• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West's Yeezus has aged like fine wine.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Does any other artists go through the cycle as much as Kanye does ?
Dude gets brought up every six months minimum. I love it as a Ye music fan. Seems like almost everyone asked in this generation has a favorite and hated Kanye album. XD

Mortemis

Banned
It definitely grew on me. Blood on the leaves is one of my favorite yeezy tracks, black skinhead and new slaves are great and on sight is one of his best intros.

Servbot24

Banned
Does any other artists go through the cycle as much as Kanye does ?
Dude gets brought up every six months minimum. I love it as a Ye music fan. Seems like almost everyone asked in this generation has a favorite and hated Kanye album. XD

No cycle, Yeezus great then, Yeezus great now

Pavaloo

for sure

i wasn't totally into it at release, thinking Kanye had kind of scrapped the whole thing together (as I'm sure a lot of people feel about TLoP), but as time went on I kept returning to the songs more and more, they became frequents in my workouts too. At this point I love this album am more interested in post-808s Kanye entirely

Z_Y

Thanks OP. Haven't listened in s long while and decided to revisit it. Guilt Trip has me feeling all sorts of ways. Reminds me of something from 808.

I loved 808.

number11

The only negative is the lyrics. Kanye has never been known for his lyricism.. but this and Pablo are next level terrible when it comes to lyrics.

DiddyBop

No cycle, Yeezus great then, Yeezus great now

yup, I initially hated it, it took me a few listens to understand it's not a typical Kanye album and i grew to appreciate it. Top 3 kanye album. From the get go with On Sight, the sample states:

"he'll give us what we need, it may not be what we want"

sets the tone for the album perfectly and was placed there for a reason. Great album

VeeP

Yeah, it's great, his second best after Pablo. Great rebound album after the dull, self-indulgent crap that was MBDTF.

....what?

Yeezus is probably his worst album for me. Blood on the Leaves is one of his greatest songs however. Amazing.

Pablo was a decent album. Ultralight Beam is also equally amazing.

Best album: MBDTF Second Best: Late Registration

It's an incredible album, A1 production, A1 sequencing, and A1 lyrics/flow.
It's tied for my favorite Kanye album with 808s and MBDTF.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
i gave it a spin today because of this thread

so good. prob my favorite kanye album but tbh i never liked him much and have barely heard his "classics"

i just don't think he's all that good at rapping, and yeezus doesn't bother with much of that

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
There are a few songs that I don't care for (hold my liquor, send it up, I'm in it, guilt trip), but the other half of the album is masterful, and On Sight and New Slaves may be Kanye's best songs.

Top Bottom