• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Franklin even respects Trevor more then Lamar...and Trevor is way crazier then Lamar

Lamar is the cliched "fuck everything up buddy" for nearly the entire story. Trevor is, of course, much crazier than Lamar, but any problems that he starts he takes care of. Lamar, on the other hand, creates problems that Franklin has to clean up, and then Lamar criticizes Franklin after cleaning them up.

Lamar is the Nigel Wes Dickins, Roman Bellic, Ken Rosenberg character of GTAV. The character who is supposed to be the loveable idiot who you are supposed to need but mostly don't, and the protagonist has a bizarre sense of dedication to. I actually love Lamar because his lines are funny and he can generally hold his own (unlike Wes Dickins and Cousin Roman), but he still fits that mold.

daninthemix

I was totally surprised that as Trevor I could hang out with Lamaar.

"Good seeing you, man" he said.
"You too Leeroy", replied Trev.

Herne

Is anyone having weird issues with controls? I set Right ALT to be my character switcher, but it kept bringing up the option to Start Recording or Turn On Action Replay. I changed it to a random key, period on the numpad, and that menu still pops up. The hell?

Oreoleo

Is anyone having weird issues with controls? I set Right ALT to be my character switcher, but it kept bringing up the option to Start Recording or Turn On Action Replay. I changed it to a random key, period on the numpad, and that menu still pops up. The hell?
It's the same overlay. Recording options are on the left, character switch is on the right

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Trevor stuff is doing nothing for me, and its not helping that you cant switch right now :/

Herne

It's the same overlay. Recording options are on the left, character switch is on the right

Not on mine, I only get the recording options.

Edit - It seems to be in certain areas, you cannot switch between characters. Only the recording options come up. I have no idea why. I just drove a little away and it came up again. Weird.

sunnz

I've played through the campaign of gta 3, vc, sa and IV multiple times yet for GTA V once was drag in its self, having 3 people made me care less about them all and not give a fuck, Really wish they go back to 1 only and make it more focused.

Online is really fun, love the heists except from shitty team mates dying too much or not being able to play it due to shitty reasons like connection or lag.

Salsa

I really wanna get into Online but the whole process of finding / joining a game etc etc is just super slow for me and it's basically just a lot of loading

it really puts me off so I think im done with the game for now, which is a real shame :/

I got 40 hours out of the single-player which is cool, tho.

I'll try online as I go playing other stuff but I was hoping to get really into it and it's just real messy

KHlover

Banned
GTA V annoys me right now. Played 10h without any problem, but when I tried playing the game today the game crashed with

"err_str_invalid_data_1"

after 10min or so multiple times. Checked file integrity with Steam but everything seems all right. Anyone got an idea?

I really wanna get into Online but the whole process of finding / joining a game etc etc is just super slow for me and it's basically just a lot of loading

it really puts me off so I think im done with the game for now, which is a real shame :/

I'll try online as I go playing other stuff but I was hoping to get really into it and it's just real messy

Awwwww.

You're not wrong about the loading part. GTA Online's trash heap of menus, multiple lobbies and interfaces don't really do it any favors. There's a lot of fun to be had in GTA Online, but without know how to get at that fun, it can be more work than it's worth.

Oreoleo

Dude yeah online is a real mess. Playing in free roam with friends can be really fun, just ignoring all the jobs and fucking around for hours and not having any loading screens. Or once you get into a good playlist for deathmatch or something and stick around for a while it's alright- unless you're with a friend in which case staying in the same lobby has been a headache for me so far.

But the way the online is designed- the way R* seemingly wants you to play- doing free roam and jumping in and out of different and various jobs, is a total pain in the ass and not enjoyable AT ALL. Really hope it gets some kind of streamlining patch down the way, you end up spending like 40% of your time on a loading screen and it's a really frustrating experience.

Damerman

Damn those
torture segments with trevor where really hard to play though.
I felt really sorry for the guy.
I would've like to just play as Michael that mission,the torture
felt a bit unnecessary.

it makes you wonder how people who actually do real life torturing mentally cope with themselves.

Salsa

Awwwww.

You're not wrong about the loading part. GTA Online's trash heap of menus, multiple lobbies and interfaces don't really do it any favors. There's a lot of fun to be had in GTA Online, but without know how to get at that fun, it can be more work than it's worth.

i'll go back, playing with you guys was fun, it's just that I look at the steam icon and I go "uuuuuuuhhhhh" and I end up launching Isaac Rebirth or something else because of the whole interface and ordeal

might also have to do with the fact that I played 42 hours of GTAV in 3 days, lol

Damerman

Trevor gets shit done though.

trevor is just unrealistic... his character is cool and all, but i'm just taken out of the game everytime i play a mission of his... One minute he is toppling a large drug ring, the next he is acting like he can't speak English in order to avoid confrontation with merryweather. It's entertaining, but the clash is still there.

so that whole Trevor introduction mission sure was something o_O

why does Rockstar treat The Lost like shit since GTA4 lol. Wasnt Johnny the guy you played in the DLC?

Did you play Lost and Damned?
The whole gang was a shambles by the end of it, what happened in V was just reality crashing down on it.
Depressing, but kinda expected.

2593.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Salsa

Portman wants to do some organized Crew stuff with NeoGANG, that might keep me going with MP, would make things easier

mtlam

Trying to find people to play heists is a nightmare. Can't even do the 2nd heist finale without someone fucking it up.

Portman wants to do some organized Crew stuff with NeoGANG, that might keep me going with MP, would make things easier
It's the best way to enjoy it. Trying to find a lobby and doing heist with randoms is just pure nightmare. You get a group and they either don't know how to play or they just quit before even attempting to finish the mission. Not to mention 90% of them don't communicate at all. Online is a lot of fun if you just gang up with GAF members.

BIGWORM

Is there a Teamspeak or something for this group? I'm looking to do some heists but that's impossible with pugs. =/

Dr.Acula

Banned
is it just me...it seems like Franklin respects Michael alot more than his own best friend, Lamar?

It's like anything. Franklin and Lamar have probably known each other since they were kids (at least teens), how much are you gonna respect your goofy best friend?

Michael and Trevor are a generation older and experienced heist artists, something Lamar and Franklin were just starting to dabble in as repo men. Even Lamar likes Trevor (you can phone Lamar as Trevor and they hang out together, it's pretty funny).

Lamar's a fucking moron anyway, probably the most stupid character in the game after that girl.. tonysha or something ? The one you do the tow truck missions with

Portman

It's the best way to enjoy it. Trying to find a lobby and doing heist with randoms is just pure nightmare. You get a group and they either don't know how to play or they just quit before even attempting to finish the mission. Not to mention 90% of them don't communicate at all. Online is a lot of fun if you just gang up with GAF members.

I'm brainstorming some ideas for what to do and will see what I can put together as a rough draft tomorrow for a thread so that we can organize some sessions with a central location.

Quick question - how do I join the crew that is mentioned in the OP?

What is your name on the social club? I wasn't sure who to add out of the ones on there.

Kama_1082

Banned
Game is running god awful for me. I'm running everything on high with a i5 4690 and a 790 GTX and the thing is a fucking slide show with massive pop in and floating cars. What fucking gives? FRAPS is showing dips in the teens.

JackHerer

Driving a motorcycle up a mountain in first person at high frame rates on my 1440p 144hz gsync monitor is one of the most awesome gaming experiences I've ever had. Godly.

Sarcasm

Guys after trying online and dealing with buggy heists.

Online sucks. What really shines is their lack of thought and creativity.

I mean your in a gun fight dealing with the shitty combat and you eat a snack.

So what do you do? You stand straight up and eat a candy bar or whatever for like almost a minute. Lol seriously.

And most of the heists bug out, which most do.

Not to mention load times, freaking peer to peer and other basic features.

Single player is at least redeeming.

Guys after trying online and dealing with buggy heists.

So what do you do? You stand straight up and eat a candy bar or whatever for like almost a minute. Lol seriously.

And most of the heists bug out, which most do.

Not to mention load times, freaking peer to peer and other basic features.

Single player is at least redeeming.
Let's play. I'll change your mind. You host a private match and send me an invite to help with the lag reduction substantially.

I have all the fun toys.

I can also host heists.pretty steadily too as in I've never dropped players.

jediyoshi

I'm so sick of all these multiplayer games where you eat candy bars or whatever to regenerate health. It's basically its own genre at this point.

I'm so sick of all these multiplayer games where you eat candy bars or whatever to regenerate health. It's basically its own genre at this point.

It is its own genre. But yeah, not really seeing that as a valid complaint. If you aren't stocking up on body armor at the beginning of every match I have no pity. You can also put body armor on in a fight in the quick menu. AND if you switch your action to eat candy bar you can now have regenerating health on a key.

Sarcasm

It is its own genre. But yeah, not really seeing that as a valid complaint. If you aren't stocking up on body armor at the beginning of every match I have no pity. You can also put body armor on in a fight in the quick menu. AND if you switch your action to eat candy bar you can now have regenerating health on a key.

Which you stand up to eat like a doofus lol. Stuck in the 90's haha!

I mean I can freakin eat a snack in real life while in cover crouched. I would never stand up like an idiot to especially munch on a candy bar for like 40 seconds while people shooting at me.

Which you stand up to eat like a doofus lol. Stuck in the 90's haha!

I mean I can freakin eat a snack in real life while in cover crouched. I would never stand up like an idiot to especially munch on a candy bar for like 40 seconds while people shooting at me.

Maybe on some snacks, but on most just put your back on the nearest wall (play in first person if you haven't already) and then eat, you'll skip the animation and gain the benefits of a sliver of health per click. Problem solved. Go have fun. I know for a fact it works with P and Q's while in a car.

Cop Killing Rampages are fun.

Maybe on some snacks, but on most just put your back on the nearest wall (play in first person if you haven't already) and then eat, you'll skip the animation and gain the benefits of a sliver of health per click. Problem solved. Go have fun. I know for a fact it works with P and Q's while in a car.

Putting yourself in cover to skip the animation works for all health-regenerating snacks.

Rockstar love their canned animations. Cover eating is the new instant skinning from Red Dead.

Top Bottom