• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 5 screens and character art

Endless

Update 18/11 - New character (famitsu.com)

1447778542-so5.jpg

Update 8/11

New screenshots here

orochi91

Pink haired girl looks really odd.

Her face is...odd.

Environment shots look great, although the ground textures are bit underwhelming.

1443382365-1.jpg

Rupe

Neo Member
It looks good or at least what I expected, the mc has a nice design but the girl in pink is kind of dull and the witch... wth, seriously who thought that was a nice outfit!?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Just as long as their isn't the character always saying, "'kay" over and over again. I would have thought they'd know that by now.

I don't know how they didn't catch that in the studio when they were doing the dubbing. I would have thought at least one VO would have said, "this is an abomination".

The environment looks good, so do the characters. It's just they hit it then they miss it in terms of design meeting charisma.

Even if the MC of this game seems to be your generic JRPG protagonist he still looks really cool. Big fan of his design and that art is damn great.

The game looks nice but the character designs look...boring. MC is generic MC which is fine. Pink haired girl looks weird. Green haired girl's clothes...the perv in me gives the okay but the logical part is just confused. the other dude has 2 swords therefore he is instantly cool.

EDIT: I realized that he doesn't have 2 swords...just one and a scabbard...less cool already but still the best design

Loosks great

i can't help but think that that door in the middle of the deesert might be an artifact

Anyway this game can'tcome soon enough

Tizoc

Wait that's Akiman?
Nice artstyle, but I can't help but notice that the female characters show more skin than the male characters.

Kudo

Looks great, can't wait.
I hope the battle system works like it does in my mind, full party could get pretty chaotic.

The mix of realism in the environments looks super strange to me next to the very anime faces and characters. I'd have preferred they went fully either way with the style. Looks pretty sharp beyond that.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Looks like a PS3 game with much better image quality. Which I'm fine with. And I like the art style a lot, despite that the pink haired girl still looks weird.

Aeana

How does anyone's brain even come up with shit like this:

I like the explanation for her clothing:

K: In order to use incantations in this world, sorcerers must have an incantation mark carved somewhere on their bodies. To show off the strength of her own incantations, Fiore prefers to wear the kind of outfit that you’ve taken notice to. In Randock, the country that Fiore lives in, there are outfits used specially by sorcerers, and you can customize these in any which way you want. I can ensure you they are far from being indecent (laugh).

Note that you can't actually see any signs in the bare patches, unlike past SO characters like Celine and Nel where they're clearly visible on their skin.

Note that you can't actually see any signs in the bare patches, unlike past SO characters like Celine and Nel where they're clearly visible on their skin.

I was wondering about that since I remember some of the characters from previous games having red symbology marks on their bodies. I don't see them here unless they've changed it to only show up while spellcasting.

I also can't tell if this is a confirmation for alternate costumes, the only kind I remember from previous games was the palette swaps in 3.

SeanTSC

Man, the pink haired girl would look so much better if she wasn't the odd one out and her eyes were drawn like the other three's. It's pretty jarring just how much better the Witch Girl looks than her on eyes and face alone.

What are the chances that we visit her home country/town and no one else is wearing anything even half as ridiculous?

That's a Kojima level of deflection by that dev.

Tizoc

Why can't they just up and say they're intended to be fanservice characters @_@

OmegaDL50

Pink haired girl looks really odd.

Her face is...odd.

Environment shots look great, although the ground textures are bit underwhelming.

1443382365-1.jpg

Underwhelming for a game natively developed on PS4 perhaps, but for a PS3 game ported to PS4 with open environments, the ground textures are fine.

qazqaNii

Green haired girl, I will not even touch this game if there isn't an alternative skin for her, wtf is she even wearing?

Looks like she got more shit on her head compared to the rest of her. I don't like these kinds of fanservices being thrown out like this on JRPGS no wonder they are not doing so great anymore.

Damn these designs are so terrible and over designed to hell in back with lame fanservice on the witch. Plus wtf is going on with that hat? truly awful stuff here.

O look another star ocean 5 thread thats only going to wind up focusing on the witch!!! Sigh this is like the fourth star ocean thread you'd think people would either ignore it or jus not bother anymore..

Anyway characters look great mc looks like a cool guy reminds me of fayt alot

Top Bottom