• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October is stacked for games, what are you buying?

Zousi

Checks the list and finds Wolfenstein II and Middle-earth: SoW. Reviews being favourable being the final decider. Haven't really bought that many games this year.

Wolfenstein and Chaos;Child already pre ordered. I think I'll leave it at this because I have like 7 games waiting for me the next time I visit my parent's house (I can't receive package at my current address :x)

occelinho

Nothing I think, at least not in the same month.
I will eventually get TEW 2 and maybe Wolfenstein 2 when it's cheaper.

2017 has been a great year so far, but the October releases just aren't for me this time.
Dragon's Dogma would've been a must have for me, but I already played it on PS3 and PC.

AerialAir

Banned
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, The Evil Within 2, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth

Rosur2a

Destiny 2 PC and Mario Odyssey maybe AC depending on how it turns out but probably waiting for it to drop to £20 ish as will have far to much else to play with destiny + mario and SNES mini games.

Also would quite like South Park but gonna be waiting for that to get cheaper.

Forza 7 or GT Sport
Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga
Super Mario Odyssey

Would love to buy Southpark and Wolfenstein too, but I'll wait for Black Friday because I'll never be able to play them all.

Holy crap. I gotta play the first wolfenstein. Didn’t realize that either odyssey or wolfenstein II come out next month. Gotta pry myself away from destiny.

Mario+Luigi superstar saga,Mario Odyssey and FE Warriors.I think I'm just going Nintendo games only until next year,too many games to buy right now.Probably buy TEW2 and ACO next year though

Elven_Star

Nothing for me this month, but no problem, because my Divinity: Original Sin 2 playthrough is going to take a long long time, after which I'll go back to finish Tyranny (+ DLCs).

Lusankya

Mario Odyssey
Chaos;Child

Already played Layton's Mystery Journey when it was released on iOS.

I just played AC: Syndicate and Shadow of Mordor, so I am in no mood to play the sequels who will be more of the same anyways.
Maybe I'll get the new Neptunia game sometime later, but not now.

Unfortunately, nothing day 1. I got a hell of backlog yet I keep booting civ 6...

I will be adding many of them into my hacklog in the future though, that's for sure.

The Evil Within 2
Super Mario Odyssey

Those are the ones I'll be getting in October, but I'll definitely be getting Wolfenstein later in the year, and I want to check out A Hat in Time and Shadow of War as well.

If I was American: Etrian Odyssey V.

But probably just Super Mario Odyssey. Chaos;Child got announced for October way too late so I'll pick that up when it hits like £10 in a few months
poor Steins;Gate 0
. Also will get Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 if I can find a ridiculously cheap deal on it like I did with the PS3 version before launch.

jacobs34

Right now it's just Wolfenstein for me, which is more than fine considering the backlog I have to plow through: Uncharted:LL, Prey, Dishonored DLC, Xcom 2 +DLC.

Right now I'm trying to finish Shadow of Mordor, but the game just feels a little aimless. I love the ideas and systems they mess around with, but I'm not sure it comes together in a way I find enjoyable. I'll be interested to see how the reviews for Shadow of War are.

SxP

Nothing. Unless Bethesda changes their review policy, then I might buy Wolfenstein II on release. But I doubt they'll change their policy, so I'll pick it up when it's cheaper.

Javier23

Banned
Won't get them right away for money reasons but I'm most interested in TEW 2 and Wolfenstein 2 if they turn out good. And I'm very curious about A Hat in Time, so I'll probably get that eventually too.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Forza 7
Wolfenstein II

..maybe Mario Odessey if I get the Switch bundle, or maybe that comes out later?

Anywho November will be the much more exciting month for me though as I will get to play these on the One X.

test_account

XP-39C²
Damn, i didnt know that Wolfenstein 2 was releasing soon. I thought it was a 2018 title since thats when the Switch gets it. I will most likely get it at day 1 for PS4. If not day 1, then shortly after that.

I want to get Dragon's Dogma, Raiden V and Gran Turismo Sports, but i will have to wait and see.

Mario Odyssey. Everything else can wait for sales, and I say that as someone that absolutely adored The New Order, but we all know it won't take long for a drop in price. Nintendo games are about the only ones I'll buy new just because they hold their price for years sometimes.

Yup. SMO is the only new release game I'm buying in October for basically the same reason: There's really no point in waiting for price drops on first party Nintendo games. Pre-ordered it way back when Best Buy was running one of those Visa promos...ended up getting it for like $36. Not too shabby. All the rest on the list can wait until they they hit $20-$25 or less. Won't bother with Destiny 2 until there's a Legendary or Collection w/ major DLC included for like $40 in a year or two. The backlog is way too big on multiple systems to ever bother buying games at release.

KLoWn

Super Mario Odyssey for sure, and maybe something else along the way, but I think I'll just work on my backlog until Mario arrives.

Izuna

Banned
Wolfenstein and a bit of Forza for me. But I gotta finish Nioh before Halloween also.

Then it's just Nier for the rest of the year and a couple of VR 1 hour games.

And I think I won't have enough time haha.

Technoxtic

Neo Member
Mario Odyssey and Destiny 2 for sure.

Considering Wolfenstein II as I loved the first but might wait for November to pick it up or even until the Switch version? (Probs not as I don't wanna wait that long).

Luminaire

October is gonna be expensive.
I'll be grabbing Fire Emblem Warriors, The Evil Within 2, and Super Mario Odyssey. I think there was one or two others but I'll have to double check the list. I may wait a little on those.

South Park, Mario Odyssey, and Destiny 2 PC (already playing PS4 so double dip) on pre order. May or may not cancel D2 PC, not really sure I'll enjoy it a second time.

I also got Wolfenstein 2 on PC from ebay, the AMD rewards program gives you Prey/Wolf 2 keys and I bought it on eBay for $30, digital delivery. Can't really beat that price for TWO great games.

Interestingly enough I cancelled a bunch of other pre orders because of the Xbox One X. Since I don't pick it up till mid Nov, why should I play AC Origins on PS4 Pro when I can wait a month or two and play it in full 4k at better visuals/textures? And by then it may be on a deeper sale too. Same thing with Mordor 2 and Forza 7. I think the X release dates kinda messed up publisher dates this holiday season, the X shoulda come out in mid Sept.

Top Bottom