• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwy_61

Banned
How would you know that? If it's not running side by side it's impossible to know that.

I don't know. The videos I referenced are taken in the same spot. Obviously waiting for DF to come out with their comparison is best. I'm just stating what I saw.

dealer-

There are videos in this thread of the same sections on PS4 and XB1, PS4 has bad frame drops and XB1 looks solid enough. Same with the scoping in on snipers, lag on ps4 but fine on xb1. I'm waiting for DF personally.

Yep, wait for DF, another guy said he watched a stream of the same spot OP had problems with on PS4 and it was smooth.

Praise Bugthesda!!! Its like a religion, they could molest children but they will always get away with it.

Now get in ur knees and give me ur money.

giphy.gif

I can appreciate people being upset with bugs and performance, but this is a bit much.

ogbg

I don't know that for sure. The videos I referenced are taken in the same spot. Obviously waiting for DF to come out with their comparison is best. I'm just stating what I saw.

Did they involve the same alpha effects (i.e. fire, smoke, etc..)?

Its not optimal, that's for sure, but its not so bad I'm freaking out. Bath's games always run like this on console.

To be fair, that shoulnt be an acceptable excuse. But on the other hand I'm not shocked at all.

People will still by it though because their style of open world is pretty popular. Personally my interest in this game is mild ast best and I may buy it cheap sometime. More looking forward to wasteland 2 DC getting a patch and unity update.

hwy_61

Banned

The video is taken indoors. The player is running up and down some stairs. I don't remember if there are the kind of effects you're talking about.

I wish I remembered the fucking page number the videos are on. Hold up lemme look.

I'm not saying I think the Xbox One version will be equal/the superior version (and I'm definitely not biased having just now dropped $64.19 on the digital download XB1 version of the game) but...

People who think the XB1 version will be equal or better than the PS4 version have adequate evidence to support that. Not enough to draw a definite conclusion obviously, but let's take a look at the facts here:

• During the Fallout 4 reveal at E3, all gameplay footage was on PERSONAL COMPUTER, but had the Xbox button prompts on screen.
  • During the short Fallout 4 bit at E3 during the Xbox press conference, Todd Howard got on stage and explained how Bethesda has had a great relationship with Microsoft and the Xbox brand since Xbox 360. Note that, unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Fallout 4 had no appearance like this during the Sony/PlayStation E3 conference.
  • The Xbox One version of Fallout 4 is getting mods first.
  • Bethesda has advertised special edition Fallout 4-themed Xbox One controllers.
  • On the Xbox Wire, Microsoft has created blog posts specifically dedicated to Fallout 4 and bundles including it. I would love to be wrong here but I don't remember any PS.Blog posts about Fallout 4.
  • There is an official Xbox One bundle including Fallout 4 advertised on the Xbox website, complete with its own Fallout-branded packaging. While I'm pretty sure there are deals going on that include free copies of Fallout 4 with a PS4 purchase, such a deal cannot be compared to an officially sanctioned and manufactured bundle of the game.
  • GameSpot and IGN, as well as an outlet that someone mentioned earlier in this thread, all received Xbox One versions of the Pip-Boy Edition. But Giant Bomb received a PS4 version? This is where things get blurry.

E1: Yes, this is all indicative of a marketing deal, but I seriously doubt they would be doing all this if the Xbox One version was trash. If that's how it turns out, I will be shocked.

There are videos in this thread of the same sections on PS4 and XB1, PS4 has bad frame drops and XB1 looks solid enough. Same with the scoping in on snipers, lag on ps4 but fine on xb1. I'm waiting for DF personally.

Really? That's strange. I hope we are not getting an Assassin Creed Unity resolution parity issue again. Yeah, DF should be interesting.

rjinaz

giphy.gif

I can appreciate people being upset with bugs and performance, but this is a bit much.

Seriously what is with all the child molestation comparisons for Bethesda. Are they really that much hated that the comparison is fair to some, or is there some bad things going on over there I haven't heard of yet?

ogbg

• During the Fallout 4 reveal at E3, all gameplay footage was on Xbox One. We know this because it had the Xbox button prompts on screen.
  • During the short Fallout 4 bit at E3 during the Xbox press conference, Todd Howard got on stage and explained how Bethesda has had a great relationship with Microsoft and the Xbox brand since Xbox 360. Note that, unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Fallout 4 had no appearance like this during the Sony/PlayStation E3 conference.

All E3 footage is PC, always

Zophar

I'm not saying I think the Xbox One version will be equal/the superior version (and I'm definitely not biased having just now dropped $64.19 on the digital download XB1 version of the game) but...

People who think the XB1 version will be equal or better than the PS4 version have adequate evidence to support that. Not enough to draw a definite conclusion obviously, but let's take a look at the facts here:

• During the Fallout 4 reveal at E3, all gameplay footage was on Xbox One. We know this because it had the Xbox button prompts on screen.
  • Bethesda has advertised special edition Fallout 4-themed Xbox One controllers.
  • On the Xbox Wire, Microsoft has created blog posts specifically dedicated to Fallout 4 and bundles including it. I would love to be wrong here but I don't remember any PS.Blog posts about Fallout 4.
  • There is an official Xbox One bundle including Fallout 4 advertised on the Xbox website, complete with its own Fallout-branded packaging. While I'm pretty sure there are deals going on that include free copies of Fallout 4 with a PS4 purchase, such a deal cannot be compared to an officially sanctioned and manufactured bundle of the game.

I am going to continue editing this post with links to the videos/posts I reference here, but I think you get the point. The Digital Foundry analysis thread is gonna be something to behold, I'm sure.
This is literally only evidence of a co-marketing deal and nothing else.

Kamina777

Banned
There have been videos of the XB1 version ITT. It runs smoother than PS4. There also have been people who have played the XB1 version ITT reporting framerate drops like PS4.
Where? I've seen multiple videos, even on on pc and none from the Xboxone.

IconGrist

I am going to continue editing this post with links to the videos/posts I reference here, but I think you get the point. The Digital Foundry analysis thread is gonna be something to behold, I'm sure.

Literally none of that has to do with performance which is what this thread is about.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

That's evidence that they have a marketing deal with MS - nothing more

That's the second time I've seen someone make that exact same (terrible) analogy today. Come on, people.

I don't get it. I've been one to constantly say how much of a half-assed job it seems Bethesda has done with this in the appropriate threads, but I'd never go as far as to say something so stupid as that. People are at nuclear levels of insanity right now. 1 more day! So stoked.

ogbg

The video is taken indoors. The player is running up and down some stairs. I don't remember if there are the kind of effects you're talking about.

I wish I remembered the fucking page number the videos are on. Hold up lemme look.

Cheers, I'm curious to see. If it's got the same alpha effects or lack of and running better then that's quite a story

Aeqvitas

Seriously what is with all the child molestation comparisons for Bethesda. Are they really that much hated that the comparison is fair to some, or is there some bad things going on over there I haven't heard of yet?

I think it's a bit much, but there was a recent thread highlighting Bethesda's predatory practices in terms of screwing over their developers so they can buy them out. So plenty of reason to dislike them. I don't think buggy software warrants such ugly comparisons though.

hwy_61

Banned
How would you know that? If it's not running side by side it's impossible to know that.

Where? I've seen multiple videos, even on on pc and none from the Xboxone.

Here are the videos I was talking about

X1 :https://vid.me/yV5M

PS4: https://vid.me/5k1k

Compare.

PS4 video from Kenzodielocke
X1 video from zorbsie

Aenima

giphy.gif

That was a catholic religion dark joke, im sorry if u didnt got it, maybe u dont know the dark side and past of some catholic priests.

To be clear i was not comparing Bugthesda to a child molester, i was comparing Bugthesda with a Religion, that can do many things wrong and always get away with it because is praised by so many.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Cheers, I'm curious to see. If it's got the same alpha effects or lack of and running better then that's quite a story
it's in this thread, both videos are taken in the same building and demonstrate better performance on XBO

To be fair, that shoulnt be an acceptable excuse. But on the other hand I'm not shocked at all.

People will still by it though because their style of open world is pretty popular. Personally my interest in this game is mild ast best and I may buy it cheap sometime. More looking forward to wasteland 2 DC getting a patch and unity update.
Its the only game I've been looking forward to, it'll be the 2nd game I bought this year, so yeah I'm willing to give FO4 more leeway than I probably should. But that's just me and my personal situation. (And I don't own a pc. ) And...yeah I'm used to the way Bathesda's games run on console. Its a feature! (derp)

this console generation sucks

you cant do anything ambitious without sacrificing performance or visuals. thanks MS and Sony

Agreed!

Last gen sucked because Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas ran like dog shit.
Generation before that sucked because morrowind ran like crap on OG Xbox.

The consoles are at fault, not Bethesda and their shitty engines. Nope. Not them.

Just imagine.

You took off work Tuesday to play Fallout 4 all day long. You've been waiting for this moment your whole life, or really, since New Vegas. You've never been more hyped in your life for something.

You put the disc in the tray, it whirls and starts up. The tutorial section begins, and your boner is at maximum already. Suddenly, the game starts jumping around. It's moving at 1FPS!

Confused, you reboot your system. Same shit is happening. You reinstall, system restore, and try again. 1FPS prevails.

Attempting to play through the pain, you try and put in your character's name. It's aokjdfsa because the game isn't registering any of your button presses. The character creation looks like the PC was hit with a hammer.

Suddenly, your PS4 starts to smoke, and your boss is calling. He's wondering why you aren't at work, even though you took off. As you bumble through the conversation, your PS4 turns into an inside bonfire!

As you rush to put out the flames, you hit your computer on accident. Tell Me Lies starts playing, Todd Howard's face appears on the screen.

This is the future you've chosen, NeoGAF.

RPGam3r

Agreed!

Last gen sucked because Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas ran like dog shit.
Generation before that sucked because morrowind ran like crap on OG Xbox.

The consoles are at fault, not Bethesda and their shitty engines. Nope. Not them.

Many games ran like "shit" on those consoles... On those consoles... Those consoles... Consoles.

So terrible framerate on PS4 at times... so my question becomes I've seen a lot of talk about the graphics, framerate, ect. but I haven't seen anything about the game being super buggy or anything, are people just ignoring it because Bethesda or is it relatively not so buggy?

If it's not so buggy then PC is certainly the best way to play since Framerate likely wont' be a problem and graphics will get mods within 6 months XD

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Shit, yeah, PS4 is worse there for sure

CPU bound or specific optimisation for XB1 are the only reasons I can think of why XB1 would perform better. But it wouldn't be Cpu heavy in that video surely?

And if there was lots of optimisation on xb1 (if it got the lions share of focus from devs) then maybe there is hope that the PS4 will get patched to improve too?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I kind of want an Xbone now. Actually I have my previous Fallout games on Xbox 360, and the geek in me likes to get series on the same platform line anyway :p

That was a catholic religion dark joke, im sorry if u didnt got it, maybe u dont know the dark side and past of some catholic priests.

No, I got it. It was still really dumb. Bethesda isn't a religion. And even if it were, child molestation jokes don't really fit on a forum, or a thread that is talking about a videogames performance.

Just imagine.

You took off work Tuesday to play Fallout 4 all day long. You've been waiting for this moment your whole life, or really, since New Vegas. You've never been more hyped in your life for something.

You put the disc in the tray, it whirls and starts up. The tutorial section begins, and your boner is at maximum already. Suddenly, the game starts jumping around. It's moving at 1FPS!

Confused, you reboot your system. Same shit is happening. You reinstall, system restore, and try again. 1FPS prevails.

Attempting to play through the pain, you try and put in your character's name. It's aokjdfsa because the game isn't registering any of your button presses. The character creation looks like the PC was hit with a hammer.

Suddenly, your PS4 starts to smoke, and your boss is calling. He's wondering why you aren't at work, even though you took off. As you bumble through the conversation, your PS4 turns into an inside bonfire!

As you rush to put out the flames, you hit your computer on accident. Tell Me Lies starts playing, Todd Howard's face appears on the screen.

This is the future you've chosen, NeoGAF.
image.php

AND IT IS STUCK ON FAST FORWARD!

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
It builds immersion, it's a stylistic choice. In real life, time seems to slow down when you are in a dangerous situation.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ogbg

CPU bound or specific optimisation for XB1 are the only reasons I can think of why XB1 would perform better. But it wouldn't be Cpu heavy in that video surely?

And if there was lots of optimisation on xb1 (if it got the lions share of focus from devs) then maybe there is hope that the PS4 will get patched to improve too?

I have no idea why but it's clear from that video that one is performing worse

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

To be clear i was not comparing Bugthesda to a child molester, i was comparing Bugthesda with a Religion, that can do many things wrong and always get away with it because is praised by so many.

You compared a game having bugs with child molestation, dog. some perspective is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom