• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney) Import Thread | Eat your fish and chips

Nachos

guess im going to have to start learning Japanese :<

Any good books/websites for a complete beginner?
Tae Kim for grammar, Steve Kauffman for general language acquisition tips, and Anki's core decks for grinding kanji memorization. GAF also has a thread about it, but I haven't had the chance to rummage through it yet.

I just recently started myself, since I don't have much to do this summer.

Joqu

I was pretty convinced of a localization announcement this time so I gotta say I'm starting to feel negative about it now

I just wish that whenever someone brings up bothering Capcom about localizing it wasn't met by such apathy around the internet, even if you're sure they're gonna bring it over it doesn't hurt to give them a little push

Assuming there aren't any plans yet it's gonna be too late by the time fans start to care from the looks of it :l

MrBadger

I was pretty convinced of a localization announcement this time so I gotta say I'm starting to feel negative about it now

I just wish that whenever someone brings up bothering Capcom about localizing it wasn't met by such apathy around the internet, even if you're sure they're gonna bring it over it doesn't hurt to give them a little push

Assuming there aren't any plans yet it's gonna be too late by the time fans start to care from the looks of it :l

This especially bothers me because there are a handful of games that have been localised because of fan petitions (like a Digimon one recently, so I heard) and moronic Metroid fans aren't shy about signing a stupid petition to try and get Federation Force cancelled. Why should fans of a series feel bad for trying to support a game they want, when fans of another are blindly trying to erase a game they don't want? Sometimes it feels like social media can only be used for negativity.

Genki I and II were what I used starting out, way back when. Not perfect, but pretty great compared to most other intro books. I studied abroad at the university where they were written, and they're actually written with study abroad students in mind, but it's not a big deal if you're not. The two Genki books are about 4 semesters worth of material together, or one year if you really push.

After that, you'll need an intermediate book of some sort. I used the one they used at my study abroad, so unfortunately no help for you there. I've used &#20013;&#32026;&#12434;&#23398;&#12412;&#12358; but by the time I began using it, it was too easy.

After that, I'd say Kanji in Context (with the two work books) and these grammar dictionaries. I've got &#20013;&#32026;&#12363;&#12425;&#19978;&#32026;&#12408;&#12398;&#26085;&#26412;&#35486; (which is great) and &#26085;&#26412;&#35486;&#32207;&#12414;&#12392;&#12417;&#21839;&#38988;&#38598;&#65298;&#32026; as higher level textbooks, but at this point in ones studies, I think it's just better to study kanji and read real books.

The site reviewing the dictionaries, Tofugu, is a good beginner's resource too. You can't beat being in a class though.

This especially bothers me because there are a handful of games that have been localised because of fan petitions (like a Digimon one recently, so I heard) and moronic Metroid fans aren't shy about signing a stupid petition to try and get Federation Force cancelled. Why should fans of a series feel bad for trying to support a game they want, when fans of another are blindly trying to erase a game they don't want? Sometimes it feels like social media can only be used for negativity.

After slogging through AA5 recently, I'm glad I have the option of just playing the Japanese game. Even if it does get localized, which seems more and more unlikely, Capcom will hamburger it all up.

MrBadger

God, I hope there's one miracle left for announcements this year!

I want this so bad.

tumblr_m1ksnec8K11rq14m7o1_500.jpg

After slogging through AA5 recently, I'm glad I have the option of just playing the Japanese game. Even if it does get localized, which seems more and more unlikely, Capcom will hamburger it all up.

Sadly I don't have that option. It would seriously be impossible for Capcom to try and say this game was set in America in their localisation, but maybe that's just more supporting evidence to the fact they're never localising it. I see your point though, if they tried to localise it that way they might as well just not localise it at all.

I'm starting to think that Capcom won't localize any Ace Attorney game unless it's a main numbered installment by this point.

There's still hope for a fan translation like what happened to Investigations 2 though.

Did Dual Destinies sell that bad that they're not even considering a digital release for this?

It's more like Capcom gonna capcom.

Dual destinies topped the charts for the UK eshop for weeks.

edit: In fact, it's still the top selling Non nintendo eshop game for the UK store, with only 3 retail games above it, (Super Mario 3D Land, Animal Crossing New Leaf, and Link between worlds), and those have been console bundled titles or even given out for free at points, inflating the download numbers of some, if not all, of those titles.

Capcom gonna capcom

Did Dual Destinies sell that bad that they're not even considering a digital release for this?
Dual Destinies sold well. Capcom already stated they set higher than normal expectations for it, and it met those expectations. There's no reason for Capcom to be ignoring this game.

Thoraxes

Capcom ninjas are more forward thinking than I thought. I know they go hard after YouTube, didn't realize they did the same for Twitch archives.

Thanks for the reminder, though - I'll remove that link.
Ah damn, that's a shame!

JimPanzer

I began about half a year ago and really liked TextFugu (finished by now). It's not as tedious as many textbook and IMO has pretty good pacing in the beginning. The first one or two seasons are free. It leaves you at a very low intermediate level though; to get through a game you'll definitely need some other ressources. Most consider the Genki books the best out there, but they can get reaaaally boring at times. I really like "Japanese the Manga Way". While it's definitely not something for a total beginner, it's really nice to see all the concepts you've previously learned being explained with real-world manga. It helped me immensely with recalling everything I've learned up to this point.
For Kanji learning I use WaniKani (https://www.wanikani.com/). Sure, using your own Anki decks is cheaper, but WaniKani is very convenient and nice to look at.

Wanderer5

Dual Destinies sold well. Capcom already stated they set higher than normal expectations for it, and it met those expectations. There's no reason for Capcom to be ignoring this game.

It probably cause while they feel fine with the main series and Phoenix Wright, it might not be the same with this spinoff sadly. Investigations might have really screw things up non main series wise, and this is with a completely new cast of characters.

Sakura

I imagine this game in particular might be difficult to localise. Not like you can just change some names around and pretend it is America.

Nyoro SF

Dunno why Capcom is so stingy with this series, but it's obvious that the decisions they make in regards to it aren't influenced by anything other than sales. So there's no point in raising a storm.

I'll give it 6 months from now and if no announcement I'll just import the game.
Didn't know Capcom was regressing back into SEGA territory with Japanese game releases lol

Sakura

They could just emphasize that it's a spin-off and everyone will be happy.

They could. But then there is still the descendant blah blah blah stuff to deal with. Though they could just write it out and pretend they are unrelated.
In either case, I imagine the lengths they go through to Americanise the other games, is because they don't think a Japanese setting will sell in the first place, so that could put them off localising it.

They could. But then there is still the descendant blah blah blah stuff to deal with. Though they could just write it out and pretend they are unrelated.
In either case, I imagine the lengths they go through to Americanise the other games, is because they don't think a Japanese setting will sell in the first place, so that could put them off localising it.
Also, remember what (minor case 1 spoiler)
Jazelle said about the Japanese language and how she went so far as to use a translator at first, despite knowing the language, due to how much she apparently hated it?
Things like that would be hard to get across when the dialog's in English.

tei15

Jazelle said about the Japanese language and how she went so far as to use a translator at first, despite knowing the language, due to how much she apparently hated it?

Though they can make her French instead of English, name her Gisèle and then this whole scene is going to look even more convincing :D

It probably cause while they feel fine with the main series and Phoenix Wright, it might not be the same with this spinoff sadly. Investigations might have really screw things up non main series wise, and this is with a completely new cast of characters.

I imagine this game in particular might be difficult to localise. Not like you can just change some names around and pretend it is America.
I think most AA fans would not feel put off by the new cast, and the (mostly) European setting shouldn't require any alteration at all.

I also think due to new gameplay elements, this game stands to attract a bunch of new players plus I think would be critically well received. (They're always saying how AA needs to shake things up, so here's a perfect example of that.)

wrowa

They could just emphasize that it's a spin-off and everyone will be happy.

They could also just stop pretending that Ace Attorney is set in America. It was a decision that kiiiind of made sense in the DS era, when it was possible that you somehow struck gold in the casual audience. However, this didn't happen and what remains is first and foremost a very dedicated fanbase that is completely aware of the fact that AA actually takes place in Japan.

Lusankya

Can you change
her nationality, or is it important for her to be English?
In general this happens all the time when translating stuff to another language and it's not a big deal. The Japanese players at the same time need to accept that all people in the British Empire are speaking Japanese. Of course in the game it's actually English and just translated for convenience, but they won't see when Ryu and Susato are switching between Japanese and English.

They could also just stop pretending that Ace Attorney is set in America. It was a decision that kiiiind of made sense in the DS era, when it was possible that you somehow struck gold in the casual audience. However, this didn't happen and what remains is first and foremost a very dedicated fanbase that is completely aware of the fact that AA actually takes place in Japan.

They can just say that some member of the Naruhudo family emigrated to the US between 1910 and 2000.

Can you change
her nationality, or is it important for her to be English?

It's very important. Spoilers for case 1.

The crux of that first case, and the theme at large across the game, is about the tepid relationship shared between Japan and Great Britain during the period. They're pulling from a lot of real life events and history for this.

The whole thing is that she's a study abroad student, and there's significant pressure from the government to have the case solved soon so that it doesn't reflect poorly on them and fuck up the friendly relationship Japan and Britain share.

I can see this whole game being difficult to handle in lieu of the choices made when localizing the rest of the series.

Swamped

Banned

I completely agree! But perhaps the Layton vs Ace Attorney sales are also a factor in their decision? Apparently that game didn't do quite as well as they wanted in the west. And that game was localized almost two years after its release.

Finished Case 2. Great case, I loved it. It started off slow but once we got to the ending segment it started taking off. Already is a very memorable case as it is the first in the main series to
not have a trial
. The ending in particular setting up the rest of the game had an amazing feel and tone to it and really got me liking Susato, Holmes, and Hosonaga.

I loved the way how this case took the player's expectations of the Sherlock Holmes story of the Speckled Band and ran away with them. It took me for a ride that I didn't really appreciate until all was finished. We're solving the case and I'm thinking to myself, "Wow, really?
Death by tripping on a kitten? For such an important character?
" But then the case shifts after finding new facts so now it goes in the opposite way until I didn't know where we were going to end up. The case repeatedly shifts your expectations between
"was it an accident or was it murder?"
half a dozen times so I didn't know what was happening.

Looking at back at the witnesses for this case,
Nicomina must've danced the ever loving CRAP out of that boat to get the entire crew on her side enough to drug all the passengers and stow away in every person's room through the night to unlock every door before the passengers woke up the next morning. And Meatloaf Stroganoff (best name) is some other level of crazy entirely. He's either obsessed or a pedophile for how far he friggin' went for her. Framing a total stranger so he's considered a killer just to protect some one that danced for your group a year ago or something? Jesus Christ man. Thankfully he had the guts to realize what a scumbag he was acting like and turned himself in. As an aside, is it bad I was waiting for a big twist to be that the kitten was eaten by the snake? Where did that cat go anyway?

I'm really enjoying how Naruhodo and Sherlock are interacting. They are balancing between being a comedic pair with Sherlock being the joker with Naruhodo being the foil, to them loving solving mysteries so much during the Deduction segments they're posing and goofing off, to them covering each other during the more serious segments as the case wound down. The best though is how they are both flawed geniuses in different ways and they cover each others' flaws. Sherlock is an eccentric genius that solves cases with his wild imagination, but it's too wild so while he can make accurate observations he can get easily distracted which can sway them off course, which Naruhodo helps out by subtly correcting him during his deductions. Naruhodo is a genius but too afraid to be more assertive or unpredictable, which Sherlock covers by just being willing to do what he wants and act outside of the rules. On top of that, he just gets along with Naruhodo and Susato so naturally that it actually kinda felt like we were back with Gumshoe, if Gumshoe was a secret super-genius. Naruhodo and Sherlock come off as respecting each other as peers, which is night and day compared to how Layton VS Phoenix Wright handled their cross over.

The ending of the case made the episode for me. Particularly how Naruhodo handles everything that has happened and will happen going forward.
Him speaking to Nicomina at the end was incredible because he came off angry, but knew he had to let it go because it was an accident. Yet he still lost his best friend over such a senseless, pointless reason. He forgave her but it seemed really hard for him to do, which is such a realistic and believable attitude to have after all that happened. "Your actions took a man's life and you will never be able to take that back. Don't ever forget that". And then there's him resolving to be a lawyer to carry on Asogi's dream, to protect Susato's, and for his own dreams. That gives so much weight, meaning, and purpose to Naruhodo's efforts and to him as a character. Freaking awesome.

