• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 1.70 "available soon", SHAREfactory revealed (video editor), preloading confirmed

Nutcasey

Here is a good one.

kgNdW72.png

That's everything I want. I'd like a native media player like PLEX in there too if they could as well.

Okk, this is a start! Still want the damn themes though...

Kind of bummed the share thing is a seperate app. Was hoping they'd just fix up the new one. The countdown feature seems neat though

coldfoot

Banned
Don't understand why you need an option to turn HDCP off. Why not make it default off for all games and keep it on for Blu-rays, Netflix, etc?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Don't understand why you need an option to turn HDCP off. Why not make it default off for all games and keep it on for Blu-rays, Netflix, etc?
There's not really a precedent for patching out HDCP post-launch. There's no positives to leaving it on, but to a lot of people there's no positives to turning it off. I guess this way, nobody can complain about anything, covering their assess maybe? Who knows? "Why does it have a toggle?" is about as important as a complaint as "Why do I have to connect my DS3 to my PS3 with a wire every firmware update?".

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I can't wait to add some Linkin Park to all my dope DBZ footage.
I've uploaded exactly 2 YouTube videos ever. And I'm glad none of them have anything from that era of music. It's cliché now, it was even then of course.
"Soon" hilarity aside, I gotta give props to Scott for replying to so many posts on the PS Blog.
Getting a reply kinda encourages you to stop complaining I've noticed.
then you will be happy by the end of April.
NicoNico =)
Kind of strange that it allows importation of your own music but lacks an official MP3 player.
It is isn't it? Now why would they do something like that? -_-

androvsky

C'mon guys, I seriously doubt it'll be available outside Japan.

No one in the US cares about NicoNico. :/

It's something other than Facebook with which to share content directly. If there's something else coming, that would be more interesting, I agree.

Except you don't have to connect the DS3 to PS3 with a wire for a firmware update.
You used to. Those were dark days indeed, only to be spoken of in hushed whispers.

Lemondish

yet again, sub-accounts get no love. Sony is dropping the ball regarding sub-accounts.

I agree here. I was so upset with how they locked out so many features from my sub account that I went and started over on my PS4. Giving up those trophies was heartbreaking and having to transfer over my friends list was extremely time consuming.

I'm happier having access to the Share button and Facebook integration. I also like the Name Request feature, but damn if I'm not sour over the whole ordeal.

Teletraan1

Banned
When they add support for music I wonder if it will just be for shitty mp3 or for higher quality formats as well. I have a few 24bit 96/192Khz flac files that I would like to have supported.

andycapps

I hope available soon doesn't mean next month...

I'm guessing next Tuesday. The features we're getting teased about from Sony are probably the ones that are already working, but they'll keep testing up until then and if other features are ready to go we'll see more. There are typically other fixes that aren't called out in the notes anyway.

dralla

I'd just like it if the share button worked properly. Whenever I've tried it, it never recorded the last 15 minutes, it's usually like 10, and there are gaps sometimes too.

Clarification needed ?

MP3's will be stored on the HDD? or

From what I'm reading and saw on the video, the music is only accessible within the Share Factory App where you can import it into a movie clip you made via USB. That is the extent of what I just saw, not you can import your mp3's to the HDD am I wrong

_Ryo_

Have you seen the future?

I was just talking about the news and THIS software update in this thread specifically, and aren't you the one that said MP3 playback isn't coming in this update? haha.

I know that you all plan to have it in, but if it's not in this update it is strange that you can import your own music but not play it back in a stand alone player.

'sall I'm saying, dig? :)

EDIT:

Clarification needed ?

MP3's will be stored on the HDD? or

From what I'm reading and saw on the video, the music is only accessible within the Share Factory App where you can import it into a movie clip you made via USB. That is the extent of what I just saw, not you can import your mp3's to the HDD am I wrong

This is how I read it as well, which explains why I said it'd be strange.

The preloading feature reminded me of something they said the PS4 would be able to do: predict what you're going to buy next and download it before you do...

Hope they eventually make good on that. The more my PS4 can do autonomously while in standby mode the better.

TalonJH

or maybe they're being sly in that they know we'll pick apart every frame of the video to see if there's a sneak preview of what else is in. If it plays locally stored audio tracks imported from USB I would be very surprised if they don't have a separate app to play your music without the SHAREfactory app.
I just hope that I can run both music app and a game at the same time, would be nice to have it functioning when you hold the PS button, displays the track information and buttons there as there's plenty of screen space to hold it without getting cluttered.

Well, that is where the controls for Music unlimited are when you use it.

You can... you can play any music from the Sony app over games... Music Unlimited the name so that's not the issue.

No, I'm saying that aren't advertising it yet because we may not be able to play our own music over our games with this update. The screen shot that I quoted was saying that it looks like we can upload mp3's.

or maybe they're being sly in that they know we'll pick apart every frame of the video to see if there's a sneak preview of what else is in. If it plays locally stored audio tracks imported from USB I would be very surprised if they don't have a separate app to play your music without the SHAREfactory app.
I just hope that I can run both music app and a game at the same time, would be nice to have it functioning when you hold the PS button, displays the track information and buttons there as there's plenty of screen space to hold it without getting cluttered.

the UI elements are already there and you can already play tunes with games with Music Unlimited. it seems like they could incorporate personal MP3s into the MU app with all the features it already has.

Danlord

Well, that is where the controls for Music unlimited are when you use it.

the UI elements are already there and you can already play tunes with games with Music Unlimited. it seems like they could incorporate personal MP3s into the MU app with all the features it already has.

Oh wow, thanks guys!
I didn't know that (I don't have Music Unlimited nor have I seen it being used)

I'm so much more hyped for this now,

Cudder

The preloading feature reminded me of something they said the PS4 would be able to do: predict what you're going to buy next and download it before you do...

Hope they eventually make good on that. The more my PS4 can do autonomously while in standby mode the better.
I would never want this to become reality. Automatically downloading suggestions would be terrible. Especially because you can now just download stuff straight to your ps4 from a phone or PC browser.

I would never want this to become reality. Automatically downloading suggestions would be terrible. Especially because you can now just download stuff straight to your ps4 from a phone or PC browser.

I'm guessing you could turn this off, so giving people the option couldn't hurt.

majik13

I am most hyped about setting the recording length. I do something cool in BF4, but I would always have to upload the last 15 mins regardles(if I didnt want to quite out of the game to cut the length down)

I hope they eventually add the ability to just set the length of the upload. Record max 15 mins, but quick upload only the last 3 mins or so.

Vashetti

Banned
Anyone know if it's technically possible for them to change the "Mute the PS Camera" option?

In my scenario, I'd prefer if we could mute it on a game-by-game basis, as it broadcasts whatever audio it hears when you're playing online in games like Killzone and Battlefield.

So I'd want it off for those games, but still work everywhere else in the system.

jryi

Senior Analyst, Fanboy Drivel Research Partners LLC

There could be something weird in the licensing agreements related to this. I remember back when I used to work for Nokia, I was wondering why we couldn't have the T9 (predictive text input) enabled by default. Apparently we saved something like a quarter of a cent per device sold if it was not readily enabled.

(I could be wrong about this. I'm old, and it's a decade since I was interested enough about ITU-T keypads.)

I'd love for something along the lines of folders to be in this update, but I'm not holding my breath. It will come eventually, though.

Top Bottom