• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Gameplay (Gamescom 2015)

sublimit

Banned
5 minutes of stealth and shooting.
3 seconds of Tomb footage.

Call the game "Tomb Raider".

Brilliant.

AmyS

The tombs look great, but,going from Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition's (mostly) 60 FPS framerate down to 30 FPS in this game is going to be rough.

What are the chances the extra year in development + extra GPU grunt the PS4 has will get this game upto 60FPS for Holiday 2016 ?

Garlador

image.jpg

I'm still going to get it... but I REALLY hope the "mass murder" to "tomb raiding" ratio improves. Not optimistic though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cant wait for this game - looks like fun.

Brilliant.

Really...thats your complain ?

dreamfall

We need to see more of the tombs- the quick pictures couldn't do it justice. Stealth looks good though, aerial stabbing and all. I'm excited!

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
The tombs look great, but,going from Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition's (mostly) 60 FPS framerate down to 30 FPS in this game is going to be rough.

What are the chances the extra year in development + extra GPU grunt the PS4 has will get this game upto 60FPS for Holiday 2016 ?

None. The ps4 is 30 to 40 percent more powerful. You need more than twice as much processing grunt to double framerate.

Fbh

That was pretty bad.

I liked the previous one so I'm still looking forward to playing it. But it's weird that the area they decided to show was the one that looks like every other stealth game ever. Give her a hood and it could have been Assassins Creed

Dabanton

I know why they don't do it, (Our ADD internet generation) but the shots of the actual Tomb Raiding looked stunning some interesting locations in that short clip they showed of those.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ugh, mkiceandfire, dude just uploads the streams straight to youtube, so much compression. T-T

nynt9

I said this in the live thread but it probably got lost. Enemies look borderline deaf and blind. And as someone else said, the level design could be a bit more natural and less "gamey". Still not entirely sold on this. Need to wait to see how much of the game is stealth-shooter-lite and how much of it is survival and tombs.

Harlequin

Well, that looked about as far away from being a Tomb Raider game as it could get. Guerrilla warfare tactics? What the hell is this!?

Fbh

I know why they don't do it, (Our ADD internet generation) but the shots of the actual Tomb Raiding looked stunning some interesting locations in that short clip they showed of those.

yep, the clip at the end looked MUCH better than the demo

dex3108

This season fight super charged enemies with your bow and arrow instead of those poor savages from the last season.

AmyS

None. The ps4 is 30 to 40 percent more powerful. You need more than twice as much processing grunt to double framerate.

In terms of TFLOPs, yes, PS4 is only around 40% more powerful, however, in terms of pixel fillrate (very important for framerate and resolution) PS4 is nearly twoce as powerful.

25.6 Billion pixels/sec vs 13.6 Billion pixels/sec
(32 ROPS x 800 MHz vs 16 ROPs x 853 MHz)

Given that the Xbox One version is most likely native 1080p, it won't be as if the PS4 version will need to tap into extra GPU performance for higher resolution, given they'll both be the same in that regard, assuming Xbox One version is confirmed 1080p.
PS4 should have the extra fillrate to burn on framerate, but it's totally upto the developer.

Tripolygon

Banned

Brilliant.
I never understand this complaints.

Is she suppose to open a tomb every 5 minutes for the game to be called Tomb Raider? There is a story and a bunch of gameplay to be had before the reveal of the Tomb and its contents.

He puts it better than i did
Did you see Raiders of the Lost Ark? Did he spend 90 minutes in tombs?

MMaRsu

Banned
Did you see Raiders of the Lost Ark? Did he spend 90 minutes in tombs?

Ever played early REAL tomb raider games?

And to pll saying why complain about that

The last game barely had tombs more like rooms and they suckes.

I don't understand how you call this a tomb raider game. A gameplay demo of third person shooting while the the tombs are treated like a extra addition.

I never understand this complaints.

Is she suppose to open a tomb every 5 minutes for the game to be called Tomb Raider? There is a story and a bunch of gameplay to be had before the reveal of the Tomb and its contents.

How about opening a tomb in their gameplay reveal

Anarion07

Looks great.. but one thing bothers me..
Why is her mouth open at the base camp?
That looks pretty dumb :/
can't unsee

Fractal

Banned
I like it... even though we can say goodbye forever to the old TR formula, the 2013 reboot was a great action game, and this looks fun as well.

Only, when they're going for this much violence (which I don't mind at all), I hope the story won't get in the way by presenting some wimpy Lara like in the previous game... they better make her ruthless and tough.

idlewild_

Game looks fun, pretty similar to the reboot imo. The AI's obliviousness during the stealth section was kind of comical.

Jb

I really miss the creepiness and loneliness of the first games' tomb exploration, but at the same time I also love me some stealth action, so I don't mind that this games is taking so many cues out of TLOU's playbook.

Forsythia

Looks great, but waaaay too similar to the first one. I'm also wondering how many actual tombs there'll be this time. I know it's nothing like the originals, and we'll never get that again, but come on, it's TOMB Raider.

Top Bottom