• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Can I use my PC GTA Online character in the Xbox One version or does each platform keep things seperate?

I'd like to know this as well, I have this on Xbone too.

More shenanigans from tonight. Cruising with my GAF Crew Homie Zoolader. Love this game so much.

Gonna photodump a bit unless that is gonna bother someone, lemme know.

Komo

Banned
I'll agree with the sentiment that online is a giant fucking mess of lading screens and terrible lobbies. Why couldn't they just make dedicated servers and quick instances for certain missions.

The game does so much so well but this really holds it back.

Pretty much

A good chunk of my GTAO experience is watching those loading screens. It's really boring. Thank God the Steam overlay works for my non-Steam version now, so I can browse the web while it loads.

Other than that, my other major gripe with the multiplayer is that I'm frequently placed in lobbies with less than four people, so I'll need to join another lobby, wait about 3 minutes for it to find a lobby and hope that it will have a good number of people.

When everything works out though, it's a fantastic experience.

Zoolader

I had a blast messing around online with Kappadizzle and some others today. Those clips should be fun to watch later. I'll take more pictures next time.
ibllystuTHSyDJ.png

iRnTbBXiiAw6a.png

iSdXvusiSzYIf.png

Zoolader

I love that second shot with the flare gun.

Thanks. It was hard picking which one to post as there were a few cool ones that came out with that flare gun. I flipped through your photobucket and you captured a lot of cool moments. We should get different colored flares next time and fire them all. After my last post I figured how to watch a clip and disable the hud which is really exciting. That way I can take my time and change the camera to any angle at any moment of time that I want. I'll be spending a lot of time taking pictures that way now.

sunnz

i HATE the whole " well buy the bullet proof car" statement.

The best days were defiantly the first week of GTA online, when no one could afford tanks, super cars and every player had their own unique car, now its literally just zentorno, that bullet proof car( and the 4x4) or the adder... How I wish it could be like that again.

I have the good old Phoenix and fucking love it ( did use zentorno but it was boring like all supercars).

I don't want to sound like I want people to play a certain way, just its more fun when its more diverse

GTA V online needs A LOT more simple free roam tasks/jobs/activities, what happened to the money vans? Don't seem them anymore.
Simple jobs like those armoured vans with money, adding more grocery stores, able to rob smaller banks for more money ( more police too), having a hitlist/most wanted ( could be players and NPCs online) and such would make it so much better.

Also have the random crate drops stopped? They were fun too.

Played online a bit. Only disappointing thing is the loading. Sometimes I will join a group, be told it is full, they ask me if I want to spectate (no I want to play the game) and then it loads for what feels like the best part of a minute. This is really attrocious.

Overall the mutilplayer seems a lot more fun than GTA IV, I never got to play Cops n Crooks in that mode though. Revisiting from GTA V on PS3 I'm appreciating the score a lot more this time around.

My favourite thing so far is the Blur style race mode with missiles, boosts and repair. It's still got some jank, feeling a bit more like a mod than Blur but it's a nice nod to that short lived series. I am spending a lot of money on shitty cars. It's a bit tedious having so much stuff locked behind a grind but I think I'll be sticking to this game a lot.

Damn sunnz, sounds like I really missed some good times.
I haven't gotten around to many artsy shots because I'm kind of too busy just playing the game but here's one where I just happened across this neat little waterfall.
Cute easter egg!

Hip Hop

You guys are making me too nervous to even try GTA Online. Is there any way to have fun on there?

It's best played with friends.

Almost required tbh, but try it out.

It's just free roaming like in single player, but with other people to mess around with, and there are missions and side activities that you can do with others.

I wish there was a no guns mode so it could be played a bit like Burnout Paradise. I think that'd be fun. Passive sort of satisfies it but not really.

It's so much fun with friends. But getting anything working well with public lobbies is a pain. Races always work well.
Races worked great for me first night, we had a good group rolling from race to race, usually 8+ people. I would say being on call for a race is the easiest way to have a good time.

Kabouter

Cheaters are becoming a problem. I've reported several already, submitting evidence to Rockstar's cheater report email.

Speed hacks, invulnerability, flying cars, explosive weapons, flashing cars, money drops, etc.