Really funny moments throughout like:
-
Seeing Sherlock crawling or hanging on random furniture as you are looking through rooms.
-
Sherlock losing his shit constantly over how bizarre snakes are.
-
Every instance of the Susato Throw.
But the funniest is finding out from Asogi that his sword, passed down through his family for generations is named,

And while we're on the subject of cases on ships,
I'm shipping Susato and Naruhodo super hard. They're adorable together, especially once she warmed up to him at the end of the case.

I'm really enjoying this game. Every case could be terrible and I wouldn't care, I'm loving this cast and their interactions too much.

Lusankya

Great post Magnet Man. Even for me who avoids spoilers it's a really good read and just makes me want to play the game even more.

I hope you can cover the other cases in a similar way, although considering we didn't get any coverage of case 5, everything regarding this case would be a spoiler I guess. :eek:

GSR

Just played through case three on stream. When I have time tomorrow I really need to do a thorough write-up of my impressions so far, but, uh, immediate reaction: what the hell?

Hopeford

I'm really enjoying how Naruhodo and Sherlock are interacting. They are balancing between being a comedic pair with Sherlock being the joker with Naruhodo being the foil, to them loving solving mysteries so much during the Deduction segments they're posing and goofing off, to them covering each other during the more serious segments as the case wound down. The best though is how they are both flawed geniuses in different ways and they cover each others' flaws. Sherlock is an eccentric genius that solves cases with his wild imagination, but it's too wild so while he can make accurate observations he can get easily distracted which can sway them off course, which Naruhodo helps out by subtly correcting him during his deductions. Naruhodo is a genius but too afraid to be more assertive or unpredictable, which Sherlock covers by just being willing to do what he wants and act outside of the rules. On top of that, he just gets along with Naruhodo and Susato so naturally that it actually kinda felt like we were back with Gumshoe, if Gumshoe was a secret super-genius. Naruhodo and Sherlock come off as respecting each other as peers, which is night and day compared to how Layton VS Phoenix Wright handled their cross over.

This has got me more hyped about the game than anything else ever could. Thanks for that post! That's something I thought really was missing in Layton vs PW. They weren't rivals but they weren't really colleagues either. I mean they were friends but each kinda did his own thing and they more or less just happened to be on the same spot.

Going to go on about importing it now, just gotta figure out if I can make my 3DS run region free games or if I should just resign myself to using my gf's 3ds for it.

Gonna be interesting going through this game in Japanese...I kinda went through Investiations 2 in Japanese, but I cheated by checking subtitled uploads of the case someone had uploaded back then to make sure I was getting the story right.

Just played through case three on stream. When I have time tomorrow I really need to do a thorough write-up of my impressions so far, but, uh, immediate reaction: what the hell?
Can confirm. I was like, "I don't see what's so 'what the hell?'-worthy about this case..."

Then that happened...

Still on Case 3. I... I... I... I'm stumped. (Spoilers, naturally):
I'm stuck on Gina's (first? Dunno if there are others yet) testimony. I pressed everything before admitting I'm stumped, of course. I... I... AAAAAAAAAAAAH. I'll keep on thinking about it I suppose.

FINALLY GOT IT

Noticed the dude coughing when pressing everything again.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

EDIT2: Just two things:

1) I'm not stuck anymore thank god.
2) HOLY SHIT WHAT THE HELL?

Okay, I'm genuinely stuck on case 3 now. Seeing that other people here have beaten it, if anybody can help that would be great. Part I'm stuck at:
I'm stuck on the testimony where the two dudes are all like, "Pfft, like we dropped the body through the skylight. If we did, prove it bruh!" and I'm like, stumped and shit. :( I learned that the skylight can be opened but they just went "So what? We didn't know and if we didn't know then we couldn't open it and if we couldn't open it we couldn't have dropped the body down." Like... fuck. I've resorted to presenting random pieces of evidence at random times for the first time this game and I've gotten nowhere.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Okay, I'm genuinely stuck on case 3 now. Seeing that other people here have beaten it, if anybody can help that would be great. Part I'm stuck at:
I'm stuck on the testimony where the two dudes are all like, "Pfft, like we dropped the body through the skylight. If we did, prove it bruh!" and I'm like, stumped and shit. :( I learned that the skylight can be opened but they just went "So what? We didn't know and if we didn't know then we couldn't open it and if we couldn't open it we couldn't have dropped the body down." Like... fuck. I've resorted to presenting random pieces of evidence at random times for the first time this game and I've gotten nowhere.
I'm going to split hints into chunks, so that you can decide how much you need by yourself.
Go to the evidence list and choose the coach.

