• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae |OT| Brought to you by Coleman™

Village

Thought this might interest those who feel the voice direction doesn't fit the cast (especially Noctis):

I'm ok with notcis's voice.

Like in real life, there are a lot of smaller dudes with deep voices. And on the opposite end, Mike Tyson.I have an issue with some of the acting is all. I really don't get the complaint about the voices themselves. People sound different, -shrugs-

Koozek

I'm ok with notcis's voice.

Like in real life, there are a lot of smaller dudes with deep voices. And on the opposite end, Mike Tyson.I have an issue with some of the acting is all. I really don't get the complaint about the voices themselves. People sound different, -shrugs-

Yeah, yeah, I was talking about the voice direction itself. Sometimes Noctis sounds okay, but most of the time he sounds too forced and broody. Maybe the director wants them to sound "badass" like the typical protagonists in shooters and didn't have enough experience with JRPGs beforehand (besides LR). The final game might be better if they read some of the feedback and aren't too deep in production already.

DeSolos

Yeah, yeah, I was talking about the voice direction itself. Sometimes Noctis sounds okay, but most of the time he sounds too forced and broody. Maybe the director wants them to sound "badass" like the typical protagonists in shooters and didn't have enough experience with JRPGs beforehand (besides LR). The final game might be better if they read some of the feedback and aren't too deep in production already.

I'm with you there. I feel the "forced" sound comes out as being too gravely. Like a constipated Batman.
(seriously, do a constipated Batman voice and say "It's bedtime." That's Noctis)
I'd be ok if his voice was deep, but not so coarse.

Village

I actually think it sounds more forced when it goes high pitched

When you used the summon he says " now i know why the tales are told, at like a higher pitch than everything else he said in the demo" It sounded more natural when he was coming out of the tent, the only who sounds forced and unnatural to me is promto. he sounds like generic anime voice number 86, because of the acting.

KoopaTheCasual

I actually think it sounds more forced when it goes high pitched

When you used the summon he says " now i know why the tales are told, at like a higher pitch than everything else he said in the demo" It sounded more natural when he was coming out of the tent, the only who sounds forced and unnatural to me is promto. he sounds like generic anime voice number 86, because of the acting.
I thought that was Prompto?

Thought this might interest those who feel the voice direction doesn't fit the cast (especially Noctis):

Ugh, that may explain things. Seriously, Noctis's voice is silly, but that's just one of the many problems. Glad the demo has the Japanese option and hope the full game does too.

DJIzana

I actually don't mind Prompto's english voice actor. In fact, I think he's the best of the bunch. I think the only one I really think needs to be changed is just Noctis.

I... am still on the fence if I want to play through dub / sub if dual audio makes it in the final game. I didn't really have any major complaints. Funny how picky some people are about it though.

DJIzana

You guys could get the most all star cast to do the English VA for FFXV and there would STILL be people complaining about it. Nothing will be perfect.

wmlk

You guys could get the most all star cast to do the English VA for FFXV and there would STILL be people complaining about it. Nothing will be perfect.

I don't see anyone complain about FFXII.

You can like the FFXV cast just fine, but don't imply that people don't have a good reason to be upset.

Koozek

Wow

you

you

you moe enemy

I mean, I liked that type of overacting when I still watched Anime a lot a few years ago. Last one I watched was Kids on the Slope (directed by Shin’ichirō Watanabe of Cowboy Bebop fame - my most favorite Anime) but even that had some annoyingly tropey characters.
Now, Moe is another thing. Low-key the worst thing that happened to Japanese entertainment.

I have to admit that FFXV's Japanese VAs, except for Prompto, are pretty good, though.

im not an expert with these things...But what happened to Noctis Hair compared to Tech Demo in 2014? Is this the fault of the Resolution or more like a small Downgrade?
His new hair looks somehow artificial

ttqu4t2leh_noctis1.jpg
ttqu4t2leh_noctis2.jpg
ttqu4t2leh_noctis5.jpg
livepreview.php

chozen

im not an expert with these things...But what happened to Noctis Hair compared to Tech Demo in 2014? Is this the fault of the Resolution or more like a small Downgrade?

ttqu4t2leh_noctis1.jpg
ttqu4t2leh_noctis2.jpg
ttqu4t2leh_noctis5.jpg
livepreview.php

Pretty sure thats luminous engine at its max on a pc at the time. I mean it's still there, ps4 just can't run it.

SougoXIII

The best part by far of the demo is the random banter between the group as you wander around the fields. It's the reason that I would choose sub over dub for this game.

wmlk

ttqu4t2leh_noctis1.jpg
ttqu4t2leh_noctis2.jpg
ttqu4t2leh_noctis5.jpg
livepreview.php

I see no difference. His hair just looks more reflective at TGS because of the rain.

Go_Ly_Dow

And now?

