• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 75th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders | June 26, 10 a.m. JST

Terrell

How long after the meeting do we typically get the Q&A translations?

Ōkami;169392620 said:
Do we know what's the relation of Banjo (can't believe that's his actual name) and Hiroshi Yamuchi?

Wikipedia says he had only one son and two daughters, and Katzuhito is already there.
I think Banjo is Hiroshi Yamauchi's grandson.

If there is even a mention of anything nx related i will be happy

You're probably going to be in luck. If you track backwards to 2014, every investor meeting but one had something partially or fully related to the topic.

1. set up an account with a brokerage (e.g. schwab, eTrade, whatever you want).

2. transfer money into the account from your bank.

3. buy shares.

Right now is probably not a great time to buy. they can sink a little lower still, and I don't think there are any great announcements coming from them until NX stuff. Unless mobile does huge for them I don't see the stock making much of a gain on positive earnings.
The best time to buy would have been before the DeNA announcement when their stock value nearly doubled.

RMI

Banned
Well the stock did go up quite a lot when the mobile partnership was announced.

yeah the announcement was big for them, but right now their stock value is based on speculation more than performance. There's potential for a big downside there if expectations aren't met. When are they actually releasing some mobile games? End of the year in Japan?

Terrell

yeah the announcement was big for them, but right now their stock value is based on speculation more than performance. There's potential for a big downside there if expectations aren't met. When are they actually releasing some mobile games? End of the year in Japan?

That is the committed timeframe, yes.

A director from outside NCL would be grand.

Decentralize power from NCL, restore NoA and NoE autonomy and rebuild Nintendo's western development division would be even better.

Yes, a western member on the board would give the global company touch Nintendo needs right now. They're way too much japanese-centric for their own sake. Unfortunately, given how much power, control and influence Iwata holds on Nintendo's board of directors and shareholders, is very unlikely he'll be removed or a substantial change of direction will take place.

RMI

Banned
That is the committed timeframe, yes.

cool, i'm very curious to see what their stock does. I used to have some but sold it in late January after a positive earnings call did nothing for the stock value (in fact it dropped pretty dramatically the day after earnings). Of course if I had just held onto it I would have been laughing all the way to the bank after the mobile announcement.

My mistake was not sticking to my original plan, which was to hold the stock until they made lightning strike again. I've always believed that Nintendo is a company capable of hitting huge home runs, and they still might again (in fact I'm confident they will) but I just don't expect it to happen anytime soon, and would rather just invest that money somewhere else (which is what I did with the money from selling them, and I did alright on it).

Anyway, I might buy them again still haha, but if I can I'd like to do it in the $18-19 range.

Kingven

I have one of these... can i attend the meeting? XD

OLTEEYol.jpg

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Today is the day. I'm hoping a Twitter user will be among those who are at the meeting.

Don't know why they don't have a webcast.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Hopefully, something spicy really comes out of this meeting. Even just one tidbit about one of the most recurring arguments (NX, IP partnerships, membership service, DLC sales, digital overall, mobile) would be enough.

Are we really sure we could get such tidbits from the shareholder meeting, though?

jholmes

How long did it take to get details from the meeting last time? I seem to recall no one was live-tweeting last time, at least not in English.

How long did it take to get details from the meeting last time? I seem to recall no one was live-tweeting last time, at least not in English.

Twitter user NStyles usually live-tweets and Cheesemeister, as per usual, translates. That's the way it was last year, at least. We were getting updates, pretty quickly, too.

-Horizon-

Didn't realize it was only a few hours away. Wonder if we get any little tidbit of info on NX. Probably a wait till 2016 lol

Scum

Hopefully, something spicy really comes out of this meeting. Even just one tidbit about one of the most recurring arguments (NX, IP partnerships, membership service, DLC sales, digital overall, mobile) would be enough.

Are we really sure we could get such tidbits from the shareholder meeting, though?

I want something juicy about the membership service.

Maggots

Banned

OLTEEYol.jpg

Now, I have stock in nintendo but purchased through share builder/capital one... but it would be quite awesome to have an actual share (or 50) on legit paper like that... how did you go about getting that?

fernoca

Still feels funny. All this years, and here we are...excited about a shareholders meeting! XD

I do hope tbat some don't expect Direct-like announcements. :p

Still feels funny. All this years, and here we are...excited about a shareholders meeting! XD

I do hope tbat some don't expect Direct-like announcements. :p

Zelda Wii U December 2015
NX Spring 2016
Metroid Prime NX Launch Title
Smash Bros. 5 Launch
Super Mario Galaxy 3
Gamecube VC + Super Mario Sunshine HD

Only the minor stuff, really. Hah.

Honestly, though, I think the majority of people that follow these things know the kind of information we get from them. I think it's one of the few times that Nintendo hype is kept in check.

Sterok

How often do we get big.interesting news from these? Are we going to get something substantial, or are people almost certainly setting themselves up for disappointment?

Geg

This is the same thing that had all the weird questions from shareholders who don't know what video games are last year right? Should be fun

RMI

Banned

OLTEEYol.jpg

well that's pretty nifty. I bought some Nintendo against what I said previously in this thread because I am a fool and also can't stand looking at uninvested money in my brokerage account. today was quite good for them so hopefully tomorrow continues on that path.

jmizzal

That new Pokemeon MMO isn't just going to announce itself!

Its interesting that no main Pokemon game was announced this year, if the NX is going to play all games, rather if its a hybrid console or NX handheld and NX home console, the mainline Pokemon game will be on the home console for the first time.

They wont have to go graphics heavy either just similar to DQ X graphics.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Here is what Nintendo is saying about upcoming Business Issues that need to be addressed.

A new game business, which utilizes game characters and other Nintendo IP on smart devices, will start rolling out this year, with the distribution of gaming applications for smart devices to begin before the end of the year. As control methods and game play environments differ between dedicated video game platforms and smart devices, even if the same IP is used for both platforms, the games will not be the same; they will be optimized for each platform. In this way, Nintendo will maximize the value of its IP by encouraging a broader audience to experience its appeal and drive the expansion of the gaming population.

For Nintendo IP, a more active approach will be taken in areas outside the video game business, including visual content production and character merchandising. By flexibly selecting the optimal method of communication for each individual IP in order to increase visibility for a wider audience, a certain level of revenue from the IP licensing business is expected and at the same time we aim to increase the number of opportunities for more consumers to become familiar with our games. As a specific example of such efforts, Nintendo entered into a basic agreement with Universal Parks & Resorts (U.S.), which operates the theme park “Universal Studios,” on theme park-related projects utilizing Nintendo IP. Although the specific timeframe and detailed description will be provided at a later date, Nintendo will strive to increase the value and recognition of Nintendo IP by offering unique and engaging experiences based on the characters and the world of Nintendo games that can only be experienced at theme parks.

Moreover, by redefining entertainment as something that “improves people’s QOL (Quality of Life) in enjoyable ways,” Nintendo aims to deploy a new platform business that improves people’s QOL in enjoyable ways in a new area that is different from that of dedicated video game systems. For the QOL business, a unique approach will be taken by utilizing Nintendo’s strength as an entertainment company.

The Company group will continue to make progress with these efforts with the support and encouragement of the shareholders.

Here is what Nintendo is saying about upcoming Business Issues that need to be addressed.

I've said it quite a bit in the past, but despite floundering on the Wii U front, these past couple years have been very important for Nintendo and their fans. What Reggie said during their Digital Event was that they're transforming, and it's true. They're starting to take notice that in order to keep their business alive, they can't rest their laurels on game consoles and software. Sony and Microsoft have business ventures outside of the industry, and I think it's very important for Nintendo to do the same.

Guevara

It's almost July, if Nintendo is really going to start launching mobile games by the end of this year we should hear more soon.

Haines

Banned
Keep hype in check guys.

At most we will get a couple generic qoutes of the direction Nintendo wants to go that want even come to fruition for years.

That said I'm interested to see what we learn and optimistic that Nintendo has learned from the mistakes lately.

Terrell

Today is the day. I'm hoping a Twitter user will be among those who are at the meeting.

Don't know why they don't have a webcast.

Probably because it's a meeting for investors and they web conference foreign investors in via private means. It's not an event for us and never will be.

Who's getting fired today?

Well, one of their directors ends his term on the executive board as of the end of this past fiscal year, so...

I almost forgot about this meeting. This should be interesting! Admittedly I want to know more about what character merchandising they'll be doing.
Official Ridley plushie let's go

ZhugeEX

Banned
I've said it quite a bit in the past, but despite floundering on the Wii U front, these past couple years have been very important for Nintendo and their fans. What Reggie said during their Digital Event was that they're transforming, and it's true. They're starting to take notice that in order to keep their business alive, they can't rest their laurels on game consoles and software. Sony and Microsoft have business ventures outside of the industry, and I think it's very important for Nintendo to do the same.

I agree, however I'd like to see what exactly Nintendo plan to do in these other sectors first. As of right now I don't have a huge amount of confidence in how they're approaching this transformation.

But I can't judge before I've seen the plans and implementation.

Any guesses on what kinds of graphs they'll use? I'm really hoping for some bar graphs, but line graphs would blow me away.

Keep talking.....

Scum

Probably because it's a meeting for investors and they web conference foreign investors in via private means. It's not an event for us and never will be.

Well, one of their directors ends his term on the executive board as of the end of this past fiscal year, so...
Hino on the Board...

Top Bottom