• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode III gif showing Lucas 'morphing' different takes into 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

https://fat.gfycat.com/EthicalCapitalAmmonite.webm

https://gfycat.com/EthicalCapitalAmmonite

this has been making the rounds on reddit and it's the clearest example i've seen

look closely at Anakin and you can easily see him 'morphing' ie taking part of his performance from 2 different takes and merging them together

the lucas "why" retouchin brigade knows no bounds, man

to be fair given how hard it seemingly is to notice at first given the attention being on palpatine, I don't really know if I even mind it. I really just think the technology wasnt there for the amount of control he wanted to have over the whole thing. not that it helped.

ShutterMunster

There's a ton of this in FURY ROAD. It happens. More proof that Hayden wasn't capable of giving him one good damn take (though not entirely his fault, the script was POOP).

Real Hero

I never noticed it so I don't care. The one thing I did notice is darth mauls lightsabre handle growing , that one sucks.

dity

Oh goodness, it took me a few watches but now I can't unsee it. I thought that he was just tilting his head.

He went to all that trouble and we still got the 'performance' we did out of Hayden Christensen?

Hayden Christensen's acting wasn't really bad when he wasn't talking, the problem is to sell the shitty writing you need a phenomenal actor and sadly Hayden wasn't but I can't knock him for being unable to sell the bs writing

He went to all that trouble and we still got the 'performance' we did out of Hayden Christensen?
Like I said the reddit thread, it is very act when your director (who's not even a good director, tbh)is micromanaging.
The frame clipping apparently angered some people who worked on The Phantom Menace.

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rou
Untitled_zps5qe5psob.jpg

If you watch the hair it's really obvious.

This is way down there on the list of things to hold against Lucas.

That ESB shit just ruined my whole life.

Drencrom

Lucas leaving small easter eggs like this and the whole Jar Jar being a sith thing just cements what a genius he is!

Didnt realise he went that far with that stuff.

I remember a interview where Ewan McGregor mentioned he was surprised to see his character say lines he never actually performance. It turned out they edited together different performances and takes to create new lines for him without having him perform them. Didnt realise he would do it with video.

Kind of impressive if its there but only really being noticed now. For the most part the special effects in Episode 2 and 3 have aged horribly but thats pretty subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom