• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

daninthemix

Escaping the five star wanted on the final heist was a pain in the arse. I eventually got out and hid in a bush. All the cops descended on the other two guys in the car and shot the hell out of it, but couldn't see my character (Michael). Lol.

I screwed up and did the most lucrative assassination mission before I earned the big payout, but managed to come back and do the rest for a total of around $300m per character. Enough to buy everything!

Man the second half of the campaign drags so much, suprise me because Rockstar writting is usually top notch.

Michael whining and scarsm is so repetitive, if he hates Trevor this much he should just like kill him or GTFO, seriouslly can't stand his dialogues anymore

I didn't think it was that bad, though the constant bickering between Mike and Trevor does start to get tiresome (but still funny at times). I loved how he acted like a starstruck little kid when dealing with Solomon.

Hi.
358FF220E07AD6E4F8B82E66858D3D0BF7D8CDBB

The Llama

Man the second half of the campaign drags so much, suprise me because Rockstar writting is usually top notch.

Michael whining and scarsm is so repetitive, if he hates Trevor this much he should just like kill him or GTFO, seriouslly can't stand his dialogues anymore

Just IMO, but while I liked the campaign a lot overall, I felt like after Trevor's introduction missions, the story is all over the place. I didn't think it dragged, but I felt like I would do a mission for X, then a mission for Y, then a mission for Z, then go back to X, then go to Z, etc. Maybe I'm just too used to the mission structure of the older GTA games (do a bunch of missions for X, then do a bunch for Y, etc.), but it felt like it was all over the place.

KHlover

Banned
Did you know Chop can drive?
2015-04-26_00003ltuqe.jpg

He also knows how to use a phone
2015-04-26_00001qouqz.jpg

Not pictured: His explosive bite which is strong enough to blow the Popo away.

SliChillax

How do I get some of the bonuses for returning players like the monster truck? Also my friend on PS3 has all the extra DLC vehicles in his garage when he selects the specials vehicles list, I don't.

Sarcasm

Man what is up with that fake difficulty increase if you have almost 0 flying skills?

I am doing the school thing. Parachute I can't gold but that is okay. I go to the crash landing one and how can a plane that big stop in less than 10m lol! If it doesn't I actually do the realistic keep rolling. But out of 10 tries 9 times I instantly stop right after the pier when I touch down. Really don't know how it is possible to stop in 10m after landing, but it does.

The helicopter? lol!!! At least I got bronze but shit thing is acting like it is in a wind tunnel. Got bronze on second attempt.

Now the formation one. Another freaking wind tunnel. wobble wobble webble wobble and they don't fall down.

Would it be better to just steal a jet and fly for hours to get my skill up cause atm I see no real gain trying to get through this.

Not to mention dealing with shitty combat, shitty health regen and shitty eating snack unless your behind a wall cause you stand up to eat like a moron. Some of these mechanics seem old or not really though through.

Exuro

Is it normal to get stuck in the sky viewing the city after a gta online job? Had to end the game via task manager.

Does the lung capacity stat not actually increase your time underwater? I've heard it's 100% useless.
It definitely does increase it, but it's still useless.

How do I get some of the bonuses for returning players like the monster truck? Also my friend on PS3 has all the extra DLC vehicles in his garage when he selects the specials vehicles list, I don't.
You get the monster truck by completing all of the stock car races.

your PS3 friend can access DLC vehicles because when Rockstar put in the DLC weapons and vehicles to console versions, they didn't integrate it into the game they just made it accessible for free. With the PC versions they put that all the content they made over the past year into the game in a way that it wouldn't be immediately accessible for new players, so that there wasn't a cache of weapons and vehicles available at rank 1 online, or at the beginning of offline story mode.

That's why you will see DLC cars driving around the map on PC but not in the original version, why you have to buy DLC cars on PC but in original version you get them for free, and why you unlock DLC weapons by playing through the story mode when in original version you'd just have them added to your inventory automatically.

edit: to sum it up if my point was convoluted - there is technically NO dlc for the PC version yet, since all the dlc they did make for the consoles is in the PC version as actual, integrated content.

jon_dojah

Banned
anyone else playing this with a gamepad + mouse combo?

i use the left side of my 360 pad for movement and my logitech g602 for aiming.. it helps to have 7 extra programmable buttons on the mouse

mouse obviously better for aiming and the analog stick better for pretty much everything else

I use Playstation Navigation controller in left hand and mouse in right hand. Great for movement shooting and driving while being really comfortable. I can even play laying on my back.

Effect

I really don't get why it's so hard for me to pick an apartment in Online. It's just a view out the window and really I doubt I'll even be bothering with it. The car space is what it is important. Yet I can't make up my mind. Looking at Del Perro 20 because it's cheaper then others and has a somewhat decent city street view out of one of the windows. I can use the other money on other stuff. However the view from Eclipse 40 looks really nice but a lot more expensive. There is usually so much stuff going on outside of it too while Del Perro is quieter and I don't have to go into passive right away from the few times I've logged out and back in there.

Anyone else having trouble deciding.

Etnos

Banned
I didn't think it was that bad, though the constant bickering between Mike and Trevor does start to get tiresome (but still funny at times). I loved how he acted like a starstruck little kid when dealing with Solomon.

yeah, I think I've should wrote "campaign dialogue drags", because I'm very much enjoying the game, mission design is the best ever in a GTA Game IMO.

Perhaps, the disconect comes from the fact that characters seem to hate their lifes and pretty much everything they do.. It is just a long chain of complains, the dialogue and attitude doesn't fit the cool stuff that's happening on the screen.

Explosions, flying trains, jumping of parachutes, cool action set pieces and... Michael be like "Gooosssh I hate my life"...

Just IMO, but while I liked the campaign a lot overall, I felt like after Trevor's introduction missions, the story is all over the place. I didn't think it dragged, but I felt like I would do a mission for X, then a mission for Y, then a mission for Z, then go back to X, then go to Z, etc. Maybe I'm just too used to the mission structure of the older GTA games (do a bunch of missions for X, then do a bunch for Y, etc.), but it felt like it was all over the place.

Yeah I agree, I not sure if I should blame the game for having a nonsensical plot, at the end its all about over the top action sequences, so I'm fine with whatever dumb ass plot to justify that. Thought yeah, after trevor intro it's just like hey whatever goes, they lost all cohesion.

As I comment before, my main issue is the disconect between characters and what's going on with the game, they don't seem to enjoy anything they do, all the do is complain about their lifes.

no one likes a negative nancy

yeah, I think I've should wrote "campaign dialogue drags", because I'm very much enjoying the game, mission design is the best ever in a GTA Game IMO.

Perhaps, the disconect comes from the fact that characters seem to hate their lifes and pretty much everything they do.. It is just a long chain of complains, the dialogue and attitude doesn't fit the cool stuff that's happening on the screen.

Explosions, flying trains, jumping of parachutes, cool action set pieces and... Michael be like "Gooosssh I hate my life"...

So he's dealing with mental issues. That's much better than Niko's "I just waned to escape the horrid, murderous life I was living before I got here. Oh hey, I have billions of dollars, but i couldn't possibly spend any of it on my cousin--guess I better murder a few thousand men to save him instead of shelling out a few bucks."

Etnos

Banned
So he's dealing with mental issues. That's much better than Niko's "I just waned to escape the horrid, murderous life I was living before I got here. Oh hey, I have billions of dollars, but i couldn't possibly spend any of it on my cousin--guess I better murder a few thousand men to save him instead of shelling out a few bucks."

Yeah but whatever deep character exploration they were going for... Is not happening, there is no deep message, no meaningful allegory, no social comentary behind Michael or Trevor relationship... It is all too transparent anyway.

Why not make it joyful? I would have take fun characters enjoying the fact they doing crazy stunts the whole game. Instead I'm stuck with a couple of obnoxious characters with a dialogue that is trying to tell some sort of pretentious fable.

Hearing Michael and Trevor talk is like hearing an old couple stuck in a unhappy marriage... not fun.

Sarcasm

Finally did one heist (nto entire). The one where you get a boat and board a carrier and than end up flying oh yeaaa.

Anyways, my car was impounded and I stole it - got away too. But my car is now missing when I go back on. Where is it?

Mohonky

Finally did one heist (nto entire). The one where you get a boat and board a carrier and than end up flying oh yeaaa.

Anyways, my car was impounded and I stole it - got away too. But my car is now missing when I go back on. Where is it?

I never could quite work out how the cars worked.

I lost a few vehicles over the course of the game and gave up on using custom rides to a fair degree. It's incredibly annoying to have to keep juggling and go back to impounds, or drop it back off at a garage etc.

I wish rockstar just did the same thing as Saints Row and you could collect any car back from any garage for a fee if i was totalled or damaged.

I know its more 'realistic for it to occupy a physical space etc, but its just fucking annoying and really put me off using them. I would purposefully not use my custom rides incase they went missing on a mission or I had to go back to the garage or impound all the time which really put a big dampener on using them.

Forkball

GTA crashed in the middle of the mission. I wanted to save, but a mission triggered when I went to Trevor's house. I just did like four set up missions. SAVE ME AUTOSAVE

i am having so much fun with this game right now, police were chasing me while i was in a tow truck and i backed up my truck into one of their cars and hooked him, dragging him along everywhere i went

good times

KHlover

Banned
GTA crashed in the middle of the mission. I wanted to save, but a mission triggered when I went to Trevor's house. I just did like four set up missions. SAVE ME AUTOSAVE

That's why you use Quicksave from your mobile phone after a mission :p

Seriously great feature, I've NEVER saved in my house after that tutorial mission. Waste of time to drive all the way back to the house when you can do it anywhere yyou want outside missons with your smartphone.

I never could quite work out how the cars worked.

I lost a few vehicles over the course of the game and gave up on using custom rides to a fair degree. It's incredibly annoying to have to keep juggling and go back to impounds, or drop it back off at a garage etc.

I wish rockstar just did the same thing as Saints Row and you could collect any car back from any garage for a fee if i was totalled or damaged.

I know its more 'realistic for it to occupy a physical space etc, but its just fucking annoying and really put me off using them. I would purposefully not use my custom rides incase they went missing on a mission or I had to go back to the garage or impound all the time which really put a big dampener on using them.
I think he is talking about online. In which case, that car is probably gone for good since there's currently a car losing bug that Rockstar are hopefully looking into. Call insurance company just in case it was destroyed though.

I'm fairly certain GTA Online is developed by one guy who has never played a multiplayer game before. It's so fucking shit it's unbelievable.

Derp

I'm fairly certain GTA Online is developed by one guy who has never played a multiplayer game before. It's so fucking shit it's unbelievable.
I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would. However it's extremely flawed in so many ways, there's no denying that.

On PS3 I never touched online. I had hundreds of hours poured into single player. Problem is there's only so much you can do after you finish the single player (unless you want to 100% the game and join the crazy reddit conspiracy theorists.
I honesty can't believe that sub-reddit still exists...

Exuro

Is there a fix for the
fib
heist crash? Whenever I torch the garbage truck and switch to michael it crashes.

Vuze

Is there a fix for the
fib
heist crash? Whenever I torch the garbage truck and switch to michael it crashes.
Turn the menu landing page on in the settings if you have it disabled. Fixed the crash for several users including myself. For whatever reason lol

SliChillax

It definitely does increase it, but it's still useless.

You get the monster truck by completing all of the stock car races.

your PS3 friend can access DLC vehicles because when Rockstar put in the DLC weapons and vehicles to console versions, they didn't integrate it into the game they just made it accessible for free. With the PC versions they put that all the content they made over the past year into the game in a way that it wouldn't be immediately accessible for new players, so that there wasn't a cache of weapons and vehicles available at rank 1 online, or at the beginning of offline story mode.

That's why you will see DLC cars driving around the map on PC but not in the original version, why you have to buy DLC cars on PC but in original version you get them for free, and why you unlock DLC weapons by playing through the story mode when in original version you'd just have them added to your inventory automatically.

edit: to sum it up if my point was convoluted - there is technically NO dlc for the PC version yet, since all the dlc they did make for the consoles is in the PC version as actual, integrated content.

I don't have the stock car races and I don't have some of the other stuff which is weird. I looked online where to find them but they're not on my map. Visited the locations and everything ugh... I played the game on PS3 online for a while. :/ this sucks at least give them to us as DLC.

Man what is up with that fake difficulty increase if you have almost 0 flying skills?

I am doing the school thing. Parachute I can't gold but that is okay. I go to the crash landing one and how can a plane that big stop in less than 10m lol! If it doesn't I actually do the realistic keep rolling. But out of 10 tries 9 times I instantly stop right after the pier when I touch down. Really don't know how it is possible to stop in 10m after landing, but it does.

The helicopter? lol!!! At least I got bronze but shit thing is acting like it is in a wind tunnel. Got bronze on second attempt.

Now the formation one. Another freaking wind tunnel. wobble wobble webble wobble and they don't fall down.

Would it be better to just steal a jet and fly for hours to get my skill up cause atm I see no real gain trying to get through this.

Not to mention dealing with shitty combat, shitty health regen and shitty eating snack unless your behind a wall cause you stand up to eat like a moron. Some of these mechanics seem old or not really though through.

There's really no way to get around the shitty flying aside from the Flights schools, which will help you gain in the stat faster, but it just sucks to do over and over again. to tell you the truth though, once you have about an hour of flight time it get's better by a lot, still not great but an improvement, I have about 3 hours of total flight time and it's fine now.

Help me, Gaf! My install of Windows hosed itself up and I had to reformat, which caused me to lose all my saves. I don't suppose anyone has a save file they'd care to share from about when
Trevor
shows up at
Michael's
place? I have the RSC version, if it matters. :(

Why is it GTAO freemode matchmaking NEVER puts me in a lobby with friends or the crew like it did on PS3? I never see anyone from PCGF around in free mode. Also, is it just me, or does absolutely noone play deathmatch online?

Is MM being funny, or is GTAO genuinely dead on PC?

Top Bottom