• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai confirms Smash trailer at E3 direct!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Some people were fearing that it'd be just pictures due to Iwata saying that we'd see "screens" of Smash at E3 back in January.
Which is silly because it was cleared up later that he was saying it would only be seen in visual form.

If we're lucky we'll get MegaMan. He is such an obvious choice for a "power stealing" character like Kirby. Kirby sucks a character up and gets their base power. MegaMan could acquire the power of whomever he killed last (ie. knock out Cpt Falcon, get Falcon Punch).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck is this shit? Who was annoyed by Zamus? What? She was absolutely fine.

Well, I just explained. There's no need to be quite so read. I was annoyed by Zero Suit Samus because the interpretation didn't feel particularly faithful to the Metroid series. Given a large part of the appeal of Brawl is the ability to play as characters you like, and given some people's preferences will be based in part on the ambiance of the series in which they take part, then surely you can see that some of that appeal is diminished when you feel that a character hasn't been executed properly?

I hate roster discussion more than anything when it comes to Smash. It's so dumb.

Then... what are you doing in a Smash thread? I mean, the vast majority of the appeal comes from the roster. That's kinda like going into McDonalds and complaining you hate chips.

Ein Bear

What the fuck is this shit? Who was annoyed by Zamus? What? She was absolutely fine.

I hate roster discussion more than anything when it comes to Smash. It's so dumb.

I feel that making Samus be a 'hot anime babe' under the suit completely undermines her character. It's not about move sets, or how fun she is to play, I just dislike how they took one of the better examples of a strong, female character in video games and turned her into a hot blonde prancing around in a skintight suit.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I feel that making Samus be a 'hot anime babe' under the suit completely undermines her character. It's not about move sets, or how fun she is to play, I just dislike how they took one of the better examples of a strong, female character in video games and turned her into a hot blonde prancing around in a skintight suit.

This, basically.

I don't see how you could say she's trading it for more speed and agility? Maybe if you've only played the Prime games where she handles like tank, but in all of the 2D Metroid series and in Other M as one of the few things she actually did get right, the Power Suit and its variations give her incredible speed. You can move waaay faster in ZM suited compared to non-suited. Possibly suit-less would give her more agility and stealth, but it's not like you can really integrate stealth mechanics into Brawl, which leaves her with... more agility, which isn't really that useful as a sole selling point, especially when Samus should be pretty damn agile anyway.

It's funny, because Zero Suit Samus was both faster and stronger than regular Samus in Brawl. In fact, regular Samus is the weakest character in Brawl by far.

Dillon is probably my most wanted newcomer. He's from a new IP, and is a cowboy armadillo....he's awesome.

Shulk is a necessary character, and Monado based powers and super would be awesome.

I actually would also love to have Seyrenne from Last Story...just because personality wise is so different from your usual Nintendo character. Rude, Crude, and a drunk. She would be awesome.

Village

So because she looks nice it undermines here character.

Do you think every who looks good is a bad person?

i am sure some people think snake is hot, is he ruined now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Never played any Smash Bro, what so great about it? Multiplayer?

Online multiplayer for Brawl sucked, but if you have the ability to play local, the game is amazing. It's to fighting games what Mario Kart is to racing games, if you catch my drift - accessible to pretty much everyone and fun no matter your level, but a surprising amount of depth if you want to look for it.

Yep. It worked in Zero Mission since it's a small part of the game and making Samus highly vulnerable changes the game drastically. But in Smash, she's not incredibly vulnerable. She's just a hot girl.

Ryce

Ii5gYim.jpg

Yep. It worked in Zero Mission since it's a small part of the game and making Samus highly vulnerable changes the game drastically. But in Smash, she's not incredibly vulnerable. She's just a hot girl.

It's a fighting game. You don't make characters weak on purpose unless they're joke characters or you don't give a flying fuck about proper balance.

We should can the ZSS talk, everyone has a different opinion about it and the argument just tends to go in circles for many pages.

We should instead all talk about how absolutely CW hot Waluigi is. He's so dreamy.

bomblord

Banned

Some women consider "flaunting it" like that be a form of empowerment.

not that I necessarily agree with that (I don't) I'm just playing the devil's advocate.

Ein Bear

So because she looks nice it undermines here character.

Do you think every who looks good is a bad person?

i am sure some people think snake is hot, is he ruined now.

I feel like you're just being deliberately obtuse here. There's an obvious difference between someone 'looking nice', and being pure eye candy. Stick her in a military uniform or something, instead of an outfit perfectly designed to show off her lovingly designed ass.

We should instead all talk about how absolutely CW hot Waluigi is. He's so dreamy.

This we can all agree on, however! WAAAH!!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny, because Zero Suit Samus was both faster and stronger than regular Samus in Brawl. In fact, regular Samus is the weakest character in Brawl by far.

I know, it's really irritating. It's not quite as bad as Melee Mewtwo, which I'm fairly sure was a cruel and unusual joke, but still.

Spinluck

Weakest from a creative standpoint, or in general? Cause I'm sure Ganondorf was worse than her. Ganondorf should be able to switch between hand to hand and sword combat this time around. Enough trolling Sakurai.

Village

We should can the ZSS talk, everyone has a different opinion about it and the argument just tends to go in circles for many pages.

Nah man Jimmy T

SkiCard.png

Jimmy T should replace waluigi in everything

wsippel

Banned
I don't see how you could say she's trading it for more speed and agility? Maybe if you've only played the Prime games where she handles like tank, but in all of the 2D Metroid series and in Other M as one of the few things she actually did get right, the Power Suit and its variations give her incredible speed. You can move waaay faster in ZM suited compared to non-suited. Possibly suit-less would give her more agility and stealth, but it's not like you can really integrate stealth mechanics into Brawl, which leaves her with... more agility, which isn't really that useful as a sole selling point, especially when Samus should be pretty damn agile anyway.
I'm not specifically talking about Smash, I'm talking about Metroid in general.

I feel like you're just being deliberately obtuse here. There's an obvious difference between someone 'looking nice', and being pure eye candy. Stick her in a military uniform or something, instead of an outfit perfectly designed to show off her lovingly designed ass.

I rather like her lovingly designed booty, if you don't mind.

Spinluck

Online multiplayer for Brawl sucked, but if you have the ability to play local, the game is amazing. It's to fighting games what Mario Kart is to racing games, if you catch my drift - accessible to pretty much everyone and fun no matter your level, but a surprising amount of depth if you want to look for it.

Amen. Great game.

Village

Why would you wear a military suit and a giant suit of armor.

Think about what you just said.

20cent

Banned

yeah.. I don't expect 'fighting' games online to be satisfying, I hated SSFII / SFIV online.

I get your point with Mario Kart, then I guess I'll have to find friends interested in games.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, is it Eleven P.M. American time?

Like I'm on the East Coast, Virginia, when will it be for me? I'm at my brother's graduation all day so I HOPE it is 11 p.m. so I can watch it live.

Top Bottom