• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas racist threatens mob violence against Black Lives Matter to avenge death

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Racist wants to try to start a race war with gun violence. Sounds familiar.
I wonder if this guy is a Lee battle flag fan.

They are never going to die out because they somehow manage to reproduce and teach their children the same bullshit.

I am one of their children. Their numbers are thinning. But its a long process. As long as one or two here and there (from the families that perpetuate ignorant and prejudiced ideals) wake up, then its going in the right direction. I do truly believe racism is slowly on its way out. But it will go kicking and screaming for sure.

Their aversion to sex in general, and sex-before-marriage is a great thing for us. However them having 54 children when they DO get married, is not :p (Talk about hive-mind)

ISOM

BLM protestors need to make sure that they have armed people with them. When you have propaganda networks live Fox news spreading misinformation about the BLM movement then there is only one way to stay safe.

Parch

Um, I don't understand, you call for the removal of a press entity, criticize the right of free speech, and then you claim that we're on the road (getting closer) to totalitarianism via police states.
Because civilized countries can tell the difference between free speech and hate speech. Stopping hate speech doesn't mean a country becomes a totalitarian state that suppresses free speech. The slippery slope argument is garbage.

commedieu

Banned
Sadly it is. It doesn't help when you have so called news organizations pushing that very narrative either. It does nothing to help the situation. Sadly so many people do not take the time to look into something and they just parrot what they hear on Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, etc.

I said no such fucking thing. Quit putting words in my fucking mouth.

Fox news should be declared non-news and held to some standards for straight propaganda. But, that wont happen as they are effectively the republican propaganda machine.

BLM protestors need to make sure that they have armed people with them. When you have propaganda networks live Fox news spreading misinformation about the BLM movement then there is only one way to stay safe.

You can't bring weapons to a protest

The fact that that guy was a former corrections officer says a lot about U.S. 'Corrections' facilities. What the fuck is a guy like him going to correct?

Nafai1123

Banned
If you actually watch the video it looks like someone cosplaying yosemite sam just rattling off a bunch of non specific threats.

I don't think any crime was committed here.

He's straight up telling people to attack any black movement group that shows up in Texas with rocks and slingshots. He also says he's going to hunt people down and threatens ANY black people who would even think of protesting in Texas.

Sounds like some specific threats to me with the direct intent of intimidation.

He's straight up telling people to attack any black movement group that shows up in Texas with rocks and slingshots. He also says he's going to hunt people down and threatens ANY black people who would even think of protesting in Texas.

Sounds like some specific threats to me with the direct intent of intimidation.

I definitely think there's a possibility that there could be a case there. However, the majority of the judges and authorities in Texas sanction a lot of his ideals and behavior. Not all of it, but enough to give him a pass. It would be impossible to prosecute him here

Is black panther suppose to be an insult or something? Someone called me a panther I'd fucking love it, have a stride in my step.

This guys worst enemy seems to be diabetes, black people is the least of his worries.

Is black panther suppose to be an insult or something? Someone called me a panther I'd fucking love it, have a stride in my step.

This guys worst enemy seems to be diabetes, black people is the least of his worries.

Yeah he inspired some serious and intelligent discussion and account for current events, at least here, but beyond that he's a tool and I hope he stays isolated to his little bubble of experiences

No. He is trying to associate the movement to more violent black supremacists, which a portion of the Black Panthers are.

You forgot to add "New" to that, because none of the original Panthers were "black supremacist".

Hell, I've never seen a movement with any sort of clout call themselves that or practice that.

El Odio

Banned
I don't even know what to say. Everything in that OP is just batshit insane but I guess it's okay and not racist at all since he says so.

Patrol

Banned
Because civilized countries can tell the difference between free speech and hate speech. Stopping hate speech doesn't mean a country becomes a totalitarian state that suppresses free speech. The slippery slope argument is garbage.

When one starts picking and choosing what they do not like as free speech, or hate, they are intrinsically acting as a totalitarian state. Free speech is not absolute, that is clear, but you are far off a rocker if you believe there is any constitutional criteria in which the supreme court would dismantle a member of the free press; an organization of thousands based on the actions/words of a few anchors/commentators in which you do not like. Unless, you can for example, lay forth the extensive criteria in which the supreme court would, in fact, consider as "hate speech." Keep in mind however, that the supreme court has established precedent where hate groups can still express their free speech rights, petition the government, and protest peacefully among other things.

Sanjuro

You forgot to add "New" to that, because none of the original Panthers were "black supremacist".

Hell, I've never seen a movement with any sort of clout call themselves that or practice that.

That's why I used portion, as I'm not 100% clear on the offshoots or subdivisions. There are other names too, but not familiar with them either.

I'm just speaking on the usage that this cowboy is using.

T-Dot

Banned
When one starts picking and choosing what they do not like as free speech, or hate, they are intrinsically acting as a totalitarian state. Free speech is not absolute, that is clear, but you are far off a rocker if you believe there is any constitutional criteria in which the supreme court would dismantle a member of the free press; an organization of thousands based on the actions/words of a few anchors/commentators in which you do not like. Unless, you can for example, lay forth the extensive criteria in which the supreme court would, in fact, consider as "hate speech." Keep in mind however, that the supreme court has established precedent where hate groups can still express their free speech rights, petition the government, and protest peacefully among other things.

Free speech ought to be constructive. Social commentary on why you don't like a certain social policy or why you think something is a pressing issue are examples of legitimate free speech.

Hate speech is not constructive. It is solely for the purpose of disenfranchising and alienating large groups of people. Hate speech leads to social disunity, which leads to social discord and violence in the form of hate crimes. We must help build a society based upon different and diverse members working together to help build a better future, and allowing hate speech to fester and grow would impede us from doing so.

ISOM

Free speech ought to be constructive. Social commentary on why you don't like a certain social policy or why you think something is a pressing issue are examples of legitimate free speech.

Hate speech is not constructive. It is solely for the purpose of disenfranchising and alienating large groups of people. Hate speech leads to social disunity, which leads to social discord and violence in the form of hate crimes. We must help build a society based upon different and diverse members working together to help build a better future, and allowing hate speech to fester and grow would impede us from doing so.

I never believed in Free speech including Hate speech either.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
"i know it hurts"

"ashley does"

"ashley does"

LMAO

Tell her we said hi.
pachah1.png

User1608

Banned
Fuck these racists. I also want to take the opportunity to say diet racists suck too. All are cowardly for not being able to handle being called what they actually are. These people are crazy stupid.

Valnen

I still don't get why they react so viscerally to being accused of racism.

It's bonkers. They know they're racist. They know we know.

They also know that people are working to bring their age of racism to an end. They don't like it.

People need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the future. This is going to be the case for every major issue in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom