• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai confirms Smash trailer at E3 direct!

I was hoping to keep my hype levels nominal today... but then I clicked on this thread. Iwata's bombs will truly kill us all on Tuesday morning.

Oh, come now. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks weren't bad at all, and Toon Link is about to be a heck of a lot more relevant with the release of Wind Waker HD.

I predict that he will return and bring a dual-wielding Toon 'Dorf with him.

We'll have to agree to disagree. As long as he's not wearing a fucking train conductor uniform, I'm fine with him still being in. And Toon 'Dorf would be amazing.

RaptorGTA

dat_ass_furie.jpg

LOL!

Great news for the morning.

Social

I remember buying Smash Bros for the N64. I was pissed when seeing the intro because of the low poly models, especially for Mario... I was used to his Mario 64 model so I could not understand why they changed it back then.

After playing it, I didn't find it fun at all sooo I returned it.

I tried the GC and Wii versions but they are equally boring to me :-(

DonMigs85

He should, after all, a main character for a whole series should be more important than secondary characters for another one. But Nintendo will probably go for the more recognizable ones instead of the new ones.

I suppose so, but Mallo from Pushmo/Crashmo probably stands a better chance

Village

I will save this quote :)

Go nuts,

But think about this.

If snake a character who is a video game Icon and created by one of sakurai's best friends. Who's universe is already weird, had to be begged in, even though he FUCKING SNAKE, he had to begged in , by his best friend.
Why do you think that some chick a game that didn't do well will get in. Snake had to begged in SNAKE. And you think some chick who ( and lets real be here) will be forgotten if capcom ever announces an instuno devil may cry 5, is getting in.

What drugs. I need them

We'll have to agree to disagree. As long as he's not wearing a fucking train conductor uniform, I'm fine with him still being in. And Toon 'Dorf would be amazing.

The train conductor unifrom would be neat as an alternate costume though, so long as they don't use it over the prawn pajamas ;P

Toon 'Dorf needs to be in this though. I don't think Smash has ever had a dual-wielding character before, so he'd bring a unique style of gameplay.

If Samurai Goroh and Waluigi couldn't become playable, Dillon has little chance

Samurai Goroh is a sword-user from a not-terribly popular and already represented series. Waluigi would be Mario character #372.

Considering that Dillon is from his own IP, with a unique set of skills and aesthetic, he'd have a better chance.

I'm not holding out for him, though. The only characters I'm definitely expecting to see are Little Mac and Isaac.

Mallo's skill set is jumping and moving blocks.

DonMigs85

I remember buying Smash Bros for the N64. I was pissed when seeing the intro because of the low poly models, especially for Mario... I was used to his Mario 64 model so I could not understand why they changed it back then.

After playing it, I didn't find it fun at all sooo I returned it.

I tried the GC and Wii versions but they are equally boring to me :-(

If I'm not mistaken, SSB was one of the very few 60FPS N64 games, so they really had to reduce the polygon count.

MYE

Go nuts,

But think about this.

If snake a character who is a video game Icon and created by one of sakurai's best friends. Who's universe is already weird, had to be begged in, even though he FUCKING SNAKE, he had to begged in , by his best friend.
Why do you think that some chick a game that didn't do well will get in. Snake had to begged in SNAKE. And you think some chick who ( and lets be here) will be forgotten if capcom ever announces an instuno devil may cry 5, is getting in.

What drugs. I need them

StarTrek-mindblown.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
EBA/Ouendan would make a sweet assist trophy... Not so much playable characters I don't think.
Agreed. It was nice to see them as trophies in Brawl and I think they could work as assist trophies. Heck, maybe make a stage where the circles appear and are hazards when they "pop" and the drags can be used as platforms.

I think a Pushmo character would be cool in Smash.

Not for the character himself but for the stage/level.
Push/Crashmo stage would be awesome and could act as the platform changing stage.

Also hoping if we get a 2nd version of Link again, he's less of a clone.

You mean the character that despite being a sumo wrestler type figure has never displayed any combat abilities whatsoever?

He'll be an assist trophy that hops on a button and "pushes" out the stage in shaped blocks, knocking the character in front into the screen. The blocks will remain for a few seconds, and you can climb them. Perfect.

