• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians Day 1 Multiplayer Playlists

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/10/13/halo-5-launch-day-matchmaking-playlists-revealed

Warzone Playlists
Warzone - 24 players on massive maps with REQs and AI adversaries. Halo multiplayer has never been bigger.

Warzone Maps:
Escape from A.R.C.
Raid on Apex 7
March on Stormbreak

Warzone Assault - Destroy the Power Core or defend it in this asymmetrical Warzone mode variant.

Warzone Assault Maps:
Dispatch
Array
Summit

Arena Playlists

Team Arena - Play on the very best modes and maps Halo 5 has to offer.

Team Arena Modes & Maps:
Breakout | Gambol
Breakout | Trident
Slayer | Coliseum
Slayer | Eden
Slayer | Plaza
Slayer | Empire
Slayer | The Rig
CTF | Coliseum
CTF | Truth
CTF | Fathom
Strongholds | The Rig
Strongholds | Eden
Strongholds | Empire

Slayer- Work with a team, vanquish your opponents.

Slayer Maps:
Slayer | Coliseum
Slayer | Plaza
Slayer | The Rig
Slayer | Truth
Slayer | Regret
Slayer | Fathom

Breakout - Halo 5's premiere high lethality single-life elimination mode.

Breakout Maps:
Breakout | Gambol
Breakout | Trident
Breakout | Trench
Breakout | Crossfire
Breakout | Altitude

Free-for-All - It’s you against everyone else. Slay your way to victory.

Content:
FFA Slayer | Eden
FFA Slayer | Regret
FFA Slayer | The Rig
FFA Slayer | Plaza
FFA Slayer | Orion
FFA Slayer | Pegasus

SWAT - No shields, no motion tracker. Aim for the head!

Content:
SWAT | Eden
SWAT | Regret
SWAT | The Rig
SWAT | Plaza
SWAT | Orion
SWAT | Pegasus

SWAT with Magnums
SWATnums | Eden
SWATnums | Regret
SWATnums | The Rig
SWATnums | Plaza
SWATnums | Orion
SWATnums | Pegasus

Weekend Social - A weekly playlist that features a mode voted on by the community via Halo Waypoint/Channel.
- Bonus XP/REQ points
- Community engagement
- Most popular modes have the potential for becoming their own playlist

Vico

I don't get it. Why are the three other Warzone maps not used in regular Warzone? (And vice-versa, I guess)

shoreu

I wonder When Koth, Ob, and Assault are returning.

I wonder If Dominion will make it in this game.

Also i want to see some infection too.

Only slayer, stronghold, breakout, warzone, FFA, ctf at launch?? Where's bomb, race, infection, ricochet, extraction, koth, juggernaut, dominion, multi team, oddball etc maybe custom games? They're taking this sustain thing too far... Other than that seems solid, liking the minimalism. I'd add a team snipers though.

Also why are the warzone maps split??

Toa TAK

Banned
Ctrl-F Infection

:(

It'll be Halloween soon, it would've been PERFECT.

But that SWAT playlist, though, pretty happy about that.

matthieuC

I posted this in the other thread, but I'm not sure which is staying so here you go:

I don't like team arena having breakout. I feel like a game mode where the gameplay is drastically different shouldn't share a playlist.

Should be one breakout playlist, one team slayer, one team objective, one warzone (with assault), one FFA, and one swat. With BTB later of course. And rotating cool playlists on the weekends.

pieface

3 Warzone maps?

Was expecting a bit more than that TBH....

Breakout in Arena is a bad move too. I have no interest in Breakout and will just be quitting when I'm forced to play it...

I posted this in the other thread, but I'm not sure which is staying so here you go:

I don't like team arena having breakout. I feel like a game mode where the gameplay is drastically different shouldn't share a playlist.

Should be one breakout playlist, one team slayer, one team objective, one warzone (with assault), one FFA, and one swat. With BTB later of course. And rotating cool playlists on the weekends.

343 wants to use breakout in HCS for season 1, I'm assuming team arena are the launch hcs game types.

xboxnerd

Banned
3 Warzone maps?

Was expecting a bit more than that TBH....

Breakout in Arena is a bad move too. I have no interest in Breakout and will just be quitting when I'm forced to play it...

There are more, and it will be cycling between 6 before the free DLCs arrive.
All MP is ranked, so quitting will definitely be punished. If you don't care then, well, no one can stop you from quitting.

matthieuC

343 wants to use breakout in HCS for season 1, I'm assuming team arena are the launch hcs game types.
Ah okay. I still think it's silly though. And I think breakout might be a flop. I haven't played it, but by the looks of it it's way too basic and forced. Could be awesome though who knows.

Glass

Why are people saying there's only 3 Warzone maps? There's 6 across 2 modes.

Edit: oh the others are variants, my bad. Hmm hope they're quite different. Maybe Warzone equivalent of the arena maps remixes? Or the maps aren't variants its just the mode. Need screenshots and videos of all to confirm ty pls

blamite

Not that I was seriously expecting it, but the lack of a dedicated Oddball playlist (or even a confirmation of the mode's existence) is pretty depressing.

xboxnerd

Banned
Why are people saying there's only 3 Warzone maps? There's 6 across 2 modes.

Edit: oh the others are variants, my bad. Hmm hope they're quite different. Maybe Warzone equivalent of the arena maps remixes? Or the maps aren't variants its just the mode. Need screenshots and videos of all to confirm ty pls

There should be at least 4 different maps we have seen. Apex, escape, a city one, and a snow environment one. I believe other maps will come in the second week since 343 said the map will be cycling.

Talk about streamlining. Do most people really not like king of the hill or oddball? Being able to throw the skull in Halo 4 was a game changer.

Top Bottom