• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ned Flanders-themed metal band called Okilly Dokilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matriox

3b3d9f8b85215cfd72a3c7b2e905ee05-640x360.jpg

http://ripitup.com.au/music/meet-the-worlds-first-ned-flanders-themed-metal-band#.Vc4_ik10w0L

“The name Okilly Dokilly came up and was very funny to us,” he says.”We ran with it. I contacted a few friends (Red Ned, Thread Ned and Stead Ned), and here we are. Most of us have played in other bands around our hometown,” he explains. “This is definitely the heaviest sounding project any of us Neds have done.”

You might be wondering where the band fit within the broader genre of Simpsons themed metal. “Not as fast as Bartcore, and a little cleaner than Krusty Punk,” Head Ned says. “Not as heavy as ‘Homer J.ent’ – Nedal is a happy medium in the Simpscene.” Curiously, the guttural metal screams present in the band’s current recorded output bear little resemblance to Ned’s own holler, but as they are only demos there is presumably still room to evolve.

With the band set to play their first hometown show on September 5, can music fans in Arizona expect to see exclusively left-handed instruments at the show? Sadly it’s a no-diddly-o, as not all of the Neds are left handed. “I am,”says Head Ned. “The other Neds aren’t so lucky. It made writing All That Is Left pretty fun,” he continues. “It’s our homage to the Leftorium, and the bridge is entirely left handed puns.”

Okilly-Dokilly-Squat.jpg

JordanN

Banned
Yeah, everyone and their uncle is posting about this on Facebook.

They suck-diddly-uck.

I, too, was on Reddit yesterday.

Their music is pretty generic, unfortunately.

They suck and it's a bad gimmick.

Calm down, Neddly diddily diddily diddily, doodily. They did their best shodaiddily iddily iddily diddily diddily. Gotta be nice, hostidididildilidilly... aw, hell-diddly-ding-dong crap! Can't you morons do anything right?!

obviously not serious

Mandelbo

“Not as fast as Bartcore, and a little cleaner than Krusty Punk,” Head Ned says. “Not as heavy as ‘Homer J.ent’ – Nedal is a happy medium in the Simpscene.”

These can't be real. They can't be.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Not Fall Out Boy?

Fun fact: Someone suggested the name Fall Out Boy to the band and they used it despite not getting the reference.
*sigh* Grossly disappointing.

EDIT: Other fun fact: My brother was on the Simpsons: Hit and Run dev team. Each team at Radical had team shirts etc, and the S:H&R team had a simple graphic image of a fish and a lightbulb. My brother gave it to me, and I wore it for years. It was always funny to see who got the reference and who didn't.

I see only ONE person in this band sporting a proper mustache. I see three clowns sporting beards.

They can't even get their gimmick right.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
In a couple months they'll break up and 2 will start a noise band call Lenny and the other three will start a punk band called Carl.

Agree with the sentiments of the band being trash and that "Shred Flanders" is a much cooler name, although probably too good for them.

I've said it before in the metal thread, but

3/5 of these Ned impostors couldn't be bothered to shave their neckbeards for their joke band and one dude doesn't even have a mustache

Undeserving of all this attention imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom