restarted. So much troll over 1 kakuna. Seriously not too long ago we had a decent team. It seems the reasonable people are far out numbered by the Kakuna lovers and Charizard release people.

Do you think spending a few hours at the PC, our team going to shambles early on, and reasonable people being outnumbered requires the run to be started?

It's really been one year since the first TPP?
Wow, time goes by fast.

I remember the total wackyness back then. It was hilarious. The novelty wore off once they stepped to the 3rd gen though.
Just like Pokémon itself.
I'm sorry.
No, I'm actually not.

It's really been one year since the first TPP?
Wow, time goes by fast.

I remember the total wackyness back then. It was hilarious. The novelty wore off once they stepped to the 3rd gen though.
Just like Pokémon itself.
I'm sorry.
No, I'm actually not.

That was when it started wearing off for sure, but 3rd gen's Elite 4 was by far the greatest

There were over 100 tries and we got our first level 100 pokemon
redeemed everything

I feel like at this point people trying to get away from the PC are just prolonging this boring stuff. The trolls will have their way with Charizard being released/making the game uncompleteable and requiring intervention. I don't see it happening any other way.

and the whole plan B thing constantly getting spammed is just encouraging people to go to the PC. Maybe it's for the best at this point.

BTW, I predict that looking at the bed after collecting all Pokémon and getting the diploma and all that jazz starts a dream match against RED from the very first TPP with Bird Jesus and Zapdos and everything else that was important. All at Lv. 100 of course.

EDIT: Goddamn, we were once again THIS close to releasing another of our Pokémon.

So what did I miss over the nig...oh great another PC genocide. Tuning in to see out only Pokemon as a level 9 Mankey which is trying to grind vs a level 20 Paras made me really concerned. At least Charizard is safe for now but we just used our last Pokeball and lack the cash for more.

As someone points out we've been in a worse state before when there was 0 money and only a Kakuna and Charmander, has the Charmander been released it would be game over.

Crayolan

RIP Growlizard

Darn, we almost made it back to progress the easy way, by releasing everyone except Charizard. Now they have to get back to box 1 and withdraw some mons then spend like 2 days grinding a full team of pokemon up to 40 before we can progress.

At least the PC bullshit is almost done with.

I can't believe they released Charizard

It was fairly obvious considering they've spent the majority of the last 13 hours in front of the PC.

Its okay we've still got that level 31 Onix with:
Rage
Screech
Bind
Rock Throw
Oh god. Does Onix learn anything worthwhile (fakedit: slam at level 33 I suppose but then its last move is harden, fucking harden, what is it with most Gen 1 Pokemon having a dire level up moveset, the only STAB move it gets is rock throw :( ). I have a feeling the Dig TM used on Mankey was its only hope of redemption.

Reyne

But it will all be worth it if we manage to save Kakuna.

I love this.

Uh no it wont. Kakuna will never amount to anything and will be a wasted slot.

Trolls really succeeded this time in getting people emotional over a bottom tier pokemon, repeatedly making us head for the PC to try to 'save' it when in truth they only wanted to see this mess happen.

Bumhat

Finally in a battle, we are about to get wrecked.

Edit: aaaaand done! Having one solitary level 9 Mankey in our party is going to be a bit of an issue :/

Andrefpvs

Of course the chat is now panicking and wants to change back to Box 1, which is very difficult to do uncoordinated, and may result in some more Pokémon being deposited or released.

If Charizard is released, our strongest Pokémon is a level 20 Jynx!

We have Krabby, Jynx and Charizard.

This is a GREAT time to get the hell out of there. We got rid of the dead weight (Magikarp, Kakuna), and our only real loss was Onix. With 3 empty spots, we can actually catch useful Pokémon.

If only the chat was smart enough to GTFO :p

I freaking called it.

I think my interest is now close to gone. There really is nothing pleasant about watching babies bickering with each other. I'll just hope Kakuna is released because I need that Karma in my life :p

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The thing is, there will be many trips to the PC this run. We have to complete the pokedex. That means swapping Pokémon in and out for evolving

At least we released charizard and don't have to re catch a charmander to train and complete the pokedex.

Wake up to see that Growlizard is now gone. I'm just going to believe that he had enough of our obsession over the PC and chose to leave us since we refused to progress.

I hope they release Kakuna so that their stupidity stabs them in the back.

Every TPP I've seen has had this problem.

Stopped trying to make forced lore, you morons. It kills the entertainment value of the playthrough every goddamned time.

hypotc

Should have done this annually or something. If the only run before this one was the original one last year, this one would be much more popular I think.

So the only Pokemon we like that are left alive are Kakuna, Poliswag and Onix...

I shouldn't have gone to sleep

Anyways IF we switch boxes, get our only decent pokemon left (Poliswag and Onix) we'll be okay and be alble to grind again, also if we get Kakuna in the party again at least the lore can make this a tragic rescue instead of stupidity.

Top Bottom