• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West's Yeezus has aged like fine wine.

My opinion on it was probably just poisoned by all the initial Death Grips comparisons, but I still think his sound here is pretty weak for the style he's going for. Really dig a few of the tracks though and should probably give it another spin soon

bound 2's some good cheesy kanye shit and i wont hear anything else

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
It's the only Kanye album I still revisit regularly. It's my favourite Kanye album hands down

This post coupled with your avatar makes me miss the old Kanye West that used to make beats like he listened to dilla. Also, Yeezus is the worst album I've heard from an artist with a classic since Nas and Nastradamus.

AColdDay

Blood on the Leaves and Bound 2 are the only two songs I like on that album.

The Cruel Summer album was awesome though. The only song I like on The Life Of Pablo is Real Friends.

I miss the old Kanye....

Servbot24

Banned
My opinion on it was probably just poisoned by all the initial Death Grips comparisons, but I still think his sound here is pretty weak for the style he's going for. Really dig a few of the tracks though and should probably give it another spin soon

bound 2's some good cheesy kanye shit and i wont hear anything else

Death Grips comparisons are just from casuals who hear nothing but generalizations of a surface, pay them no mind.

MrS

Banned
This post coupled with your avatar makes me miss the old Kanye West that used to make beats like he listened to dilla. Also, Yeezus is the worst album I've heard from an artist with a classic since Nas and Nastradamus.
There's no way Yeezus is as bad as The Life of Pablo

Catvoca

Banned
Probably my most played Kanye album. I'd put 808's and MBDTF above it but I keep coming back to Yeezus. It's a great short burst of energy.

Deepwater

Yeezus is one of those albums that in 15 years everybody will realize how ahead of its time it was.

Real Gs know how great that album is. Top 3 in his discog IMO

I like it, but I don't find it inspiring in how some of the beats were made like MBDTF.

Some songs on MBDTF I didn't like right a away but grew on me like Monster. Yeezus sounds a whola lot like that song throughout with the harsh style. Overall though, it's still some great rap that has at least a few Kanye favorites for me. Black Skinhead, Send it Up, and Blood on the Leaves all fucking kick it with that bass.

Not a fan of Pablo though. Yeesh.

Bronx-Man

Banned
"Yeezus is shit! It's industrial trash that shows Kanye lost it! I miss College Dropour Kanye! Why can't he put out good raps like that hot young kid J Cole?"

"Do you at least have a favorite track from it?"

"Oh yeah, I love Black Skinhead. New Slaves is pretty good too. Blood on the Leaves is fantastic. Hold My Liqour is pretty epic as well. Bound 2 is great, it really reminded me of the old Ye."

Everytime.

T Dollarz

Yeah, I have it third for him behind College Dropout and Late Registration. Played the fuck out of it that year it came out.

I wasn't wild about it the first few times I listened, but it definitely grew on me over time. Not really into ranking albums, but I'd most likely put it at the upper end of his discography. His first 3 albums have a lot of nostalgia going for them (especially CD), but I think Yeezus is more listenable today.

Pics_nao

Yeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Nah. That album is straight fucking garbage. Still haven't listened to 808 so Iunno if that's somehow worse.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A lot of people called it at the time, but things seemed to have followed through now insofar as it having an 808s effect. Polarizing at the time, but over time it has become clearer the influence it's had on the genre. It just was Travi$ Scott this time around instead of KiD CuDi.

TheContact

yeezus isn't music it's just garbage noise. even kanye admitted that album was a rebellion against music.

Yeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Nah. That album is straight fucking garbage. Still haven't listened to 808 so Iunno if that's somehow worse.

808 is fucking great, it's hard for me to pick that or MBDTW as my favorite album of his

The production on Yeezus is so so good. Its stripped back, brash and hard as it comes. He's got some real bangers on this album.

Its a challenging piece of work and i get why people don't like it. I honestly feel this is the album he pushed himself further than before. I love it when an artist expresses themselves and now we know how batshit crazy Kanye is i feel like this is his most honest album.

This is what he was working too. Its the amalgamation of everything that came before it. It's Kanye at his most Kanye i love it and i would love to hear his thoughts on it.

Courage

I used to think Bound 2 was terrible but then I realized it's not and that this is Kanye's only flawless album.

Valhelm

contribute something
Yeezus is such a good album. People hate on the lyrics but they totally fit rough-and-raw the vibe of the album. Love the Jamaican influence too.

Catvoca

Banned
"On Sight" is my favorite Kanye intro to an album.

Easily one of my favourite album intros period. The first time I heard that beat switch
c747d65e9620408da41c471e41f36d98.480x270x183.gif

Top Bottom