• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Robin adores Chopper but it probably isn't sexual.

Nami loves Bellemere, Nojiko, Money, and Tangerines. In that order.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just saw RogersBase tweet they animated Urogue vs. Cracker?

Maybe he means the other sweet commander I forget the name of.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just saw RogersBase tweet they animated Urogue vs. Cracker?

Maybe he means the other sweet commander I forget the name of.

They did.
They showed Snack falling over (in shadow as we don't know his appearance)
Then they showed Cracker beating the crap out of Urouge.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There is no break for next chapter so spoilers should still be around. The break comes for issue 36/37 and the last chapter was issue 34.

Uhh no.
The break is Issue 35
The next chapter is 36/37
Then there's no Jump because double issue.

Uhh no.
The break is Issue 35
The next chapter is 36/37
Then there's no Jump because double issue.

God damnit. So we're going to get a break, get a chapter, and then get another break due to the double issue. The break isn't due to the double issue this time, but it's just a normal break. I see.

I also made a mistake in thinking the double issue break comes before it's released. However, Jump is released on the 7th for its double issue.

Tragic ain't it

We've had it good for a while I guess. 4 chapters in a row without a break?

BTW, Did you guys already hear about OP partnering up with Kyoto for some Wano event? That's happening in October so maybe it's a hint on when Wano is coming apart from the 2017 comment. Or maybe it's not.

Red Fire

Metal B

Why would the marines be at Wano?
I could see, that Wano will be heavily inspired by Japan's era before the Meiji period, since it is very isolated from other parts of the world and the few characters, we know from there, look like from there Feudal era. So the marines and the world government could play the part of the British, which similar to world history, try to open up the land for trade and diplomatic connections.

The question would be, which part Kaido plays. Since he and the world government clearly aren't going to be the good guys, i could see Kaido trying to keep Wano isolated and under his control. While the world government trying to also get control over the region (maybe the CP0 is heavily involved). The public and the old daimyo are caught on the middle and suffering under the events.

I guess, Luffy will help them and Wano will open up for a political change and to get more into connect with other nations, similar how the Meiji period modernized Japan in real life.

I could see, that Wano will be heavily inspired by Japan's era before the Meiji period, since it is very isolated from other parts of the world and the few characters, we know from there, look like from there Feudal era. So the marines and the world government could play the part of the British, which similar to world history, try to open up the land for trade and diplomatic connections.

The question would be, which part Kaido plays. Since he and the world government clearly aren't going to be the good guys, i could see Kaido trying to keep Wano isolated and under his control. While the world government trying to also get control over the region (maybe the CP0 is heavily involved). The public and the old daimyo are caught on the middle and suffering under the events.

I guess, Luffy will help them and Wano will open up for a political change and to get more into connect with other nations, similar how the Meiji period modernized Japan in real life.

The current Shogun wants Wano isolated which is one of the reasons he allied with Kaido. Momonosuke is trying to follow his father's footsteps in opening it up to the world.

It's true that we haven't seen the 3rd admiral yet and Wano would be the best place for him to appear unless Oda is saving him for the final war like he saved Akainu for Marineford. Still if the Marines show up, I can only imagine a free for all situation where the Strawhat alliance, Beast Pirates and Shogun's allies, and Marines all fight for control.

Of course Oda could just dupe us and have another Yonko show up to throw everything off.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Do the marines go to the reviere? I imagine somebody has to be keeping guard all those important ppl. Maybe green bull gets introduced there

I'd assume so. Behind the celestial dragons these are the most important people in the world right?

The best of the best marines should be there just in case.

Do the marines go to the reviere? I imagine somebody has to be keeping guard all those important ppl. Maybe green bull gets introduced there

Big Mom's flashback had Carmel stating that Big Mom would have the potential to become an admiral or a member of CP0 as "the strongest shield for the Celestial Dragons" or something. I think the government / Celestial Dragons have multiple fighters on the same level as the admirals in store that we haven't seen since they're kept in Mariejois. We might get more hints about them at Reverie.

Euphony

Banned
If there's a Marine presence on Wano, I could see Drake having something to do with it

Drake isn't part of the Marines right? He has his own pirate crew, so why would he have something to do with the Marines possibly being at Wano? Drake is part of the Kaido pirates so I can see him showing up though.

Drake isn't part of the Marines right? He has his own pirate crew, so why would he have something to do with the Marines possibly being at Wano? Drake is part of the Kaido pirates so I can see him showing up though.

He's an ex-marine and if we know thing about the Worst Gen, it's that they're crafty bastards. Who knows what game Red Flag is playing.

I don't think the Marines will show up in Wano though. Possibly CP0, since they seem to be everywhere.

Euphony

Banned
He's an ex-marine and if we know thing about the Worst Gen, it's that they're crafty bastards. Who knows what game Red Flag is playing.

I don't think the Marines will show up in Wano though. Possibly CP0, since they seem to be everywhere.

Oh right I forgot about that. I kinda feel the same as Ray Down. There's a lot of things already going to happen at Wano, I'm not sure if the Marines need to be added on top of everything. CP0 is definitely a possibility though. Oda has been teasing them since Dressrosa.

Meh marines/world government have been involved in 3/4 major arcs of the new world(zou while important is pretty short and it doesn't fit my narrative lol) punk hazard,dressrosa and now stussy sniffing around whole Cake and the reviere they'll be there give em a rest all out pirate war on wano

Ray Down

Banned
Straw Hats, their Fleet will return this arc, Law and the Heart pirates, Minks, Macro and what remains of the Whitebeard Pirates, Samurai working for Momo, Kid, Basil and Appo, and most of all Kaido and his crew (the new shogan and such).

Hell the only "marine" that could show up woud be Weevil.

If Luffy and crew escape Big Mom to fight her another day, I'm curious what the mood will be like since they just got their asses kicked and they're on their way to a different Emperor.

If Luffy and crew escape Big Mom to fight her another day, I'm curious what the mood will be like since they just got their asses kicked and they're on their way to a different Emperor.
Obviously one of the allies will have a fruit where the crew can train in a quick amount of time read more shonen duh!! Xp

Ray Down

Banned

I have to wonder that about myself.

Though maybe Jinbei offically joining will off set the mood.

Maybe they'll realize they might need a damn plan on how to handle big mom. And maybe once again, Brook might get his time to shine as the soul king.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Straw Hats, their Fleet will return this arc, Law and the Heart pirates, Minks, Macro and what remains of the Whitebeard Pirates, Samurai working for Momo, Kid, Basil and Appo, and most of all Kaido and his crew (the new shogan and such).

Hell the only "marine" that could show up woud be Weevil.
It's time for the chief of the warlords to show up, Buggy the Clown.

Euphony

Banned
Obviously one of the allies will have a fruit where the crew can train in a quick amount of time read more shonen duh!! Xp

You joke but, if I remember correctly, there's a fan theory about someone on Shank's crew having a time manipulation fruit because of how fast he gets around.

You joke but, if I remember correctly, there's a fan theory about someone on Shank's crew having a time manipulation fruit because of how fast he gets around.
Shanks not helping his enemy. Joke aside luffy not accepting it from someone he wants to defeat has to be an ally or something

Damn like how do they go back to their crew after this lol. Hey guys we got sanji back and jinbe and carrot joined..O btw we almost got killed not only by big moms crew but couldn't do anything to big mom herself

Top Bottom