• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

tumblr_nbrqsucwyE1rrkahjo2_500.gif

^How I feel when I see a fighter slow down to do a strafing run towards me when I got ion shot equipped.
Lol perfect

JimiNutz

Banned
I was mainly an E-11 and DL-44 user but past few days I've forced myself to use the EE-3 and I think it's finally starting to click with me.
Hated it at first but think it may be my favourite gun now. I was firing it too slowly previously.

Just picked the game up a couple of days ago and have not been able to put all that much time into it. But loving what I've played so far. Only real problem I'm having is how to get through a team full of personal shields any tips would be much appreciated

Just picked the game up a couple of days ago and have not been able to put all that much time into it. But loving what I've played so far. Only real problem I'm having is how to get through a team full of personal shields any tips would be much appreciated

Ion shot will tear through them decently, that and detonators are your cheapest alternative to dealing with them other than melee.

If your lucky on the power ups, a thermal imploder or smart rocket will do the trick.

Xzan

SE-14C is amazing in close quarters and still good at mid range. But it's practically useless at long range which can be frustrating.

I love the EE-3 but my main problem was with it over heating. I wish you could at least get one more volley out before it does.

T-21B is godly at long range, you can get a ton of shots off if timed correctly killing up to 3 people before over heating. The thing about the T-21B is, unlike the EE-3 and SE-14C where you can use them really well in 3rd person. Is to get the maximum use out of the T-21B you really need to be in first person for it. I mean yeah you can use it in third person, but when your aiming at enemies that far away I found it much easier to use in first.

Cooling Cell works surprisingly well. You'll can fire off at least 3 or 4 extra bursts, or more depending on your trigger timing, and the natural accuracy of the gun means you're not punished for firing over a extended period. Any other blaster rifle or heavy rifle will have you spraying like crazy due to spread and recoil, rendering the extra firing time useless.

Xzan

E-11 for life. It's a headshot machine. I know exactly how many bolts I'll need at all ranges.

They better not fucking touch it in the next patch.

Headshots are a definite its strength. I'll usually have the upper hand against an E-11 user then hear that crunch of a headshot and I'm dead (dammit). Its not something I like to rely on myself though.

Starting to run into almost full teams using the dh-17 with explosive shot on the smaller modes. I'm often left with zero time to react when someone fires it at me, and sometimes get killed when I have the drop and was already firing on them.

Play a lot today and went from 45 to 49. I'll finish getting to 50 tomorrow! Just want to get to 50 before the DLC because I'm assuming they are going to raise the level cap every DLC like BF 4.

PrankT

https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29264/february-update-weapons#latest

"As we come closer to the release of the February Update, we will be posting specific details of what will be included in regards to balance changes across the board.

A lot of feedback was taken from the community, and a lot of data mining was done to see how the January Update changed the battlefront. Across the board, it was revealed a few weapons that had been balanced were showing to be slightly weaker than we had hoped in many situations.

I have a feeling the community will be excited to hear the Bowcaster and Homing shot will be getting further tweaks to bring them back in line where we feel they should be. Yes, these would be considered 'buffs' but we're not going into specifics until we reveal the full patch details.

Other items that will arrive in the February Update include weapon buffs against air vehicles, adjustments to barrage damage, DLT19 adjustments among other items.

Our team is looking forward to the upcoming release, and we appreciate your patience."

JonCha

Hopefully Homing Shot won't become prominent again. It's definitely too slow to lock on now - it's useless - but if they're going to increase lock-on speed then they probably need to make sure the damage done isn't too much either.

Ozorov

https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29264/february-update-weapons#latest

"As we come closer to the release of the February Update, we will be posting specific details of what will be included in regards to balance changes across the board.

A lot of feedback was taken from the community, and a lot of data mining was done to see how the January Update changed the battlefront. Across the board, it was revealed a few weapons that had been balanced were showing to be slightly weaker than we had hoped in many situations.

I have a feeling the community will be excited to hear the Bowcaster and Homing shot will be getting further tweaks to bring them back in line where we feel they should be. Yes, these would be considered 'buffs' but we're not going into specifics until we reveal the full patch details.

Other items that will arrive in the February Update include weapon buffs against air vehicles, adjustments to barrage damage, DLT19 adjustments among other items.

Our team is looking forward to the upcoming release, and we appreciate your patience."
Awesome that we're getting some pre-update-details. They've been good with the communication lately. I sincerely hope this will continue.

Ozorov

We have been gathering feedback across the board around Starfighters and are getting ready to make some changes across the board. The first item, of course, revolves around the A-Wing, as our team outlined here, you will see changes in how the A-wing's hit-box functions among other adjustments to make sure this Starfighter is aligned with its counterpart.

Other changes will be made, but another particular item ties to the use of Starfighter shields being used to ram ground vehicles with no repercussions. This will also be addressed in the update.

Yay

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I always thought the jan patch was just quick changes to stop things pissing people off and this patch will be more in depth changes that need to be done but wont stop something being useful. Them specifically mentioning homeing shot and bowcaster adds to that point

Palpable

Ramming in general is an issue. I'm constantly getting rammed when in the AT-ST by speeders since they can't seem to kill me any other way.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
*walker assault*
*getting steamrolled*
*almost everyone on my team outright ignoring open capture points in favour of playing shooty bang bang*

Uhm that doesnt sound good... all the little babys who cant aim will have homing shot back...
So i cant move around the map again...

Man this thing should have never been added :/

Trying hard not to shitpost; what's new with this game? Haven't played in a couple months, what's one thing you can telle that's changed for the better? Do I still get instakilled by the DLT?

Trying hard not to shitpost; what's new with this game? Haven't played in a couple months, what's one thing you can telle that's changed for the better? Do I still get instakilled by the DLT?

Game just came out 3 months ago...

They nerfed the annoying homing Shot. Which made the game way more playable. But with the upcoming patch they most likely will buff it again for the crybabys...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Honestly I find a lot of the weapon balance to be pretty good in the current build. Shotgun is still massively situational but that's just an offset for the kind of weapon. Most of everything else still seems pretty useful. The basic stormtrooper rifle is honestly one of the best guns in the game.

Also getting lucky with two orbital strikes as rebels during the second phase of walker assault on endor. Never stood a chance.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Appreciating the community interaction. And let's hope they also expand their "community feedback" beyond official forum or Twitter havens.

Homing should only be a little more useful, but nothing like the original (at least give it a good length cool down if it's prominent again). I just assume remove that shit, you already have a Smart Rocket pickup. Having Homing was boom boom overkill before.

PrankT

Appreciating the community interaction. And let's hope they also expand their "community feedback" beyond official forum or Twitter havens.

Homing should only be a little more useful, but nothing like the original (at least give it a good length cool down if it's prominent again). I just assume remove that shit, you already have a Smart Rocket pickup. Having Homing was boom boom overkill before.
Agreed with that point. Everyone on the forum used homing shot and/or bowcaster for cheap kills.

Ozorov

Do we know if the new hoth and endor-map will be totally new maps or "just" the same maps but with different layout, capture points etc

Lulu23

Do we know if the new hoth and endor-map will be totally new maps or "just" the same maps but with different layout, capture points etc

I think they're reusing parts from the Missions maps like they did with the new tattoine map this month. Perfectly okay for me, since otherwise I'd never get so play them.

GeeTeeCee

Finally hit level 50 after 46 hours played since launch; the shadow trooper gear is finally mine!

Until the next patch I probably won't be playing the game quite as heavily as I have been recently, just because I don't want to burn out.

Does anyone here swap between 1st and 3rd person during gameplay? I play 3rd person only at the moment but I'm wondering if there's any advantage to switching between the two perspectives (accuracy etc).

Ozorov

Finally hit level 50 after 46 hours played since launch; the shadow trooper gear is finally mine!

Until the next patch I probably won't be playing the game quite as heavily as I have been recently, just because I don't want to burn out.

Does anyone here swap between 1st and 3rd person during gameplay? I play 3rd person only at the moment but I'm wondering if there's any advantage to switching between the two perspectives (accuracy etc).

Next week then? :D

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Ramming in general is an issue. I'm constantly getting rammed when in the AT-ST by speeders since they can't seem to kill me any other way.
I have rammed several AT-ST's by accident as I am a terrible pilot at the ground level. I'm not particularly good anyway, but I have a definite issue figuring out where the bottom of my ship is.

lawnchair

Banned
so there's been alot of feedback saying the homing shot is too weak now, and they're gonna buff it back up? hahah woooo

but my "free kills"! !!

GeeTeeCee

Next week then? :D

It's that soon? Looks like I'm not as out as I thought I was...

I accidentally rammed into Slave 1 while using the Falcon yesterday. First time I've ever done it, and I felt kinda bad at how easy it was. In my defence, they flew into me.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
so there's been alot of feedback saying the homing shot is too weak now, and they're gonna buff it back up? hahah woooo

but my "free kills"! !!
I mean it is completely useless, so they either need to buff it or get rid of it. I think they should just return it to its original state butmake it require an active lock.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I mean it is completely useless, so they either need to buff it or get rid of it. I think they should just return it to its original state butmake it require an active lock.

Get rid of it. There already is a Smart Rocket power up. No need for an OP buff with a short cool down. If they want it how it was, make the cool down very, very long.

LoveCake

What he said. I felt rusty and off since the last time I played, which was about the first week of January. After a few games, it felt way better than pre-patch. Less Battlefield boom booms and whistley rockets. Kills and being killed felt far less cheap.

Sorry, I still cannot get used to this after the last update, it has taken it back to the original release version imo, I simply cannot get a win playing as the Rebels now on anything other than Endor & Jakku, cannot even get a win on Hoth any-more now, it cannot simply be me getting in a poor group of Rebels & a top tier Empire group, I can get decent kill counts, but I have always been against the kill ratios & always tried for the objectives & wining the game.

I was hoping that they would up the levels as I have been on level 50 since late November now, I bet the accrued XP isn't saved up or anything either?

Get rid of it. There already is a Smart Rocket power up. No need for an OP buff with a short cool down. If they want it how it was, make the cool down very, very long.

They pushed the lock time from .4 seconds to 1.5 seconds with the patch. They could put it down to 1 second and increase the cooldown by 10 extra seconds and I think it would be okay.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sorry, I still cannot get used to this after the last update, it has taken it back to the original release version imo, I simply cannot get a win playing as the Rebels now on anything other than Endor & Jakku, cannot even get a win on Hoth any-more now, it cannot simply be me getting in a poor group of Rebels & a top tier Empire group, I can get decent kill counts, but I have always been against the kill ratios & always tried for the objectives & wining the game.

I was hoping that they would up the levels as I have been on level 50 since late November now, I bet the accrued XP isn't saved up or anything either?

I am talking about individual performance. The team aspect is a whole different beast they need to alleviate through gameplay mechanics, not weapon balancing, which what my post was in regards to.

The COD K/D Ratio is alive and kicking, and hopefully they can find a remedy to it that won't kill the population in the team based objective modes. Should have been more emphasis with points on objectives and team play, and a huge hit to personal killing bang bang stats/xp, personally.

They pushed the lock time from .4 seconds to 1.5 seconds with the patch. They could put it down to 1 second and increase the cooldown by 10 extra seconds and I think it would be okay.

That could seemingly work.

Dennis said to me on twitter, that the maps will be completly new

Sorry, I still cannot get used to this after the last update, it has taken it back to the original release version imo,

Ugh no. I prefer to be able to move around the map. Like it is now. Sure you have the annoying Pulse Cannon now, but still better then constantly getting the message and peep sounds from this thing.

Like i said, i dont get why something like this was added. Ion Torpedo makes sense. But this homing shot? Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom