• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 |OT| Neville May Walk Out, But Yuke's Are Still Here For You

I'm currently just getting DQ'd on all my matches to advance to Money in the Bank when my MITB contract should should expire. Either way, it'll be the last chapter know this, uh, thrilling saga.

If it's still broken, I may cash in MITB on myself at Wrestlemania when I've won the Rumble and see what happens.
Triple threat

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm currently just getting DQ'd on all my matches to advance to Money in the Bank when my MITB contract should should expire. Either way, it'll be the last chapter know this, uh, thrilling saga.

If it's still broken, I may cash in MITB on myself at Wrestlemania when I've won the Rumble and see what happens.

I half hope my career mode is this broken

TheAznOne

So I'm guessing that R1 + Down is the Kevin Nash button in MyCareer? In my first performance match, I pressed those buttons and I was instantly down. i couldn't get up unless the cpu picks me up or worse they do nothing and I'm just prone indefinitely.

Hasney

So I'm guessing that R1 + Down is the Kevin Nash button in MyCareer? In my first performance match, I pressed those buttons and I was instantly down. i couldn't get up unless the cpu picks me up or worse they do nothing and I'm just prone indefinitely.

Yeah, had the same bug. Apparently it's for bringing the singlet straps down, but it just makes CAWs collapse.

You cannot since the consoles don't support it on the drive. Pc may be a different story I assume.

PS4 can, other games do it. They just don't here.

TheAznOne

Yeah, had the same bug. Apparently it's for bringing the singlet straps down, but it just makes CAWs collapse.

Man they have to fix that. Def game breaking. I was aware of the singlet taunt but sucks for those who can't do it and get this bug.

Hasney

Triple H want there after Money in the Bank! I'm free of the cursed briefcase!

EDIT: FROM ONE CURSE TO ANOTHER. I beat Heath Slater, then went to go home and the parking lot dude wasn't there, objective told me to talk to the producer again and then...

DMNSfLiXcAECwsg.jpg:large

Double booked. And also going back in time to do the tag match AFTER beating Heath Slater.

Hasney

Looks like I'm done, whole mode is broken as if I can't do side quests, I can't get attribute points.

There's the same few quests I can do.

1. Talk to AJ or Finn depending on the brand who will challenge me to a match at the next PPV. This quest will glitch and start counting the weeks down through negatives and never end
  2. Talk to Matt Bloom to manage Chris Chaos, but I really don't want to manage
  3. A legend in Vinces office will challenge me to get 4 star matches for 3 weeks. This will make me double booked that week and the quest will end
  4. Timed quests, MITB and Royal Rumble which are glitched

I'll raise this all as a ticket to 2k support, like it will do anything, but fuck it

How is the game for strictly single player experience? I don't care about career mode at all because playing wwe game is all about playing as actual wrestlers for me. Is Universe mode any better than last year? Or can we play as other wrestlers in career mode?
I buy wwe game each year but lack of sp content made me hate last year's game. The universe mode kept on throwing same pathetic wrestlers together in feud and I had to manually remove them. It was tedious. I mean who the fuck cares about bo Dallas and Roman feud or Darren Young and Cesaro feud? At least have mid card feud with mid card.

Wwe Smackdown games had such a great season mode. They can't even fucking copy that back. WWE svr 2007, hctp, even Smackdown 2 had amazing SP content.

AberLink

How is the game for strictly single player experience? I don't care about career mode at all because playing wwe game is all about playing as actual wrestlers for me. Is Universe mode any better than last year? Or can we play as other wrestlers in career mode?
I buy wwe game each year but lack of sp content made me hate last year's game. The universe mode kept on throwing same pathetic wrestlers together in feud and I had to manually remove them. It was tedious. I mean who the fuck cares about bo Dallas and Roman feud or Darren Young and Cesaro feud? At least have mid card feud with mid card.

Wwe Smackdown games had such a great season mode. They can't even fucking copy that back. WWE svr 2007, hctp, even Smackdown 2 had amazing SP content.

I wouldn’t recommend 2K18 if those are your needs (and this is coming from someone that’s thoroughly enjoying it).

Universe mode pretty much works as it always has. There are minor tweaks to it, but it doesn’t seem like anything groundbreaking. It’s only fun if you have some friends to play it with or want to spend the time editing every little detail.

I wouldn’t recommend 2K18 if those are your needs (and this is coming from someone that’s thoroughly enjoying it).

Universe mode pretty much works as it always has. There are minor tweaks to it, but it doesn’t seem like anything groundbreaking. It’s only fun if you have some friends to play it with or want to spend the time editing every little detail.
Hmmm I will pass then.

Was this glitch posted?

LMAO. That's quite a reunion for the Shield.

Samus4145

So I can't use any CAWs when playing local multiplayer. All of us are logged into our PSN accounts, but it still mentions that it violates parental controls which no one has one.

2K posted a FAQ that basically says it happens when someone is not logged in but that's not the case.

Hasney

Found an annoyance with the AI. If they're on the top rope and they do a wake up taunt, they won't actually juno off the top rope and just get down. Makes one of the trophies real hard.

Hasney

Oh yeah, about the PC version. All the VC, attributes etc. Are stored offline. Expect to see a lot of cheat engined super users if you intend yo play Road to Glory.

Lashley

Oh yeah, about the PC version. All the VC, attributes etc. Are stored offline. Expect to see a lot of cheat engined super users if you intend yo play Road to Glory.

im gonna hack VC to unlock everyone but I never play online, its shit tbh people just spam cheap moves

Hasney

I'm playing Road to Glory because it doesn't matter if you win or lose, you keep the stars and progress anyway. You just have to put on a decent enough display so I kind of dig it.

Lashley

I'm playing Road to Glory because it doesn't matter if you win or lose, you keep the stars and progress anyway. You just have to put on a decent enough display so I kind of dig it.

I just like Universe mode, Mr.Blobby was my WWE champ last year

I might dabble in RTG

Hasney

Just going to copy and paste from the bugs topic:

Here's another one. Trying to get a trophy where you catch a diving opponent and carry them around the ring. Ember wasn't doing her finisher properly, would just do a wake up taunt on the top rope and then get down, so I tried changing them to springboards... And this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCmdWGqMF6c

I can't get up, clearly because the AI wants to do something and can't work out what.

Hasney

Got it finally. If you want the trophy, take these steps:

1) Set someones finishers and signatures all to Dragonrana from the top rope (Move I know you can catch, there's probably others), then make them the CPU opponent
2) Pick a character that's a heavier weight class than your opponent and has the ring escape ability
3) (Optional) Set the match rules to be iron man, 3 finishers and low health. Will make it quicker and easier.
4) When you see the AI run towards to top rope to hit a finish, use the right stick to instantly escape the ring, then run back in. instead of doing a wake up taunt and then getting down, they will actually dive on you
5) Reverse and powerbomb them

Darrenf

Why are the graphics on the LED board on the apron so low res? It looks awful & is really distracting. They were fine in 2K17 so I hope they patch it.

z4chc3na

Got it finally. If you want the trophy, take these steps:

1) Set someones finishers and signatures all to Dragonrana from the top rope (Move I know you can catch, there's probably others), then make them the CPU opponent
2) Pick a character that's a heavier weight class than your opponent and has the ring escape ability
3) (Optional) Set the match rules to be iron man, 3 finishers and low health. Will make it quicker and easier.
4) When you see the AI run towards to top rope to hit a finish, use the right stick to instantly escape the ring, then run back in. instead of doing a wake up taunt and then getting down, they will actually dive on you
5) Reverse and powerbomb them

Easier to just do Braun v Kalisto
Set them up on the top turnbuckle
Punch until Kalisto reverses one and you’re standing groggy
Reverse his top attack

Lashley

Preload isn't up yet 😫

Nah, it's vs AI. I couldn't even get one of the trophies relating to a manager on player 2 when the opponent was AI.

Damn, that sucks. Steam is handy in that if you're truly desperate and an achievement glitches, you can always "unlock" it

Hasney

If someone wasn't impressed with 2k16, would they play this one?

In what way weren't you impressed? Match pacing is pretty much the same, although there's new animations for some reversals which add to it and multi man matches have a system to be less of a cluster fuck. You can now carry people around the ring with lifting moves and bring out a giant ladder to out people through.

Mode wise, Universe is largely the same just tweaked. Career mode works for a year but is better in theory. There's a proper online competitive mode.

That's about it. Nothing has radically changed.

Hasney

I've just realised I can exploit that Money in the Bank multiple cash in glitch. Cash in, win title, change brand repeat until I'm level 10 company man.

Top Bottom