• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done buying LEGO until Town Hall comes out.

6838046243_e4b7f6efe2_z.jpg

6838043971_13880c9b8a_z.jpg

So, where will you put your Town Hall? Between Pet Shop and GE?

I'd love to have Green Grocer, I'm sure it would look great in this order: GE, GG, TH, PS, FB

So, where will you put your Town Hall? Between Pet Shop and GE?

I'd love to have Green Grocer, I'm sure it would look great in this order: GE, GG, TH, PS, FB

Great question but I think you are right, between Pet Shop and GE seems optimal. Town Hall has a similar shape to Fire Brigade (especially with the clock and bell towers) so I think it will be best not to put it right next to FB.

Leunam

I bought the Fire Brigade modular today. So which modulars are out of print and which ones are expected to disappear soon?

Ainaurdur

Grabbed these over the past week.

5FvQrl.jpg

I have only built the mini tow truck so far. Will be building the mini mobile crane soon. Think I will leave the MMV in it's box for now, Not sure where I will put it once constructed.

Also not sure if I will be getting anything in March with the double VIP points yet. I want to, but my wallet might get angry.

I bought the Fire Brigade modular today. So which modulars are out of print and which ones are expected to disappear soon?

Out of print:

10182 Cafe Corner (2007)
10190 Market Street (2007)
10185 Green Grocer (2008)

Currently abailable:

10197 Fire Brigade (2009)
10211 Grand Emporium (2010)
10218 Pet Shop (2011)

Upcoming:

10224 Town Hall (2012)

Fire Brigade will go oop soon. GE probably next year.

neonglow

My shipment of series 6 minifigures came in! It cost me 100 Euros to get it or about $2.25 per figure. It's the only way to get 3 complete sets.

6888393311_1e3ac43f2e_z.jpg

bengraven

What I had heard before is that it is supposed to be in the style of the modulars (ie. different levels, lots of details) - i do not know if it will be able to be connected. It is not part of the Monster Fighters theme.

Fuuuuck, a haunted house sounds awesome.

And your avatar is giving me serious nostalgia. I was really into the castle and pirate themes of the late 80s, early 90s. I got my ghost with a small pirate cove set I think...? I can't remember. May have been in one of those over-priced $5-10 sets that had a figure or two, a couple accessories and maybe a wall piece and some studs.

Naka

Having the LEGO store so close to work is dangerous. Had an itch to buy something so I got a battle pack. Here is the scene I created on my desk

d1da6de058ec11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Naka

Isn't the "Luke's Landspeeder" set a new set as well as this Droid Escape one? I only ask because the C-3PO figures are different. This one looks more detailed.

The Luke's Landspeeder set is from 2010 I think. The C-3PO in the picture is from the droid escape set and it's definitely more detailed than the one that came with the Landspeeder. I can take a picture of them side by side if you'd like.

kaskade

Just bought this as me reintroduction to lego.

obPMI.jpg

Post iPad 3 I'll probably pick up some of the nicer Star Wars sets. They looked great.

Jintor

Fuck it, I'm going to get an X-Wing. It's overpriced like crazy here in AU but I have a gift card so I can at least equal US prices

XShagrath

Is there an advantage to ordering from the LEGO store rather than Amazon (for something that Amazon stocks)? I understand the 5/10% VIP thing, but then there's shipping and tax, neither of which I have to pay at Amazon.

Naka

Is there an advantage to ordering from the LEGO store rather than Amazon (for something that Amazon stocks)? I understand the 5/10% VIP thing, but then there's shipping and tax, neither of which I have to pay at Amazon.

Nope. I only buy things from the LEGO store if I can price it out cheaper than you can buy it for on Amazon. I include the 5/10% VIP points as well when I do the math. I'm lucky though as I have an extra 10% discount from the actual LEGO store as I have an annual Disney pass which the Downtown Disney store accepts.

Leunam

Out of print:

10182 Cafe Corner (2007)
10190 Market Street (2007)
10185 Green Grocer (2008)

Currently abailable:

10197 Fire Brigade (2009)
10211 Grand Emporium (2010)
10218 Pet Shop (2011)

Upcoming:

10224 Town Hall (2012)

Fire Brigade will go oop soon. GE probably next year.

Thanks for the info. I assume there are lists for parts for the stuff that's out of print right? I saw the Green Grocer and Market Street and I'm quite sad that I missed out on both.

Hero

X-Wing came in today! Took a little over two hours with a break for dinner but really excited. It was a lot of fun to build but building 4x of the wings got a little repetitive of course.

x-wing.jpg

Couldn't resist the price from that B&N sale. I want to get the 120-ish Millenium Falcon next.

X-Wing came in today! Took a little over two hours with a break for dinner but really excited. It was a lot of fun to build but building 4x of the wings got a little repetitive of course.

x-wing.jpg

Couldn't resist the price from that B&N sale. I want to get the 120-ish Millenium Falcon next.

B&N does have good prices on the sets they do carry. Too bad they dont get the UCS stuff.

They are also a great place to get the Architecture sets whenever they send out coupons.

jtkauff

Thanks for the info. I assume there are lists for parts for the stuff that's out of print right? I saw the Green Grocer and Market Street and I'm quite sad that I missed out on both.

Yup, you can get parts lists/inventories at a variety of places. I tend to use Bricklink.com but Rebrickable.com is another good source. Here's the Bricklink inventories for Green Grocer and Market Street (and for good measure, Cafe Corner).

Someone's War of the Worlds tripod.

1203084976_SPLASH.jpg

1203088234_DISPLAY.jpg

Interestingly, it was the Alien Defense Force tripods that got me back into Legos just last year. The one above is really fantastic IMO.

Shiv47

I received this today, my collector's mentality overwhelming monetary concerns (though the other two OOP modulars are way too pricey to do anything but make by parting them out, unless I come into a secret inheritance.

b4a25533.jpg

DAMN YOU ALL POSTING ABOUT MODULARS! My resolve is weak enough with saving up for Star Wars sets. I dont need the modulars!

Anyways, I am continuing to sort my old collection. Picked up some more Stanley Sortmaster containers and have probably half the collection sorted so far. Looking through my pile of old instruction manuals I know I am missing tons of stuff though. Some of it I know is my niece and nephew (she has all the horses from my castle sets), but the sheer amount of wheels missing from the big space sets means there must still be a box at my mother's house. I wonder if she can find it and ship it to me.

Vyer

What do the 'points' that you guys are referring to do?

Also, we bought some Series 5 minifigs today. This dude is cool.

photo4.jpg

Makes me excited for those LOTR minifigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom