• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai confirms Smash trailer at E3 direct!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pac-Man maze as a stage, ghosts as hazards, and power pellets that can be broken for items. Do it, Namco. I want more retro-esque stages after Mario Bros. & 25M.

first leaked footage

Spears.gif

Waaaaaarnedaboutstairs.gif

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
All the more reason to remove Zero Suit Samus.

But they probably will contrive a reason to keep her in because sex.

image.php

EDIT: no but seriously I agree. Zero Suit Samus is a travesty to the character. I just don't get how you can turn something that's essentially just a small reward for fast game completion into an entire character. I mean I guess MZM has that brief ZSS section, but then the whole point of that section was to strip you of all your power at what seemed like the game's apex into to illustrate how fragile you can be and yet still persevere.

i feel like the excitement of going into something without these anounced announcements has ...... not been with me for some time.

takes the fun out of it.

vareon

I like Hades as a stage or a boss rather than a playable character. Imagine fighting his gigantic face. In which Pit activates his final smash, the Great Sacred Treasure.

NeonZ

I'm too lazy to read through all these pages but do we know if both the Wii U version and 3DS version will be shown?

Sakurai has mentioned the Wii U and 3DS versions before as appearing at E3, but every official Nintendo press release has only mentioned the Wii U version for E3.

Negator

What do you think the chances are of alternate costumes this time? Would really break up the monotony of four colors for everyone.

Neiteio

UNACCEPTABLEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Playable character or GTFO
Hades needs to have TONS of dialogue, with the same amazingly smarmy performance as Uprising. In fact, playable Hades should have his own dedicated button for making smarmy comments, which would be context-sensitive, so say if you press the button near Zero Suit Samus, he says something delightfully scandalous, and press it again near Palutena, and he calls out "OH PRETTY PALUTEEEEEEEEENA!"

I feel like Miiverse was created for the sole reason of posting all the cool Smash pics you can take when you pause. It'll be much better than the system used in Brawl.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
UNACCEPTABLEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Playable character or GTFO

Can you imagine what the "Ridley is too big" crowd would do if you put in a character who has only ever been at least 6 storeys tall?

skull kid

What do you think the chances are of alternate costumes this time? Would really break up the monotony of four colors for everyone.
there's supposed to be strong focus on customization, it's possible that it could extend to alternate costumes I guess.

Hades needs to have TONS of dialogue, with the same amazingly smarmy performance as Uprising. In fact, playable Hades should have his own dedicated button for making smarmy comments, which would be context-sensitive, so say if you press the button near Zero Suit Samus, he says something delightfully scandalous, and press it again near Palutena, and he calls out "OH PRETTY PALUTEEEEEEEEENA!"

SAMUS "Yow! She's feisty! Wear gloves with this one, minions!"

LINK "Pitty Pat wears a dress, and you wear green tights? Delightful!"

GANONDORF "What elegance! What grace! What disturbing brutality!"

SONIC "It's like watching a rollerskating chicken!"

Is there any playable boss character from Brawl's story mode?

Change is a good thing.

NeonZ

I hope Wario's classic costume gets the Smash textures this time. It was kind of weird how Classic Wario was the only one without detailed textures in Brawl. Even Waluigi assist trophy had denim overalls, rather than the clean designs.

image.php

EDIT: no but seriously I agree. Zero Suit Samus is a travesty to the character. I just don't get how you can turn something that's essentially just a small reward for fast game completion into an entire character. I mean I guess MZM has that brief ZSS section, but then the whole point of that section was to strip you of all your power at what seemed like the game's apex into to illustrate how fragile you can be and yet still persevere.

Are you suggesting Dahlia is "sexy"? To paraphrase Phoenix Wright: MY DOLLY DOESN'T FUCK!

But yeah, you make the right point. ZSS is pointless out of the context of that Zero Mission stage. Having another character with a moveset swap is not a bad thing, but she's the only one who feels deliberately sexualized, and it's annoying. I don't expect they'll drop Final Smashes, but I'd be fine if they did just to eliminate ZSS.

Ein Bear

I really want alternate costumes instead of just re-colours, it was my only real problem with Brawl.

Agree with people saying they should ditch Zero Suit Samus too. I hate that character design so much.

Top Bottom