Open the skylight from the outside.

Go inside the coach.

Look at the skylight. You should see something suspicious.

After analyzing the above present it as evidence to their last (afaik) testimony where they want you to show a proof.

I'm going to split hints into chunks, so that you can decide how much you need by yourself.
Go to the evidence list and choose the coach.

Open the skylight from the outside.

Go inside the coach.

Look at the skylight. You should see something suspicious.

After analyzing the above present it as evidence to their last (afaik) testimony where they want you to show a proof.
Thanks! Once I got to the second hint I went,
"Wait, I did check it from the outside but never from the inside after opening it..."
Went smoothly from there. Thanks a lot! <3

Crazy case overall I think.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The first ~30 min of chapter 4 made me laugh really hard.
When we first meet the client, the characters notice that he's Japanese and he starts using "&#21566;&#36649;" I though how funny it would be if that was Natsume Souseki.
Can't believe I was right.

Link1110

Finished the first case. Hilarious breakdown animation, finniest one in a long time.

- I wonder if Capcom might have a hard time releasing a game with a character that racist in it
- That villain is hiding a true identity under the mask and hat that's gonna be important later.
- The Payne-Wright family vendetta thing at the end was great!!
- I agree fully with what people have said though that the case felt too long with too much filler text in it.
- "Shut up" had me on the floor

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Done with case 4!
That was a really good one, especially the part where
that poor policeman admitted to doing it all just to be with his wife on his anniversary. It was really touching.

I also loved parts with
Natsume Souseki, especially after the trial, when he said that he wants to write something on his own and Naruhodo showed interest in reading Souseki's future work.

Also the very beginning of chapter 5, where
the cat is named Wagahai. Good one.

Edit:
Chapter 5 has an interesting premise. I hope I'll be able to clear it tomorrow.

tei15

So, ehhhhh, I finished case 3 and I'm kinda confused... (Ch 3 end spoiler)
Was it &#12467;&#12540;&#12476;&#12491; &#12513;&#12464;&#12531;&#12480;&#12523; (how do you even spell his name in English? Cosney Megendal?) who was burned in the omnibus in the end? Who the hell put him there and set him on fire? Or was it Cosney who burned Fairplay or Ladyfirst? Any ideas on what all that final scene means?

edit: lol never mind, got my answer early on in Ch 4.

Does anyone know if there is a walkthrough in he works? I have been learning Japanese for over two years but can't understand anything so far (still on the tutorial case) and am growing frustrated at this point....

Finished Case 2. Great case, I loved it. It started off slow but once we got to the ending segment it started taking off. Already is a very memorable case as it is the first in the main series to
not have a trial
. The ending in particular setting up the rest of the game had an amazing feel and tone to it and really got me liking Susato, Holmes, and Hosonaga.

I loved the way how this case took the player's expectations of the Sherlock Holmes story of the Speckled Band and ran away with them. It took me for a ride that I didn't really appreciate until all was finished. We're solving the case and I'm thinking to myself, "Wow, really?
Death by tripping on a kitten? For such an important character?
" But then the case shifts after finding new facts so now it goes in the opposite way until I didn't know where we were going to end up. The case repeatedly shifts your expectations between
"was it an accident or was it murder?"
half a dozen times so I didn't know what was happening.

Looking at back at the witnesses for this case,
Nicomina must've danced the ever loving CRAP out of that boat to get the entire crew on her side enough to drug all the passengers and stow away in every person's room through the night to unlock every door before the passengers woke up the next morning. And Meatloaf Stroganoff (best name) is some other level of crazy entirely. He's either obsessed or a pedophile for how far he friggin' went for her. Framing a total stranger so he's considered a killer just to protect some one that danced for your group a year ago or something? Jesus Christ man. Thankfully he had the guts to realize what a scumbag he was acting like and turned himself in. As an aside, is it bad I was waiting for a big twist to be that the kitten was eaten by the snake? Where did that cat go anyway?

The ending of the case made the episode for me. Particularly how Naruhodo handles everything that has happened and will happen going forward.
Him speaking to Nicomina at the end was incredible because he came off angry, but knew he had to let it go because it was an accident. Yet he still lost his best friend over such a senseless, pointless reason. He forgave her but it seemed really hard for him to do, which is such a realistic and believable attitude to have after all that happened. "Your actions took a man's life and you will never be able to take that back. Don't ever forget that". And then there's him resolving to be a lawyer to carry on Asogi's dream, to protect Susato's, and for his own dreams. That gives so much weight, meaning, and purpose to Naruhodo's efforts and to him as a character. Freaking awesome.

