• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: DE (PS4/XBO) - In the days that follow, your trials will be great

Danneee

Well this thread got me from "might buy because I'd get the discount" to "not even the slightest chance of me buying it".
30fps? Pfffff.

Soodanim

30fps on current gen? That's half the point of these enhanced ports - bump the textures a bit, double the framerate to jump on the hype of it, and get money for old rope. If they aren't even doing that, why bother?

Roto13

Achievement unlocked (Gold/40G)

latest

Successfully made it to release date with no official footage released.

Stealth game is stealthy

antitrop

EkGXuni.jpg

If you could figure out how to get Steam running on this thing, it could run Dishonored at 60fps, with a bit of downsampling.

30 is unacceptable.

SURGEdude

These are the PC recommended (pretty much safe 60fps 1080p) specs
***are my comments

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 2.4 GHz quad core or better (enhanced for multi-core processors) ***Super low requirements these days and shouldn't be an issue for any modern console.
Memory: 4 GB system RAM ***very minimal
Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850) ***a slower GPU than PS4 that is 3 years older than the 7000 PS4/XB1. Xbox's lesser GPU blows this away.
Sound: Windows compatible sound card ***got me there!

If it took more than a couple of guys and some QA I would be shocked.

This should be a 1080 60fps capped title on PS4 and XB1. Hell it should be closeeither 60 fps or 1080p that on a hypothetically well done Wii U port.

scitek

These are the PC recommended (pretty much safe 60fps 1080p) specs
***are my comments

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 2.4 GHz quad core or better (enhanced for multi-core processors) ***Super low requirements these days and shouldn't be an issue for any modern console.
Memory: 4 GB system RAM ***very minimal
Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850) ***a slower GPU than PS4 that is 3 years older than the 7000 PS4/XB1. Xbox's lesser GPU blows this away.
Sound: Windows compatible sound card ***got me there!

If it took more than a couple of guys and some QA I would be shocked.

This should be a 1080 60fps capped title on PS4 and XB1. Hell it should be closeto that on a hypothetical well done Wii U port.

lol where do you get this from? Don't be silly.

Crisium

My 2012 laptop's 580m is an underclocked 560 Ti, underclocked to the point to virtually be identical to a GTX 460 2GB. I custom edited the config file to get higher anti aliasing settings than the highest in-game settings allowed and it still ran at 60fps at 1080.

JoeFenix

Is there a way to disable the audio coming through the controller and instead have it just come out to my headphones? The heart voice seems to only come out of the controller and it's impossible to hear with headphones on, annoying to say the least.

Is there a way to disable the audio coming through the controller and instead have it just come out to my headphones? The heart voice seems to only come out of the controller and it's impossible to hear with headphones on, annoying to say the least.

you could maybe check the audio options in the menu??

Soodanim

Having had no experience with a PS4, I would still guess that you can disable that in controller settings.

A quick Google brings up system requirements lab as the first result with those specs listed. He's got a point, I think. I know it's way above console power, but my stock 4690k and 970 (IIRC) does Dishonoured at near 144fps with above 1080p. I'm a bit surprised that they didn't manage 1080p60.

Maybe it's been a while but the game looks great. Forgot how paint like the game looks, for a second I thought the graphics were still loading XD

JoeFenix

There are no options in game, I've looked everywhere.

As far as the PS4 OS goes the only thing I could find was a volume slider for the controller speaker, turning it down all the way doesn't solve the issue. There doesn't seem to be a way to reroute the audio to my headphones which is really frustrating.

I can get it working by plugging in 3.5mm headphones directly into the controller but the sound quality is shit in comparison to my PX51's. They should have had an option in game to disable the controller audio. So stupid, talk about a worthless gimmick!

Soodanim

There are no options in game, I've looked everywhere.

As far as the PS4 OS goes the only thing I could find was a volume slider for the controller speaker, turning it down all the way doesn't solve the issue. There doesn't seem to be a way to reroute the audio to my headphones which is really frustrating.

I can get it working by plugging in 3.5mm headphones directly into the controller but the sound quality is shit in comparison to my PX51's. They should have had an option in game to disable the controller audio. So stupid, talk about a worthless gimmick!
That's an annoying oversight by Sony. They even sell premium headsets, so they know that people like to use them.

Playing on X1, so far it looks like 30fps capped, but since there hasn't been anything too stressful, i can't say if its completely locked yet.

Looks like Vsync is enabled, unless there's only tearing in the very top. Either way, i haven't noticed any tearing yet.

SURGEdude

From the Steam page.

Edit: If you are disagreeing with my comments well I'd just remind you that this runs on worse hardware at better results than it does in this poor port. At the very least I expect things to run a bit better when coded to the metal on a console.

mike4001_

Playing on X1, so far it looks like 30fps capped, but not since there hasn't been anything too stressful, i can't say if its completely locked yet.

Looks like Vsync is enabled, unless there's only tearing in the very top. Either way, i haven't noticed any tearing yet.

Thanks!

SURGEdude

Playing on X1, so far it looks like 30fps capped, but not since there hasn't been anything too stressful, i can't say if its completely locked yet.

Same on PS4. Seems solid so far for what that's worth. If 30 for a last gen port is doable then I'd say they got that down.

There seems to be little to no AA though.

webkatt

I've played a bit and basically it is a upscale to 1080p with nothing else. I can't compare it to last gen version as I never played it. Textures are ass in a lot of places.

Is this the OT now?

Barakov

I've played a bit and basically it is a upscale to 1080p with nothing else. I can't compare it to last gen version as I never played it. Textures are ass in a lot of places.

Is this the OT now?

Seems that way. Same thing happened with Zombi.

Same on PS4. Seems solid so far for what that's worth. If 30 for a last gen port is doable then I'd say they got that down.

There seems to be little to no AA though.

Agreed on the lack of AA. Even though the textures are not higher res, they hold up due to the style. If anything, its the chunky character models that are holding it back from looking great.

JoeFenix

It seems to be using FXAA on PS4 atleast, heavy blurring but it works OK considering the artstyle and the texture work.

SURGEdude

Seems that way. Same thing happened with Zombi.

Sadly both great games deserving of a bit more love. And in this case I blame pure laziness. At least Zombi has the excuse of being ported from a unique machine.

Still OK with paying $20 for this. But I would feel ripped off for $40 considering I have over devices to play it on.

Well shit. I'm only in the sewers and I already found a place where the screen is tearing.

Definitely not a locked v-sync folks. Once the clip uploads to the Xbox servers, i'll post a link.

Edit: I just watched the clip back. Its not good. Peeps gonna be pissed.

It's only my fist time through the game, so i don't know what comes later, but if the screen is tearing with a light source in the sewer and no one around, I can only imagine its gonna be worse later on when things are busy.

Ok, here's the clip.

http://xboxclips.com/SimpleCRIPPLE/1c9a6fbe-7bbb-46dd-8be6-35d304bf817e

mike4001_

Well shit. I'm only in the sewers and I already found a place where the screen is tearing.

Definitely not a locked v-sync folks. Once the clip uploads to the Xbox servers, i'll post a link.

Edit: I just watched the clip back. Its not good. Peeps gonna be pissed.

It's only my fist time through the game, so i don't know what comes later, but if the screen is tearing with a light source in the sewer and no one around, I can only imagine its gonna be worse later on when things are busy.

Ok, here's the clip.

http://xboxclips.com/SimpleCRIPPLE/1c9a6fbe-7bbb-46dd-8be6-35d304bf817e

Damn .. this looks really bad :-/

How is the PS4 version at this location?

Wanted to buy the X1 version but if it´s really this bad without any enemies around I might switch over to the PS4 version ...

Averon

Guess we know why this was stealth launched. Looks like Bethesda put the barest effort in this.

I'll pick it up when I can find it for $15-$18.

Staf

Missed this game the first time around. Was hyped as hell for this after E3 but man... not even sure i'm buying it now...

man, i ran this thing at 900p30 locked maxed out with forced 4xSGSSAA through Nvidia Inspector on a fucking 765m. No reason that these consoles couldn't push 1080p60 with FXAA or MLAA.

I thought the textures were sharper on PC, but it seems like they actually weren't, at least not without mods or something. Looking at this page (which just has some screenshots showing a comparison of a shadow-tweaking mod) the textures look just as fuzzy around the edges. This might be a case of people remembering things being sharper than they were.

Tagyhag

man, i ran this thing at 900p30 locked maxed out with forced 4xSGSSAA through Nvidia CP on a fucking 765m. No reason that these consoles couldn't push 1080p60 with FXAA or MLAA.

There is a reason, it's called publishers not giving a damn because you will still give them your money.

Hope people don't keep blaming the consoles for shit like this.

Top Bottom