Make sure you report and submit evidence to gtaonlinebanhammer@rockstargames.com

I'm having a hard time imagining what you're describing here. As far as cheating goes, thankfully haven't experienced much of it. I usually play invite only open world, and don't really do versus stuff much.

Hip Hop

Cheaters are becoming a problem. I've reported several already, submitting evidence to Rockstar's cheater report email.

Speed hacks, invulnerability, flying cars, explosive weapons, flashing cars, money drops, etc.

Make sure you report and submit evidence to gtaonlinebanhammer@rockstargames.com

This is what hurt GTA IV online on PC a lot so I hope they get on top of this stuff quick.

I remember that one where hackers would freeze the game for everyone on the server. Great times.

I even experienced that one on the 360. Everyones console would freeze up. You had to disconnect the power cord.

Skyzard

Banned
TBH I prefer to play GTA with a controller. While I want to jump into online mode every now and then it just isn't really worth it as it pairs you either with people using a the pad and aim assist, or people using keyboard and mouse. It won't pair you with others using non-aim assisted gamepad.

So either I have full on aim hack or play with mouse and keyboard, with controls I'm not used to and game settings tweaked for optimal performance and visuals with a pad (so not 60fps for smooth mouse control).

i HATE the whole " well buy the bullet proof car" statement.

The best days were defiantly the first week of GTA online, when no one could afford tanks, super cars and every player had their own unique car, now its literally just zentorno, that bullet proof car( and the 4x4) or the adder... How I wish it could be like that again.

I have the good old Phoenix and fucking love it ( did use zentorno but it was boring like all supercars).

I don't want to sound like I want people to play a certain way, just its more fun when its more diverse

GTA V online needs A LOT more simple free roam tasks/jobs/activities, what happened to the money vans? Don't seem them anymore.
Simple jobs like those armoured vans with money, adding more grocery stores, able to rob smaller banks for more money ( more police too), having a hitlist/most wanted ( could be players and NPCs online) and such would make it so much better.

Also have the random crate drops stopped? They were fun too.

Just play with GAF man, I've yet to have a bad time playing with our crew.

Valkrai

Ugh public sessions are a pain in the ass, kept getting killed and lost thousands to some dick. I need to join GAF only sessions.

Valkrai

How do you unlock more heists?

We've finished the Humane Labs one, but then what?

You unlock the next heist by completing the heist you host or beating all heists as leader or crew member. It takes a little while for the next one to come in, Lester will call.

My gripe with GTA Online is that the game is inviting my offline friend.
My heist won't ever start if an offline friend is taking a slot for it.

Not sure if PC is similar to PS4/X1, but if you choose "Invite -> From Friends List" you can specify which people to invite. If you choose "Invite -> Friends Playing GTAV" or "Invite -> Friends" then it'll just auto-invite everybody who is a friend with the game, and then that friend will take up an invite slot. Choosing "from friends list" lets you specifically select each player.

How do you unlock more heists?

We've finished the Humane Labs one, but then what?

Usually takes like 5 in game minutes and the heist leader will get a call with details for the next one.

Video of last nights shenanigans.

Quote this link to see. I'd not share with others at the moment please. I'll leave the video unlisted for a while as I'd like all GAF that want to watch, watch.

Believe me, it's worth a watch, but skip past all the boring parts. I started the video link at a cool spot, as a taste.

19:46 has a Gaffer riding the GAF Mobile onto my jet.

Use HOLA(Google Chrome addon) or any other little add on to let you switch countries easily for YT if you find the video is blocked. I won't make that mistake in the future. Only music from my buddy and that's it.

and if someone could .GIF where I've bookmarked, I'd be eternally greatful, I can't do it with what I use becuase the video is over 2 hours long. I'd reeeeeealllly appreciate it.

puss-in-boots-please-face-o.gif

I'm spoiled by 60fps damnit. The game looks like crap here but when going back to ps4 I constantly crash into stuff because the framerate is 30. Now I constantly have to choose between 43-60 (with around 60 most of the time) or 30fps with beautiful graphics. Why didnInhave to triple dip lol. Can't afford a pc at all so just have to play it on the laptop for the foreseeable future.

