• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode III gif showing Lucas 'morphing' different takes into 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I've read about and seen "making ofs" where actors are told to do the same scene in varying ways, changing their inflection and tone of their voices and even movements to see what works best.

The preview trailers for The Dark Knight has the Joker saying "Kill the Batman" in a much more serious and dramatic tone for example, but in the actual movie he says it in a nonchalant, jokingly way.
Yes but that's not so incredibly common that it's a valid reason to call the performances lazy and/or wooden for being consistent between each take in a very deliberate scene where there isn't any relative room for variation. There a shit ton more reasons why the acting is wooden, however this is one of the examples of good acting. Yes there will be moments when ou're like "Can you do it this way? And this way?" But not for a scene like this.

gabbo

It's easier to tell if you isolate parts of his face. The eyes are more difficult to tell, but the mouth is obvious:

1t2DSzt.gif

VKIgq5k.gif

His left eye not moving with the rest of his face/shifting into his head is what gave it away for me. But it's well done enough that I'd never notice it while watching the actual film

David Fincher does shit like this. He'll use Ben Afflecks best take and merge it with Rosamund Pike's best.
That's different. It would be more like Fincher merging Ben Affleck with a slightly different angle of Ben Affleck and leaving everything else alone.

Thorakai

you star wars fans have plenty of material to bash lucas with

I don't think every tiny detail needs to be nitpicked

This is literally the least egregious thing Lucas has done to Star Wars in the past 20 years.

However, it does reinforce the fact that Lucas can't direct worth shit. Combine all the best takes into one and he still ended up with this drivel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom