• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas racist threatens mob violence against Black Lives Matter to avenge death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romez

These people are crazy.

Yesterday I somehow ended up in the depths of Twitter where people were claiming that BLM is a terrorist group and that they're going to 'protect themselves' anyway they can.

E92 M3

I believe in complete free speech, even if it's hate being spewed towards me. That's the beauty of the United States. Freedom of speech is a treasure.

T-Dot

Banned
Question for Americans.

How common are these fucked up views? I get the impression that it's just a loud minority of racist dumbasses saying this shit, and that most of the country get along fine.

Am I wrong? I'm curious.

Gumbie

This is what I was picturing when he started talking about the slingshots

23522.gif

Aurongel

Question for Americans.

How common are these fucked up views? I get the impression that it's just a loud minority of racist dumbasses saying this shit, and that most of the country get along fine.

Am I wrong? I'm curious.
For the most par this is true but a big portion of ignorant beliefs in this country get perpetuated by news outlets which feed on generated fear and scare tactics. It gives ignorant voices a megaphone with which to spread misinformation masquerading as fact.

There's a buck to be made convincing people to fear their fellow man.

Protesters should arm themselves and exercise their second amendment rights, especially in light of blatant threats like this.You didn't see racist groups clashing with the Black Panthers. Cowards don't test people who can defend themselves.

Gumbie

For the most par this is true but a big portion of ignorant beliefs in this country get perpetuated by news outlets which feed on generated fear and scare tactics. It gives ignorant voices a megaphone with which to spread misinformation masquerading as fact.

Yep stupid people are manipulated by places like Fox News to make them feel like the world is out to get them aka black people, democrats, gays, transgender.

Question for Americans.

Am I wrong? I'm curious.

Common and not just left to fester, but outright enabled. And not just by like minded individuals.

Question for Americans.

Am I wrong? I'm curious.

It is a minority of people but its enough people that it is taken seriously . This is not some new thing but, since obama took off people like the gentlemen in the video have gone off the deep end.

read this article from the new york times

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/u...es-perceptions-of-top-terror-threat.html?_r=0

Question for Americans.

Am I wrong? I'm curious.
It's everywhere in the south.

The most frustrating part is shown in how the guy says he isn't racist and then says racist things. This is super common. So many people believe that their racist thoughts are right, because they tell themselves they're right, but because it's "right," that means it can't be racist. They live in a bubble where they aren't challenged by people of color on their beliefs because they stay away from people of color. And the cycle continues.

Mr. X

Question for Americans.

Am I wrong? I'm curious.

Right wing extremists have more deaths on their hands than Jihadist on US soil.

Fox News is the most watched cable news with something like 1 million+?

Dragon

Banned

The most frustrating part is shown in how the guy says he isn't racist and then says racist things. This is super common. So many people believe that their racist thoughts are right, because they tell themselves they're right, but because it's "right," that means it can't be racist. They live in a bubble where they aren't challenged by people of color on their beliefs because they stay away from people of color. And the cycle continues.

There are more black people in the south though and racism seems to be more common towards blacks than say asians. Not excusing the behavior just saying :). Growing up in Boston and going to high school with Southie kids was an experience in racism.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
you know these bloody fuckheads would get ridiculed at in almost any western country. The fact they got access to guns makes this way more fucked up, and dangerous than it should be

Measley

Can someone please hold Fox News accountable for spreading absolute bullshit year after year? There has to be a law against spreading vicious and dangerous lies across the American airways.

Question for Americans.

Am I wrong? I'm curious.

We have a presidential candidate that uses racism as his talking point for his campaign, and he it the one most likely nominated.

T-Dot

Banned
Sad to hear that the attitudes towards race in the states are even more fucked up than I first thought.

It's better here in Canada (I'm middle eastern, yet I never experienced any significant racist bullshit here). I can't speak for the rural parts of the country though, I rarely step outside of Toronto

Dabanton

All this says to me is BLM is getting things done and being effective. They've got diet and full blown racists raging and Fox news and other right wing websites attempting various lame smears.

I mean BLM have, in a short amount of time successfully replaced Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton as the lazy go to bogeymen for our right wing and in some cases so called 'progressive' friends to accuse of 'race baiting'

Man says stupid shit. News at 11.

"Psico calls to violence because of racist views"

But of course, let's just dismiss that, otherwise "FREEDOM" (MR) may be in danger in 'Murica!

Seriously, this shouldn't be a free pass anywhere in the world. Would any of you say people of Mexico is "less free" because banners hung in pedestrian bridges by drug cartels calling to kill other drug dealers, soldiers and police men are quickly removed and the reason for national scorn? Would any of you be OK if this guy hangs a letter at the town entry saying "You thugs are death if step in!"?

This is not man saying stupid sh!t, is a deranged individual right out calling to hunt people.

Revolver

Did this happen after vid posted? I like how he tried to start an altercation the guy did not fall for it he was vocally ethered.

It's from last year at a Justice for Alfred Wright rally. He tried to start something with the Black Panthers and ended up slinking away.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
It really sucks to see BLM get the OWS treatment from the same kinds of folks who have a tremendous vested interest in the status quo, but if enough movements and calls for change get squelched then maybe people will start noticing the pattern here.

"we're looking at videos, we're pulling names and addresses and we gonna hunt you sons of bitches down" ... "(racks pump shotgun) the last sound you're going to hear when we come into your house..."

This is a pretty clear and detailed threat.

Iorv3th

Whats the worst is when they say they aren't racist for saying
nigger
because there are white
niggers
too. Yet they only ever use that term when referring to blacks. Then try and say it just means a lazy worthless person and it has nothing to do with race....

There are also a number of people that fly the confederate flag that's family wasn't even in the US during the civil war and try to claim it's heritage etc.

This guy needs to be in prison, The terrorist organization Fox News needs to be shut down. And everybody that watches that shit needs to be on the terrorist watch list

Right wing extremists have more deaths on their hands than Jihadist on US soil.

Fox News is the most watched cable news with something like 1 million+?

I believe the age of your average fox news watcher is in the 50 or 60's(you know, people that still watch a lot of live television), so basically mainly the clutch your pearls and this country is going to shit whenever something progressive happens type of human being.

This is what's going to happen.

He's going to step to a young black man with all that racist babble threatening to blow him away and probably something about what they did about that young man's kind back in his day. Young man is going to knock him the fuck out and probably kick the shit out him when he's down. This video will be uploaded to Fox News and more there will be more dog whistles than a Pet Store. Facebook racists, and various other waste of space and resources will call that young man a "thug", "nigger", "scum" etc. A portion of GAF will also frown upon that young man's actions stating he only proved the racist right. Will say something remedial like "I was for BLM until this happened, gross/disgusting/blah". It'll reach like 12 pages (100ppp) some people will get banned.

Quote me.

This is what's going to happen.

He's going to step to a young black man with all that racist babble threatening to blow him away and probably something about what they did about that young man's kind back in his day. Young man is going to knock him the fuck out and probably kick the shit out him when he's down. This video will be uploaded to Fox News and more there will be more dog whistles than a Pet Store. Facebook racists, and various other waste of space and resources will call that young man a "thug", "nigger", "scum" etc. A portion of GAF will also frown upon that young man's actions stating he only proved the racist right. Will say something remedial like "I was for BLM until this happened, gross/disgusting/blah". It'll reach like 12 pages (100ppp) some people will get banned.

Quote me.
You know what's crazy? I have a "gross" folder bookmark, and for some reason, when I bookmarked this post, it instantly saved it there. Google be tracking, boy..

Also, bookmarked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom