• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Gets a Price Cut in Canada

Check Amazon hourly charts

Ps4 has destroyed xbox there forever despite being more expensive

And Amazon has been very reliable as a console sales indicator for the NPD results

Because Amazon is the most reliable metric to see how well a customer does, and definitely serves the same audience of the supremely large price-conscious and uninformative Walmart shopper market. Also Amazon in Canada is shit and not many people use it here.

NolbertoS

Thats still abit high. I know it was 449.99 but 399.99 plus 12% tax is still high for me. Hope when E3 is arounf they have it for 349.99

Because Amazon is the most reliable metric to see how well a customer does, and definitely serves the same audience of the supremely large price-conscious and uninformative Walmart shopper market. Also Amazon in Canada is shit and not many people use it here.

Regardless of how many people use it, the ratio of ps4 to x1 sales on there will not be substantially different from those in a physical retail market.

I'm not saying it's a perfect metric but its not entirely worthless either

This is like the one reason I am glad I got my PS4 at launch.

Game prices are murder though. So far, I've been buying everything at a discount: the Amazon buy 2 get 1 free deal, digital sales, and just patiently waiting for GAF BST offers to come my way

Gogo_ZvC

Back to the original launch price, yay! Glad I picked it up before that dumb $50 price hike. Game prices are still ridiculous though, forcing me to hunt for used copies online.

gtj1092

Well I believe Aquamarine(sp ck banned NPD insider) and Cosmic Queso have both said in the past that Ps4 leads over XB1 in Cananda.

We know at launch it sold more as well. You'd think that people on Amazon would also buy the option that is lower priced but if you want to believe only rich snobs shop on there that's up to you.

In every other country Ps4 sells more than X1 despite being higher in cost or the same price but maybe Canada is different.

the1npc

About time, ill probably get one for mgs and battlefront in the fall. Lots of my buddys picked up xbones last fall since it was $50-100 cheaper than a ps4 in most cases. Only people I know with ps4s pre ordered them. $449 can fuck off.

Z3M0G

Ouch... my buddy bought one like 3 days ago...

Would Futureshop refund the difference in a situation like this?

Maximus.

I think this is just a sale price. It's one retailer for one flyer. The dollar is shit, prices for everything else is going up...

balohna

Does anyone have Canadian sales data? I do feel like I know more people with Xbox Ones than PS4s, and you are almost foolish not to go that route with how much cheaper it is. Could be Sony felt the need to stand on equal footing in this market.

Top Bottom