• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October is stacked for games, what are you buying?

Super Mario Odyssey hands down. I'd love to grab Superstar Saga, The Fractured Butt Whole, Assassin's Creed and Gran Turismo Sport, but some of that will just have to wait. October will be an insane month for games tho.

Shredderi

TEW2
Wolfenstein:The New Colossus
Destiny 2

Most excited for the two former. Destiny 2 will be kind of a filler game that is solid but propably doesn't have "soul/heart" in the way Wolfenstein has but will be mindless fun with couple of my friends. Would never buy it if I didn't have friends lined up to play with.

LaNaranja

Fire Emblem Warriors and Super Mario Odyssey for sure. Maybe Caveman Warriors and Super Beat Sports if they come out early enough in October. I still have Rayman and Pokken keeping me busy, plus I haven't even started the campaign in Splatoon 2 yet.

Just browsing this thread... Fire Emblem Warriors doesn't seem to be getting much hype.

I probably would have picked it up if it came out when Switch had nothing to play but Zelda but now? No chance.

TB14

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
The Evil Within 2
Destiny 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Novocaine

I definitely want:

Forza
Middle Earth
Ass Creed
Dragons Dogma
South Park
Wolfenstein
Mario

But I might just get Dragons Dogma and wait on the rest for sales. Also I don’t have a Switch yet so Mario is out for a while. Honestly depends on how occupied Destiny keeps me.

Super mario and Asscreed for sure. Also thinking Dragons Dogma, because I've always wanted to play it.

Speaking of buying a lot of games, when does target do their buy two get one free deal? October, or November?

Logash

Only Assassin's Creed Origins and Super Mario Odyssey in October but some of the games like South Park I will get later on when they are cheaper. No point in getting them now if I don't have time to play them.

Just Mario Oddessy. I was on the fence about FE warriors because I did think they would have Tellius and the GBA games as dlc, but that's crossed off for the moment now.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Probably Mario, maybe Bubsy. I will get Wolfenstien II, loved the last one, but my backlog for PS4 is huge---also want to see what the Black Friday deals are like.

ilikeme

Wolfenstein II is already pre-ordered! :D

I totally would buy Mario Odyssey, but I haven't got a Switch and so far Odyssey is the only game I want on the console :/

Jeels

I'm considering south park but I'm hoping it's heavily discounted by black Friday. Mario Odyssey won't be and it sounds weird to say it but I might skip it.

yella

Gran Turismo Sport
Dragon's Dogma

Outside of Battlefront next month, these are probably the last major games I will be buying this year (unless there are some great sales in November and December) before Monster Hunter World next year...

Fake Edit: Forgot about MvC: Infinite... definitely buying that game when I get the funds.

KiraXD

All you skipping Battle Chasers Nightwar... youre missing out! The only one im 100% getting, since ive already backed it.

zgQDRyr.gif

ZBQHY4C.gif

EDarkness

All you skipping Battle Chasers Nightwar... youre missing out! The only one im 100% getting, since ive already backed it.

zgQDRyr.gif

ZBQHY4C.gif

I want to get this game, but I want it on the NS and who knows when that version is coming out. They really picked a bad month to bring this out.

As of right now, I'm getting Fire Emblem Warriors and Nights of Azure 2. I might get Mario, but that depends on if the wife wants to play it or not. I guess we'll see about that.

Kurumi

zgQDRyr.gif

ZBQHY4C.gif

I literally just started looking up footage and stuff for it earlier today after seeing it on people's lists and decided to buy it as well lol. It's looking good.

Fiendcode

Nintendo 3DS
Culdcept Revolt
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaire's Conspiracy
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

Nintendo Switch
ACA Neo Geo Metal Slug X
ACA Neo Geo Mutation Nation
ACA Neo Geo Robo Army
Fire Emblem Warriors
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Stardew Valley (hopefully!)
Super Mario Odyssey
Tiny Barbarian DX
Völgarr the Viking
Yono and the Celestial Elephants

Lady Gaia

Just browsing this thread... Fire Emblem Warriors doesn't seem to be getting much hype.

I’m anxiously awaiting Fire Emblem for the Switch, but this is a really poor substitute. I can’t imagine I’d get much out of it so I’ll just wait. Mario + Rabbids gave me a taste of what I want and I can be patient.

Wolf, Odyssey, Shadow of War. I don't know why I'm buying Shadow of War. I kinda regret this choice already, but the money's already spent.

D-Man

Layton's Mystery Journey
Mario & Luigi
Chaos;Child
Fire Emblem Warriors
Super Mario Odyssey

So much to play it's nuts!

jryeje29

Destiny 2 assassin's Creed origins and maybe south park, there's a few more I want like evil within and Wolfenstein but I can hold out on those.

Ventara

Next week is amazing for 3DS, and the 27th is gonna be crazy with 3 AAA games. Most excited for Super Mario Odyssey (nothing comes close).

Getting:

Culdecept
Layton's Mystery Journey
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
Super Mario Odyssey

Maybes:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (would get for sure if I didn't have it on PS3 already)
Chaos;Child
The Evil Within 2
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
Fire Emblem Warriors
Assassin's Creed Origins
Wolfenstein 2

Top Bottom