Jintor

Nuts to characters. I'm hype as shit about stages.

W101. Elite Beat Agents/Rhythm Heaven/Jam with the Band/Harmoknight crossover. An Animal Crossing stage that isn't as plain as Smashville. Brain Age giant head of Dr Kawashima stage. Denpa Men/Pikmin stage. Pushmo stage. The Last Story/Xenoblade stages. Pilotwings stages. Punch-Out. And you know we're gonna see Swapnote, Mii Plaza/Streetpass Quest, and maybe even eShop stages...! Face Raiders... mah gawd...

Dillon's rolling western stage. Eternal Darkness stage. Fatal Frame stage? Golden Sun-ass stage. Sin and Punishment 2 stage. STAGES. STAGES! PUMP THEM INTO MY VEINS

RPGCrazied

Suggestions for Tales of characters?

Symphonia = Lloyd or Kratos
Abyss = Luke or Guy
Legendia = Senel or Will
Graces F = Asbel or Hubert
Xillia = Alvin or Jude

JazzmanZ

You mean the character that despite being a sumo wrestler type figure has never displayed any combat abilities whatsoever?

He'll be an assist trophy that hops on a button and "pushes" out the stage in shaped blocks, knocking the character in front into the screen. The blocks will remain for a few seconds, and you can climb them. Perfect.
just like captain falcon and R.O.B amirite?

Revven

GUESS THE NAME OF THE GAME. That's for sure what we'll get from this trailer, the name.

Imma guess Kerfluffle. :lol

VahnSSR

Banned
I hope it shows some gameplay and it plays nothing like Brawl. Brawl was just too slow and floaty for me. Sakurai needs to go back to those Melee roots!

Also can we get some Golden Sun characters? Keep Snake in too!

Lunar15

Nuts to characters. I'm hype as shit about stages.

W101. Elite Beat Agents/Rhythm Heaven/Jam with the Band/Harmoknight crossover. An Animal Crossing stage that isn't as plain as Smashville. Brain Age giant head of Dr Kawashima stage. Denpa Men/Pikmin stage. Pushmo stage. The Last Story/Xenoblade stages. Pilotwings stages. Punch-Out. And you know we're gonna see Swapnote, Mii Plaza/Streetpass Quest, and maybe even eShop stages...! Face Raiders... mah gawd...

Dillon's rolling western stage. Eternal Darkness stage. Fatal Frame stage? Golden Sun-ass stage. Sin and Punishment 2 stage. STAGES. STAGES! PUMP THEM INTO MY VEINS

I'm with this guy. Bring on the wacky stages.

Kandinsky

From SE I want Chrono, if not, some Clavat/Selkie/Lilty/Yuke team of sort would be welcomed. Definitely no Sora/Cloud or anything modern/sony SE.

From Capcom, the only choice is Megaman.

From Sega Sonic.

And that's it for third party, please get rid of Snake, that turd should be in PASBR tbh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A Sin & Punishment stage would be godly.
Seriously. Or heck, Saki could go from assist to playable. He's got a sword that can shoot lasers.

& that idea for a Rhythm Heaven/EBA or Ouendan/Harmoknight (Tempo as assist trophy, going around swinging his staff) crossover stage is godly.

Hiltz

Oh shit, it's happening! Nintendo Direct just got awesomer.

I think Sonic will stay in but not Snake. Sakurai fulfilled Hideo's wish to include Snake in a Smash Bros game, so I could see him being removed in the next title. Besides, when has Konami made a worthwhile game for a Nintendo platform recently ? This shit ain't free anymore, give us a good game first as your right of entry!

Go nuts,

But think about this.

Why do you think that some chick a game that didn't do well will get in. Snake had to begged in SNAKE. And you think some chick who ( and lets be here) will be forgotten if capcom ever announces an instuno devil may cry 5, is getting in.

What drugs. I need them
Because!!!!

As game developers, we are incredibly excited to be able to announce a new title to all of our fans; however, we are aware that the announcement may have come as a shock to many of you.

