• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October is stacked for games, what are you buying?

conman

Doesn't look that packed to me. Only a couple stand-out titles. And only one (Gran Turismo) that I'm personally interested in (though if I had a Switch, I'd be all over Odyssey).

CHC

I've already bought Wolfenstein. I'm interested in Assassin's Creed Origins but I doubt I'll pick it up in October - something I can see myself playing in the winter or the spring once it's a bit cheaper, contingent on reviews of course.

Mario for sure. Probably battlechasers too. Is that day and date with the switch version?
AC Origins is trickier. With the $10 reward zone, it comes down to $38. While it could be cheaper on BF it wouldn't be by much. But coming out the same day as Odyssey makes me hesitant. Will probably pass and wait for BF or later.
Interested in Suoerstar saga too, but we'll see.
Battlechasers is not day and date on Switch, no release date for Switch version yet.

I would love to pick up Super Mario Odyssey, Assassins Creed Origins, and Wolfenstein II.

But I have almost no time to game at the moment with 50+ hour work weeks...thus Super Mario Odyssey is my only day 1 for the month.

dralla

Just Mario for me. I'll get Wolfenstien at some point though, Bethesda games seem to drop in price quickly so I'll wait, probably black friday.

J3ffro

I think it's just Destiny 2 for me. I've already pre-ordered it, so I'm in that camp. If I had a Switch, I'd probably be picking up Mario too. I really want South Park and Assassin's Creed as well as Forza (which I don't recall seeing in the OP, but I'm really tired so maybe I just missed it), and I'm sure I'll get all three at some point. I'm already up to my elbows in games, and once D2 launches, that's gonna be it for me for a while, so buying something a week before, or a few days after, is just silly.

Legendary month though. One for the ages.

RossoneR

Banned
GTS, and next month Battlefront.
Maybe TEW2 down the road when its cheaper, first one was trash. Oh and its bethesda, so it ll come down in price for holidays.

Also keeping eye on Elex to see how it turns out.

GTS, and next month Battlefront.
Maybe TEW2 down the road when its cheaper, first one was trash. Oh and its bethesda, so it ll come down in price for holidays.

Also keeping eye on Elex to see how it turns out.

I remember the first TEW dropped to like $20 around November 15, lol.

Gbraga

I'm a backer for A Hat in Time, if that counts, but other than that I'm not buying anything. At least not day one, I'll certainly get The Evil Within 2 down the line.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
No way I can afford them all, but:

Major wants:

Wolfenstein II
South Park
Destiny 2

Minor wants:

Evil Within 2
Shadow of War
Assassin's Creed

I can't remember the last time any month had 6 games I was interested in.

Caffeine

currently evil within 2 might also get something else but i'm not sure yet. october is a pretty busy school month too.

Fliesen

Shadow of War and "everything that releases on Oct 27th" - though i might leave out Assassin's Creed and have my brother gift it to me for christmas. Ubisoft Open World games are great for during the holidays.

ngff02

GT_Sport_cover_art.jpg

TB12

Banned
Day one:
- Grand turismo sport
- Mario Odyssey

maybe next year, for cheap cheap
- Evil within 2
- Shadow of war 2

ArjanN

Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein II
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
Battlechasers

Maybe some smaller stuff that pops on on Steam / gets good word of mouth.

September was actually more stacked for me, but October has a couple of big releases in Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein II at least.

selo

I don't think its packed with many good options. At least for me,the only must buy is Mario and south park.

wrongway

Just Destiny PC right now for me in terms of purchases. Looking forward to the Battlefront beta though. I hope it's good, I'm ready for more Star Wars. :x

Holdfing

Maybe Wolfie 2. 25% chance kind of maybe.
Or Evil Within 2. But not both.

This year started strong for me, but I'm not really interested in anything until next year (Monster Hunter).

Djostikk

I'm looking forward for The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. I also envy all people who will play Super Mario: Odyssey, game is gonna be damn good.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Super Mario Odyssey

i guess October shows just how much bad taste NeoGaf has lmfao. wolfenstein. evil within. GTS. Asscreed.

are you implying that people who say Mario have bad taste? if yes you're out of your goddamn mind. The game looks absolutely fantastic.

Packy

Super Mario Odyssey and Assassin's Creed: Origins for sure.

Solid maybe on Battle Chasers: Nightwar, if the reviews are decent.

ELEX eventually, if only because I love a bit of Eurojank.

LordofPwn

Battle chasers: Night War (Most likely on the switch)
Gran Turismo: Sport (maybe)
South Park: TFBW
Wolfenstein II
Mario Odyssey

Good thing my car will be fully paid off this week...

Top Bottom