• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West's Yeezus has aged like fine wine.

I hope he does milestone concerts for each of his albums, like he did for 808s. I'd die if there were a celebration concert for MBDTF's 10th and Yeezus' 5th anniversaries.

Yeezus is my favorite Kanye album. There are just certain parts of it that hit my brain better than most albums do.

"And I'm feeling it right now"

I'll never understand the hatred for Pablo. It's structurally shit, but great despite the messiness.

mozfan12

Banned
I'm a firm believer that there is no bad or decent Kanye West album, they are almost certainly classics in my perspective and his discography will age gracefully.

I loved Yeezus from the first listen. After the absolute maximalism of Dark Fantasy, I thought we had reached peak Ye, but Yeezus was a pretty radical move that only few artists can pull off this successfully.

I also loved TLOP, I saw it as his white album. He threw everything on it, skits that are half baked next to stunning songs like Real Friends, it's a fucking mess, but a beautiful one.

I do want his next album to be extremely focused, hopefully it'll be his Abbey Road.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm a firm believer that there is no bad or decent Kanye West album, they are almost certainly classics in my perspective and his discography will age gracefully.

I loved Yeezus from the first listen. After the absolute maximalism of Dark Fantasy, I thought we had reached peak Ye, but Yeezus was a pretty radical move that only few artists can pull off this successfully.

I also loved TLOP, I saw it as his white album. He threw everything on it, skits that are half baked next to stunning songs like Real Friends, it's a fucking mess, but a beautiful one.

I do want his next album to be extremely focused, hopefully it'll be his Abbey Road.
This post brought a tear to my eye.

I still dont really know if Bound 2 is trash or not. I mean I laugh my ass off everytime Kanye says:"I wanna fuck you hard in the sink, after that give you something to drink" so there's that

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
agree... the bare bones aspect of it (which many ppl hate it for) is what allows it to age so well

Goldboy

It's definitely grown on me personally, although I still consider it to be Kanye's second-worst album, right above TLOP.

Top Bottom