As with Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2 is under development and production here at Platinum Games, and is a true sequel to the acclaimed first game in the series. Bayonetta is one of our most beloved titles, and it played a large part in establishing Platinum Games as an emerging game studio in the minds of users worldwide. Bayonetta has fans the world over, and we would never dream of alienating them from participating in the future of Platinum Games.

That being said, the console games market is in a state of upheaval, so establishing a new game franchise requires a considerable amount of will, determination, and love. Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers, so we have continued to consult with Sega, the previous game’s publisher, on how we can make sure this takes place. Our answer was a new partnership with Nintendo.

Along with their new hardware, Nintendo, as a company, is dedicated to establishing a new future for the games industry, as you can tell by their record of passionate support for gaming. Alongside Nintendo, we hope to grow the Bayonetta brand beyond where it stands today, allowing even more gamers around the world to experience the action of our beloved witch. As developers, we are working hard to make this a reality.

Bayonetta 2 will not be exclusive in vain. Believe what you want but Nintendo is publishing this game and Nintendo is platinum games partner with this franchise. They want the brand to grow and smash is perfect. Your argument is on some petty stuff, Snake had to be begged in cause he aint got shit to do with Nintendo and the way konami is with Nintendo as of right now I wouldnt even care if he wasnt in the next one. (unless that miiverse rumor pulls through :p)

Oh, come now. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks weren't bad at all, and Toon Link is about to be a heck of a lot more relevant with the release of Wind Waker HD.

I predict that he will return and bring a dual-wielding Toon 'Dorf with him.

If Toon Link is gonna return, he's gonna need a complete overhaul on his moveset. He should be using things like the Grappling Hook, Deku Leaf, Whip, etc. that are unique to the games he appears in, instead of just copying regular Link.

shaowebb

GIVE ME CAPTAIN N FOR LEFT FIELD INCLUSION CHARACTER.

We got Game n Watch, and R.O.B...I'd like Captain N as the next nostalgia inclusion please. ;_;

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So what do people think about the chance of Mewtwo returning? What with his new Forme (ohgod i hate the extra e), could he be a credible simultaneous Gen 1/6 representative? Having a transform Down B to switch between the two would be a neat way of incorporating it.

EDIT: Also, after lurking on this forum I was under the impression it took months for accounts to get activated, and mine was done in about two days. :3

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
For Konami, replace Snake with Bomberman
or Shanoa
For Capcom, add Mega Man...EXE
Sonic is fine

Would also like to see what they could do with Medusa.

DonMigs85

That's a clever idea
But then again, ROB never exhibited combat capabilites before Brawl either :p

So what do people think about the chance of Mewtwo returning? What with his new Forme (ohgod i hate the extra e), could he be a credible simultaneous Gen 1/6 representative? Having a transform Down B to switch between the two would be a neat way of incorporating it.

Exactly what I thought tbh. There's also X/Y RUMORS
of a third forme, so make of that what you will.

That's a clever idea
But then again, ROB never exhibited combat capabilites before Brawl either :p

No I'm aware, and as I said Mallo is a sumo (I think?!), so there have been things that made less sense. I would main the fuck out of that cute little guy.

Heyt

Banned
Suggestions for Tales of characters?

Symphonia = Lloyd or Kratos
Abyss = Luke or Guy
Legendia = Senel or Will
Graces F = Asbel or Hubert
Xillia = Alvin or Jude

What about

Hearts = Kohaku

?

Also I would discard Legendia and Xillia characters. Characters have to appear in two games for Nintendo systems before they are considered (I mean third party characters).

Both of those are PlayStation exclusives.

Village

Because!!!!

Bayonetta 2 will not be exclusive in vain. Believe what you want but Nintendo is publishing this game and Nintendo is platinum games partner with this franchise. They want the brand to grow and smash is perfect. Your argument is on some petty stuff, Snake had to be begged in cause he aint got shit to do with Nintendo and the way konami is with Nintendo as of right now I wouldnt even care if he wasnt in the next one. (unless that miiverse rumor pulls through :p)

You remember leon kennedy.

Snake has shit to do with Nintendo, what even....

It isn't pettiness, she isn't that great. Nor is she that important.

Have fun being disappoint.

Top Bottom