Valkrai

All right, if you guys want to join in on Heists, add me on RSC- Dark5tar1

Edit: I'd also love to join in on some shenanigans with GAF :p

Anyone know any good non-copyrighted music I can use for my videos? I have albums from my buddy, but that's about it and as much as I love the Stars and Stripes like any red-blooded American, I can't listen to it anymore.

Anyone know any good non-copyrighted music I can use for my videos? I have albums from my buddy, but that's about it and as much as I love the Stars and Stripes like any red-blooded American, I can't listen to it anymore.

Depends on what you're looking for, and if you care about putting a credit in the video details. Here's a few places to look at:

www.danosongs.com/
incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/
www.bensound.com/
http://freemusicarchive.org/curator/creative_commons/

I'm sure there's a bunch more, but those are a few to look at.
Or you can do it like most Youtubers and just use licensed music and have the copyright holders monetize your videos ;)

iNvid02

completed the main story missions back on PS3 in 2013 hoping for a speedy PC port (lol), so im only now seeing everything GTA V has to offer, and its just incredible, so much attention given to every facet of this game.

sat in trevor's truck watching a thunderstorm in the desert, it reminded me of red dead ;_:. but man V feels like a living breathing game world like no other.

as much as i would like a few more online heist packs to mess around with, some additional heist related story DLC would be preferable.

The Cowboy

Video of last nights shenanigans.

Quote this link to see. I'd not share with others at the moment please. I'll leave the video unlisted for a while as I'd like all GAF that want to watch, watch.

Believe me, it's worth a watch, but skip past all the boring parts. I started the video link at a cool spot, as a taste.

19:46 has a Gaffer riding the GAF Mobile onto my jet.

Use HOLA(Google Chrome addon) or any other little add on to let you switch countries easily for YT if you find the video is blocked. I won't make that mistake in the future. Only music from my buddy and that's it.

and if someone could .GIF where I've bookmarked, I'd be eternally greatful, I can't do it with what I use becuase the video is over 2 hours long. I'd reeeeeealllly appreciate it.
Neat video, was hoping you'd get the car on the jet :D.

Depends on what you're looking for, and if you care about putting a credit in the video details. Here's a few places to look at:

www.danosongs.com/
incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/
www.bensound.com/
http://freemusicarchive.org/curator/creative_commons/

I'm sure there's a bunch more, but those are a few to look at.
Or you can do it like most Youtubers and just use licensed music and have the copyright holders monetize your videos ;)

God Damn Carbon, thanks man, you knocked it out the park my friend. We getting into more shenanigans tonight?

Last night was the funnest time I've ever had with GTA Online,

I was trying to crash this into you, didn't work as well as I'd like. :p

Neat video, was hoping you'd get the car on the jet :D.
Yeah, I've done it before, just didn't capture it this time.

--------------------------------------------------------
You'll see I'm like the Genie from Alladin.

daninthemix

Has anyone had any luck in doing the single-player stock car racing? I can't see the icon and I've already completed the main story.

EDIT: oh, didn't realise you have to be a returning player from PS3/360

God Damn Carbon, thanks man, you knocked it out the park my friend. We getting into more shenanigans tonight?

Last night was the funnest time I've ever had with GTA Online

I will probably be back on sometime this evening for more shenaniganing.

I wonder if the Hydra is strong enough to pick up an Insurgent? I'm extremely tempted to pick up the one with the gun, but man I'd be poor afterward ($1.3 million).

I will probably be back on sometime this evening for more shenaniganing.

I wonder if the Hydra is strong enough to pick up an Insurgent? I'm extremely tempted to pick up the one with the gun, but man I'd be poor afterward ($1.3 million).

I haven an insurgent, but I can't call in a Hydra and Insurgent at the same time unfortunately, we'll need to find another Gaf Crew that has one to tag along.

Which is also an open invitation to anyone on GAF and in the Crew. Here is the link to my profile. Add me and give me your GAF and RSCC name in a message please so I know it's not just random.

Zoolader

I haven an insurgent, but I can't call in a Hydra and Insurgent at the same time unfortunately, we'll need to find another Gaf Crew that has one to tag along.

Which is also an open invitation to anyone on GAF and in the Crew. Here is the link to my profile. Add me and give me your GAF and RSCC name in a message please so I know it's not just random.

I'm getting on in a minute. Also use Licecap to make a simple gif of anything on your screen.

Top Bottom