Really funny moments throughout like:
-
Seeing Sherlock crawling or hanging on random furniture as you are looking through rooms.
-
Sherlock losing his shit constantly over how bizarre snakes are.
-
Every instance of the Susato Throw.
But the funniest is finding out from Asogi that his sword, passed down through his family for generations is named,

And while we're on the subject of cases on ships,
I'm shipping Susato and Naruhodo super hard. They're adorable together, especially once she warmed up to him at the end of the case.

I'm really enjoying this game. Every case could be terrible and I wouldn't care, I'm loving this cast and their interactions too much.

I just finished case 2, and all of this. I'm kinda an emotional trainwreck right now! Hahahaha.

Spoilers for case 2:
I was wondering how they would handle a trial given the setup for the crime, and as it turns out they skip it entirely! That totally caught me off guard, and I'm so glad that Takumi is willing to break the "rules" of a traditional, canonical mainline AA game.

I love this cast to death already.

Finished Case 3 and about to start Case 4's trial. It was also really good, but it's hard to describe why it's good without going into massive spoilers. The set up itself is a spoiler so I'll just get right to the trial segment
since the game does that too

Case 2 was kinda light on the mystery aspect and was much more a character-driven story. Case 3 is the complete opposite of that. It is a very strong and aggressive murder mystery story with everything pitted against you while you're struggling to keep your head above water.

To everyone that is waiting for their copy or have yet to do Case 3, it is vitally important to examine every inch of your evidence as soon as you can. The story of this case is completely dependent on the assumption that you examined it completely
so you notice that it was tampered with mid-trial

This is the first case with the new jury system we've been hearing about and it makes the court very energetic. In a lot of ways like a real jury, these people are bias as hell and will change their stance over the most petty of reasons. "I hate rich people", "I'm part of the carriage guild so I trust the driver", "Oooh I do so love that park the nice man made". Since they can interrupt at any time to change their position, you never know when the proceedings will change tone from cross examination to frantically needing evidence or answers to change the jurors' minds to keep the trail going. With all of their animations, all the witnesses' animations, and Naruhodo v Van Zieks with their animations, I was in Willie Wonka's Court House.

Barok Van Zieks, our prosecutor feels very...standard. He's aggressive, makes good arguments, and challenges Naruhodo's claims, but he isn't a jerk about it. He certainly isn't friendly, a little condescending, and certainly won't help you, but he isn't a jerk. Unfortunately though he isn't very interesting. Godot was another character that would challenge you without being a jerk, but he was interesting to watch and listen to with his odd expressions and coffee compulsions. Van Zieks has an amazing design to him with very subtle but strong animations to him
complete with a "this isn't my final form" one
, but as a character and opponent he isn't leaving much of an impression. Obviously this is just the first case with him and a lot of things about him are intentionally left in the dark for us to explore as the game progresses but as of this case's conclusion he just feels....there. No negative thoughts about him, but no positive impressions of him either.

Case itself....wow.
This case was just filled with moments meant to knock me on my ass. I loved how we start the episode and are immediately thrown into the trial with literally no information about it or anyone involved. It really forced you to think and listen to what was being said and presented. Next, I couldn't believe how long it took before we could finally start turning things around. Then, I was losing my mind when that smoke grenade went off mid sentence. But what really caught off guard the most was how the carriage changed mid-trial as they were talking about the storage compartment being empty. I thought it was just normal AA fuzzy logic at work, but then they would show the model and we'd see the space was empty. I was like, "wait, what??" then went to examine it and...suddenly there's blood on the floor and the storage space was suddenly empty. So the final twist that got me was the unsettling realization mid-trial what was actually going on and you're just hoping Naruhodo is smart enough to notice as well. He does but it's way too late at that point. We didn't get a break down this time so would we call that a break...up? Very interesting how they had Naruhodo's first real trial have him defending a killer. That's a real moral challenge for someone lacking confidence like Naruhodo is and does a great job at foreshadowing what seems to be the overarching story of the game that there are very dark things going on in the background of London. I'm super curious how they'll catch the guy now.

Oh.

Top Bottom