• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

marmoka

Banned
So here's how I would distribute the seasons in the One Piece TV series:

- Season 1, Romance Dawn: Villa Fuksia, Orange Town, Syrup Island, Arlong Park, Logue Town,...
- Season 2, Baroque Works: Laboon, Whisky Peak, Little Garden, Drum, Alabasta
- Season 3, Islands in the Sky: Jaya, Skypeia
- Season 4, Trains in the Sea: Long Ring Island, Water 7, Ennies Lobby
- Season 5, Florian Triangle: Thriller Bark
- Season 6, Paramount War: Sabaody, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marineford, Gray Terminal
- Season 7, Reunion: Sabaody, Fishman Island
- Season 8, New World Underworld: Punk Hazard, Dressrosa
- Season 9, Wonderlands: Zou, Tottoland, Whole Cake
- Season 10, (still early to give names): Reverie, Wano

- Season 1, Romance Dawn: Villa Fuksia, Orange Town, Syrup Island, Arlong Park, Logue Town,...
- Season 6, Paramount War: Sabaody, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marineford, Gray Terminal

I personally think Season 1 should end with Arlong Park. Make time for more character moments.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I see you Big Mom pretending to be Goku.

Also oh man kinda wondering what will happen with Bart now that they confirmed he's in Shanks territory. I doubt Shanks himself would appear right? Could be someone lower on the tier who doesn't know or care about Luffy or know the connection.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Also oh man kinda wondering what will happen with Bart now that they confirmed he's in Shanks territory. I doubt Shanks himself would appear right? Could be someone lower on the tier who doesn't know or care about Luffy or know the connection.

Its time to hype some of the Red Pirate underlings....

dan2026

To be honest the only way I can see them getting out of this is with someone sacrificing themselves to hold of Big Mom.

And it's probably going to have to be Jimbe. Maybe with asssitance from Pedro.

Ray Down

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo2wG43AHxI

20th anniversary commercial.

DFQe_iXUwAAjNoU.jpg:large

Ogodei

20 years since 1997 we had:

-Democracy in Indonesia (1998)
-Kosovo War (1999)
-Vladimir Putin elected president (2000)
-9/11 (2001)
-The Euro's introduction (2002)
-Gulf War II (2003)
-Darfur Genocide (2004)
-Israeli extraction from Gaza (2005)
-Israel/Hezbollah war (2006)
-Bear Sterns goes bankrupt (2007)
-Russia-Georgia Summer War (2008)
-The Great Recession (08/09)
-Greek bankruptcy (2010)
-Arab Spring (2011)
-Syrian Civil War (2012)
-Arab Winter (2013)
-Annexation of Crimea (2014)
-Paris attacks (2015)
-Brexit (2016)

Along with so much changing in technology and pop culture. One Piece premiered in the year of Crash 2, Goldeneye 007, Starfox 64, Mario Kart 64, Sonic R, and Final Fantasy VII.

Ray Down

Banned
Yeah 20th anniversary will increase some sales, doubt the series could ever reach the sales growth with the WAR and timeskip.

Plus Pudding on the cover :p

Yeah 20th anniversary will increase some sales, doubt the series could ever reach the sales growth with the WAR and timeskip.

Plus Pudding on the cover :p

One Piece's current (reported) sales numbers are around pre-Marineford numbers, maybe like 8% lower.

Which is still damn impressive considering that the manga industry is facing the same "printpocalypse" that the West encountered as customers shift to digital (we don't have digital sales numbers).

LotusHD

Banned
20 years since 1997 we had:

-Democracy in Indonesia (1998)
-Kosovo War (1999)
-Vladimir Putin elected president (2000)
-9/11 (2001)
-The Euro's introduction (2002)
-Gulf War II (2003)
-Darfur Genocide (2004)
-Israeli extraction from Gaza (2005)
-Israel/Hezbollah war (2006)
-Bear Sterns goes bankrupt (2007)
-Russia-Georgia Summer War (2008)
-The Great Recession (08/09)
-Greek bankruptcy (2010)
-Arab Spring (2011)
-Syrian Civil War (2012)
-Arab Winter (2013)
-Annexation of Crimea (2014)
-Paris attacks (2015)
-Brexit (2016)

Along with so much changing in technology and pop culture. One Piece premiered in the year of Crash 2, Goldeneye 007, Starfox 64, Mario Kart 64, Sonic R, and Final Fantasy VII.

