• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma |OT| Skip the first two games? Nein Nein Nein

UberTag

Look like I'm getting a tooth pulled tomorrow, so I can't wait to play this while bedridden and hopped up on pain killers.
This almost makes me want there to be some kind of trap escape room with a character strapped to a dental chair where the decision game outcome goes horribly wrong.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I emailed Amazon and their response makes it sound like the watch edition won't be shipping on time...

Upon checking inventory team, I have confirmed that the Standard edition of "Zero Time Dilemma Vita" will be released on "June 28, 2016". However the "Zero Time Dilemma: Limited Watch Bonus Edition Vita" is currently unavailable due to manufacturing issues.

In this case, please be informed that the standard edition will be shipped as soon as it is released however we shall require some more time to ship the "Zero Time Dilemma: Limited Watch Bonus Edition Vita" edition.

Therefore, both the editions will be shipped separately

volgihn

I've tried contacting Amazon through chat and both representatives told me they don't ship items before the release date. Absolutely useless.

Finally, finally almost here?
I almost can't believe it.

Mixed feelings about that title. Could turn some people off, it's not like buying the older games is easy and affordable for most people.
But that's more a problem for game & developers of course, I don't think missing out is apt too, considering the series in question (having not played ZTD of course. I don't know if it is good about it or not).

They should include a sizeable summary as an optional read / catch up.

1upsuper

I am so ready for tomorrow. I'm so happy this game actually ended up happening. My only regret is finding out about the watch edition too late to get it.

Amazon, you and me are going to a play a game. A waiting game. The patience of you, me, and the human race hang in the balance.

Plaudite, ZTD non pervenit.

Mixed feelings about that title. Could turn some people off, it's not like buying the older games is easy and affordable for most people.
???

You can get the first two games for $50 total. $30 if you get VLR digitally. Less when the Steam ports release.

If somebody is willing to drop $40 for this they can definitely afford to play the series in proper order. ZTD won't go anywhere.

One day I'll learn my lesson and never pre-order from Amazon. The most incompetent fucks in the world when it comes to pre-ordering anything.

Looks like Best Buy's sold out too, so I guess I gotta go digital until it gets cheap physical.

takoyaki

Jumped through a few hoops to make an Australian account and be able to add money, but it's downloading now. Thanks Australia and your crazy time-zone ;)

One day I'll learn my lesson and never pre-order from Amazon. The most incompetent fucks in the world when it comes to pre-ordering anything.

Looks like Best Buy's sold out too, so I guess I gotta go digital until it gets cheap physical.

Amazon has never, ever failed me. This might the first time, though. We shall see!

Grim-Reality

Neo Member
Jumped through a few hoops to make an Australian account and be able to add money, but it's downloading now. Thanks Australia and your crazy time-zone ;)

Flashbacks of doing the same thing for the dark souls 3 JP version lol. Enjoy dude! Just a few more hours here hopefully.

Lexad

YEEESSS

Call your gamestops, they are releasing the 3DS version at least tonight alongside Lego Star Wars at 9pm at my store!!!!

giphy.gif

Well, it took an extra two years, but pretty much thanks to our fandom's support of the series this game finally exists. I hate it when journalists talk about how companies literally only care about the bottom line when we were able to get this game out of a Japanese company who mostly only care about their domestic audience. I think it's a feat, and I'm happy that the fans and the creators finally get to see a great duo series become the trilogy it was meant to be.

And wow, OT is already on page 5 halfway into Monday. Didn't expect that kind of excitement for this game. I haven't been following as much after the game got announced.

daveo42

Banned
I emailed Amazon and their response makes it sound like the watch edition won't be shipping on time...

They should send the game out separate. I have yet to get tracking info or a delivery date, but it seems the little bar moved and says career info should be up soon. I think I could wait a day or two, but that's about it before I just drop another $40 on a digital copy.

Kinda cool we're all getting it at around the same time. Just hope the Canadian postal strike doesn't affect the game's arrival too much, or else I'm pulling an Eric and having a meltdown like on the cover.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Get the piece of paper off the box. The game is pretty picky about where you click it.