Techdemo

Duscae Demo

Maybe its my imagination, but Noctis Hair from the Tech Demo has more Volume, while his hair from Duscae looks like strands
But like i said im not an expert with these things

it's a gameplay model shot vs a cutscene shot.

the demo is likely running at a lower resolution than that original video, but the graphical quality of the models is still just as a good.

Falk

that puzzling face
dats racist

edit: nm, I'm blind I thought you said eyes, not eyebrows.

I guess it's me who needs eyes eyebrows checked not Noctis.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yea but ME and Gears both have fantastic voice acting, with every character having a very fitting and natural sounding voice. Same can't be said for ffxv

Koozek

Yea but ME and Gears both have fantastic voice acting, with every character having a very fitting and natural sounding voice. Same can't be said for ffxv

I agree about ME, never played Gears, though. But afaik most Gears characters have deep, gruff voices and speak in a "badass" way, no?
Anyway, I was only half-serious. I think the voices themselves are pretty good in FFXV. The problem is mostly the delivery. Noctis is the most uneven - sometimes it sounds good, most of the time not. I actually even like Ignis quite a bit now, though they should definitely not change his personality this much compared to the Japanese script and also tone down the accent a tiny bit. I doubt they're already done with more than the demo localization-wise. Hopefully they can still incorporate some of the feedback.

Dunan

Lol, I didn't even realize that those 4 dudes might be representing the Noctis & Co. Hmm...
Here's a better version of the image.

P2rfpWb.jpg

I can't guess at who the people are supposed to be, but I'm going to take a stab at what the writing on the banner at the bottom says.

I think they just transliterated English into an alphabet of their own making, and that it says:

STARS AND MOON GUARD THE NIGHT, WOULD THAT MAY RULE COME DAWN

(There are no Google hits for this exact phrase, so either it's wrong or this is the first attempt at solving it. I had to take some guesses;
three of the four Ds
are obscured, as are
the only instances of W and Y
.)

Now that's not quite grammatical English, but it certainly feels right, given that
Stella, Luna, and Noctis mean 'stars', 'moon', and 'night' (OK, 'of the night')
in Latin. It would be better as the more wistful
'stars and moon guard the night; would that they rule come dawn', with the dawn in the future
or the more directly forward-looking
'stars and moon guard the night, that they may rule come dawn'

And, of course, I could be totally wrong and seeing words where there's nothing to see. If anyone has any ideas for corrections, I'm all ears!

I can't guess at who the people are supposed to be, but I'm going to take a stab at what the writing on the banner at the bottom says.

I think they just transliterated English into an alphabet of their own making, and that it says:

(There are no Google hits for this exact phrase, so either it's wrong or this is the first attempt at solving it. I had to take some guesses;
three of the four Ds
are obscured, as are
.)

Now that's not quite grammatical English, but it certainly feels right, given that
'stars and moon guard the night; would that they rule come dawn', with the dawn in the future

And, of course, I could be totally wrong and seeing words where there's nothing to see. If anyone has any ideas for corrections, I'm all ears!
Stella still in confirmed.
lol

Anyway, I didn't even think the banner actually had more than scribbles on it =X

So good job, even if it happens to be wrong.

Koozek

three of the four Ds
are obscured, as are
.)

Jesus, if you're right, hats off :D I can see the words now, too, but only because I already know what to look for.
Maybe tweet an image with your translation below the writing to an official SE account on Twitter and ask them for fun. Or to Wan Hazmer on Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr. He once commented on someone asking about the Exineris/Ex Inferis banners at the gas station if I'm not mistaking him with someone else from SE.

Oh and,
Stella lives.

Dunan

Jesus, if you're right, hats off :D I can see the words now, too, but only because I already know what to look for.
Maybe tweet an image with your translation below the writing to an official SE account on Twitter and ask them for fun. Or to Wan Hazmer on Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr. He once commented on someone asking about the Exineris/Ex Inferis banners at the gas station if I'm not mistaking him with someone else from SE.

Oh and,
Stella lives.

Can I just post to his Facebook wall? I've never done anything like that, though a fellow Gaffer tweeted to the Gravity Rush folks when I discovered their linguistic secrets. I'd love to impress them!

Koozek

Can I just post to his Facebook wall? I've never done anything like that, though a fellow Gaffer tweeted to the Gravity Rush folks when I discovered their linguistic secrets. I'd love to impress them!

Seems like you have to be friends with him to be able to post on his FB wall, hmm. Try his Twitter or Tumblr. I could do it for you on Twitter and link to your post if you like or have no Twitter account^^

Seems like you have to be friends with him to be able to post on his FB wall, hmm. Try his Twitter or Tumblr. I could do it for you on Twitter and link to your post if you like or have no Twitter account^^

Wan accepts anyone on FB AFAIK (he accepted me on FB at least), so just do that.

Top Bottom