And the first black president!

Ray Down

Banned
While One Piece celebrates its 20th anniversary, Fairy Tail ends its terrible run without any sort of commitment coming out like a wet fart that makes the ending of Bleach look passable.

While One Piece celebrates its 20th anniversary, Fairy Tail ends its terrible run without any sort of commitment coming out like a wet fart that makes the ending of Bleach look passable.

And nothing of value will be lost and Veelk will be able to sleep soundly knowing that the abomination of graphic literature known as Fairy Tail will exist no more.

One Pieces ending will be a holiday in Japan. What is it about OP that makes it stand above all others? At it's core One Piece is shounen.

Ray Down

Banned
And nothing of value will be lost and Veelk will be able to sleep soundly knowing that the abomination of graphic literature known as Fairy Tail will exist no more.

Velk will sleep well for once, than Pudding will eventually ruin it.

One Pieces ending will be a holiday in Japan. What is it about OP that makes it stand above all others? At it's core One Piece is shounen.

One Piece will actually even get the front cover of Jump when it ends.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Honestly, given how expensive this series will be to make I expect shorter seasons if it really gets made. Think Game of Thrones length, 10 episodes or so. It'd also lead to a bunch of really killer season ending cliffhangers.

Imagine season one ending on Nami betraying the crew while Luffy finishes his fight off. Or a Jaya season ending on them all being blown into the sky with first time watchers having no clue what comes next.

This is something that could easily work, if the right people were behind it and were willing to spend the money needed.

Honestly, given how expensive this series will be to make I expect shorter seasons if it really gets made. Think Game of Thrones length, 10 episodes or so. It'd also lead to a bunch of really killer season ending cliffhangers.

Imagine season one ending on Nami betraying the crew while Luffy finishes his fight off. Or a Jaya season ending on them all being blown into the sky with first time watchers having no clue what comes next.

This is something that could easily work, if the right people were behind it and were willing to spend the money needed.

Yeah, this can't be done as a 22 episode a year network drama. It would have to be 12 episode or so seasons on a cable network with a big budget.

Ending Season 1 with Nami's betrayal would make for a really killer first season cliffhanger. Season 2 could probably end with the Whiskey Peak story and the crew finding themselves up against Baroque Works.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, this can't be done as a 22 episode a year network drama. It would have to be 12 episode or so seasons on a cable network with a big budget.

Ending Season 1 with Nami's betrayal would make for a really killer first season cliffhanger. Season 2 could probably end with the Whiskey Peak story and the crew finding themselves up against Baroque Works.

I was thinking more going up Reverse Mountain for the season two cliffhanger. That scene where they all put a foot on the barrel as it looks like everything's going to hell. That way you can open season three with Laboon and end with Drum Kingdom.

Mr #3 and the Okama stuff is going to need a rewrite though, otherwise it's going to cause quite a few issues.

LotusHD

Banned
I was thinking more going up Reverse Mountain for the season two cliffhanger. That scene where they all put a foot on the barrel as it looks like everything's going to hell. That way you can open season three with Laboon and end with Drum Kingdom.

Mr #3 and the Okama stuff is going to need a rewrite though, otherwise it's going to cause quite a few issues.

What's wrong with Mr. 3

Ray Down

Banned
Japanese TV show called "Jump Police" (JumPoli"ジャンポリ") celebrated 20th anniversary of ONE PIECE 2 hours ago.
They asked 100 audience about 2 questions.

- Who is your favorite character in ONE PIECE?
1st Sanji (28 votes)
2nd Luffy (21 votes)
3rd Chopper (12 votes)

- What is the most impressive scene in ONE PIECE?
1st Ace got killed by Akainu. (34 votes)
2nd Luffy inviting Chopper to Straw Hats (24 votes)
3rd Straw Hats saying goodbye to Going Merry (20 votes)

QrLRq4Q.jpg

Cover page of ONE PIECE Magazine volume 3 got revealed by editor Hattori, more info later.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's surreal thinking Luffy's actually made it all the way to the big leagues.

I actually really want Luffy to fight Shanks eventually. Shit would be hype as hell.

Straw Hats vs Red Haired Pirates in a Davy Back Contest. You know it's happening

Top Bottom