• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October is stacked for games, what are you buying?

N7.Angel

AC Origins and Mario Odyssey and I'll get Forza in physical with the X in November, it'll be way cheaper than buying it this month.

Mithos

Not a single one... Of those listed in OP. I MIGHT buy some older game/s that have dropped down in price since release.

sublimit

Banned
There are so many games i want to buy in October but at least on day 1 i'm only buying Dragon's Dogma.I'll get the rest that i want later.

My budget will be tight for the next few months and i have a ridiculous backlog to choose games from.

Lucreto

Mordor,
Assassins Creed Origins
Age of Empires

I might get Mario if the achievement system for Switch is true

November I have nothing and the next one will be Okami HD in December.

Egida

Neo Member
Mario Odyssey is a sure thing.

It's a shame Gran Turismo is not for me anymore because it would be the perfect game to play alongside Mario.

I probably won't buy any of these during October, but I want to get The Evil Within 2, Battle Chasers (if it's any good) and A Hat in Time. Maybe South Park too, but I didn't find The Stick of Truth all that amusing tbh.

BTA

Culdcept, Layton (which... I just want a copy of; I won't play it for a while), Chaos;Child (which will probably not get played till November?). Hidden Agenda, and Mario.

Daouzin

Man, this year has been killer. Likely only picking up:
Mario Odyssey
Nights of Azure 2
Wolfenstein 2

Maybe Fire Emblem Heroes.

Staf

Hmm, might get AC:Origins. What i've seen so far haven't impressed me though. The protagonist, from the little i've seen, gives me a Connor-wibe which is not good. But if it reviews well i may pick it up.

Evil Within 2 & Wolfenstein. Maybe South Park as well, depends on if I have the time to play it.

Definitely getting Super Mario Odyssey but leaving that until end of the year when I will probably be getting a Switch.

Mash83

Shadow of war
South park - playing stick of truth first, already moved on to next gen when this came out originally.
AC Origins
Mario
Wolfenstein 2

Neifirst

Fire Emblem Warriors & Super Mario Odyssey. Probably won't get around to Fire Emblem much until next year, but I'm getting the collector's edition at launch regardless.

gdt

Already bought Evil Within 2, wolf 2, Shadow of War

Definitely getting Destiny 2 and Mario. South Park too. A couple of those indie games as well.

owasog

I'm kind of interested in Wolfenstein 2, Evil Within 2, AC:Origins and ELEX.

But since I haven't played Wolfenstein 1, Evil Within 1 and AC:Syndicate yet, there's really no point in buying them full price. I may buy ELEX, it looks cool enough, but with my bulging backlog the reviews need to be very, very good before I decide to buy it day one.

Nothing until Battlefront 2 for me, and I've got an insane amount of amazing games to start. Didn't realise Mario was next month though! That's come round quick.

Surfside

Banned
I'm interested in buying;
AC: Origins - i really like the changes to the combat
Mario Odyssey - most interested in a Mario game i have been since 64. It looks crazy good.
Battle Chasers: Nightwar - like the art in this one, lets see how it turns out
The Evil Within 2 - played the first thought it was an okay game. Non the less i'm still interested in this one.
Still have to buy Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle and
Rayman Legends.
Also there is a sale right now with Pyre and Final Fantasy 15, in EU anyway.
Have not yet decided which of these i buy since i can't afford them all. Decisions, decisions...

StereoVsn

Actually this month is pretty light for me. Just picking up Mario and maybe Destiny 2 if my friends decide to go for it.

I will grab Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey 5 later on I am sure.

Edit: Forgot about AC Origins but I will get that during BF sales if it turns out to be good.

Zalman

Super Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors. Maybe Assassin's Creed later if impressions are good. Normally I don't care for that series, but I've been wanting Egypt for years.

Mario Odyssey, Southpark, Evil Within 2 & Wolfenstein II for me. Only reason I'm able to get 4 fiscally is with my birthday being next month lol.

Probably the most new release aaa games I've purchased in a single month before.

Odyssey!! Also thinking about grabbing the Taiko no Tatsujin ps4 game that's coming out in Japan + controller. I'm in serious need of a rhythm fix.

But man, I've got SO many games to catch up on still, I shouldn't even been thinking about the new stuff in October. Could last through all of next year just on 2017 releases I still wanna play

Tevren

As far as Day 1 goes, likely just Odyssey. Too much still in the backlog, and the other games I'm interested in from October will take price hits soon enough.

SScorpio

Not a single one... Of those listed in OP. I MIGHT buy some older game/s that have dropped down in price since release.

Even then it's probably not worth it. Just wait a month and most games will be cheaper on Black Friday. I routinely get the big new releases for the year for $20-30 then. Even when the games haven't been out for a month.

Top Bottom