Oh, crap.
I totally forgot about those! I wish notes were included as items as well as entries in the log, at least for the duration of the room.
Gotta try that when I get back from work ;)

Nope. Still not getting it. I've already
done the separating/mixing liquids stuff
. What I got so far is:
a knife I used to cut the pillow, the pills, blue/white/red/yellow liquids (the latter two I combined into an orange liquid), and the tray with the message

I think I know what I'm supposed to do with the puzzle:
I need to free the pig, then insert the canister and rearrange them in the correct order
. What I don't know is what to do between where I'm at and that following step...

Edit: Damn it. I'm an idiot. I got it :p

HOLY SHIT. The Vita game imported from Canada is already in the UK when it only got dispatched Friday. Fooking hell, I may very well have this game tomorrow, after all. Yippee! One of my most anticipated games in a long time. Keep this up, postal service.

I can't believe this is tomorrow! I haven't read the review thread, and have only read the FAQ in the OT. I have no idea what to expect yet I am extremely hyped! I hope PSTV plays with no problems. VLR was purr-fectly fine on it once I got the analogs set to input touch properly.

I wonder if I will do all the puzzles without cheating though. I was OK for some in 999 and VLR but after a while I was playing to find out what would happen next. Still, always gave it the college try when I first encounter puzzles.

Don't suppose we have an idea of when the EU PSN version might become available?
???

You can get the first two games for $50 total. $30 if you get VLR digitally. Less when the Steam ports release.

If somebody is willing to drop $40 for this they can definitely afford to play the series in proper order. ZTD won't go anywhere.
999 never came out in Europe, not everyone can easily import.
But you're right really, I just wish it was more available for folks.
Hopefully a PC version of both will save the day.

Velcro Fly

mine just shipped from best buy and i have no idea if it will be here tomorrow or later in the week

best buy is usually great at getting games to me on release date

cross-post from review thread

Suggestive Gaming made a 11min summary video of 999&VLR, I think it's the best summary so far. Check it out if you want to get caught up before playing ZTD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vNYzwnHmX4

thanks polygon

Not a bad summary. It cuts a ton of the nitty-gritty details, but it provides a nice baseline understanding of the core plot.

I still would've recommended people playing through the two games, though, as your attachment to the returning characters is going to play a big role in the finale, I imagine.

takoyaki

:O
That's a LOT more tracks than I thought there would be after what people were saying and the trailer reusing music from past games. Looking forward to the OST release even more now too.

Shinji Hosoe, man. Not many game composers out there left like him.

Didn't expect such an extensive soundtrack either. Hope they release it on itunes.

Kagari's review went into more detail about the soundtrack, she said that the remixed songs are used for the 2 teams of returning participants and the new songs play during scenes with the team of newcomers. I think that's a really nice touch by Hosoe.

Great OT! Let's all hope that Amazon hurries the fuck up and finally dispatches all the copies :(

Btw, where can I get a fancy Zero hat and mask for my Diddy Avatar?

Didn't expect such an extensive soundtrack either. Hope they release it on itunes.

Kagari's review went into more detail about the soundtrack, she said that the remixed songs are used for the 2 teams of returning participants and the new songs play during scenes with the team of newcomers. I think that's a really nice touch by Hosoe.

Looking at the track list there though, they only mentioned a few remixed tracks, like 70% of it looks like original BGM. This series has really addictive music to listen to. Some of Hosoe's best work in his almost 30 years in the industry (up there with his work on Ridge Racer, Street Fighter EX3 and Tekken 2, imo). Guy is a legend.

I'm almost as excited for the BGM as I am for the game itself, honestly, lol (excited to hear those remixes). Wonder if he got any of his colleagues to work on this one with him (Ayako Saso/Takayuki Aihara, Sanodg etc)?

So I'm refreshing my 999 and VLR memories right now, is there a list of the main questions going in to ZTD? Right now all I can think of is
the identity of Brother, and obviously WTF is happening in cliffhanger from VLR

edit: wait, the PC release is a day late? FML

Top Bottom