• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2- Planetsized Battlefield now on Ps4

Got as far as making a character, but yeah, the servers aren't up it seems.

So how do vehicles work in this game? Can I spawn one right off that bat, or do I have to go out and find one in the world?

Yeah look for a terminal with a ground vehicle icon or an air vehicle. There you can spawn a vehicle but it costs resources. The more outposts your faction holds the faster you gain resources for that stuff. Different outposts boost different resource production

There will also be vehicles littered around home base and outposts

Got as far as making a character, but yeah, the servers aren't up it seems.

So how do vehicles work in this game? Can I spawn one right off that bat, or do I have to go out and find one in the world?
There are stations near the bases where you spawn your vehicles from. There are also stations where you change your class (infantry, heavy ect). There are also two different stations for spawning vehicles. One for tanks, jeeps ect and one for airships.

Appreciate the effort shmoglish. I'm not connected online at the moment but I'll definitely download this when I'm back up and running. What faction is best to join initially?

BShadowJ

So I just installed the NA client. Now I have both installed... lol. At least I can play with NA folks!

Also, someone is apparently playing on Palos server because there 100% players on New Conglomerate... x)

Arrrammis

Here's the results from the survey
NA: Server: Genudine Faction: Vanu Sovereignty
EU: Server: Ceres Faction: Vanu Sovereignty

(I just decided to call it since it finally finished downloading for me :p)

Dragoshi1

Yeah look for a terminal with a ground vehicle icon or an air vehicle. There you can spawn a vehicle but it costs resources. The more outposts your faction holds the faster you gain resources for that stuff. Different outposts boost different resource production

There will also be vehicles littered around home base and outposts

There are stations near the bases where you spawn your vehicles from. There are also stations where you change your class (infantry, heavy ect). There are also two different stations for spawning vehicles. One for tanks, jeeps ect and one for airships.

Thanks, guys, in these larger battlefield type games, I always go for the Tanks, I'm not usually a huge fan of being an Infantry while there are all of these sweet vehicles lying around.

Also, joining the Vanu, I saw a ship in there that I was interested in.

v1lla21

Wtf no more space in my PS4 so the game won't DL remotely -_- now I gotta wait till I get home. I play as medic BTW.

Afrodium

Banned
I'll check it out, but I'll probably end up going back to The Witcher 3 before long. Add me and maybe I'll keep at it.

PSN: Afrodium

shinn623

Then it's decided. Who's setting up the platoon stuff?

I feel like Vanu might be the more popular amongst general population. Would rather have been one of the other two factions (NC preferably), but alas results are results.

Add me folks.

PSN: Heaven-Assassin1
Region NA (PST, but whatever region works for me).
Faction: Vanu (preferably NC if enough want to still go NC).

OnADock

Banned
Wtf, is there really no tutorial? It just threw me into a match. No idea what to do.

Well done.
If it's anything like the pc version there should be a tutorial in the menus. Or try at one of the computer terminals in the warp gate Mabey?

Anyone else having troubles seeing the differences between allies & enemies? I've shot allies and been shot by allies. It's a bit annoying.

zedge

Finally got in.

The dS4 light changing to the color of your faction is cool lol. Never noticed this before.

*edit

Lag is so bad. Unplayable right now.

DamnBoxes

Waiting for that Genudine server to pop back up!

PSN ID --> Damn-Boxes
Region --> NA
Server --> Genudine
Faction --> Vanu
Planet Name --> DamnBoxes

KageMaru

PSN: Kagemaru10g
US EST
Guessing Vanu since that seems to be the most popular here?

I've been waiting so long for this to release, almost done downloading!

Top Bottom