• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Star Wars Open World RPG

21XX

Banned
"Hi I am Devin Tripp I am 20 years old and I have owned businesses ranging from clothing to stocks. I have learned and changed a lot in such short time. There is still much to learn, and I know that I am better prepared for the future to come."

Is this performance art?

adj_noun

Wait. Did people seriously pledge $1,500 of their money to this?!

No. They know no money is taken unless the project is funded, and this project will not be funded.

Even if, through internet wackiness, it WAS funded, they'd just cancel their pledges before the deadline.

Cheddahz

Banned
UWinPHo.jpg

Wait. Did people seriously pledge $1,500 of their money to this?!

I doubt it was done seriously.

This thing has no way of suceeding and will probably be shut down within the week. Pledging 1500 might as well be a 1dollar pledge because no ones getting charged for this thing.

Composer

No. They know no money is taken unless the project is funded, and this project will not be funded.

Even if, through internet wackiness, it WAS funded, they'd just cancel their pledges before the deadline.

Oh I didn't know that's how it actually worked. Can you cancel your pledge any time before the last day?

PigzFly

Didn't have to read the full description to see how poorly this project was put together.

This seems doomed to fail.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I thought Kickstarter at least required a human being to give an okay before you can put up a project. And if they don't, they reaaaaally should.

But then again; would that have allowed Potato Salad? (I think it should tbh)

"Hi I am Devin Tripp I am 20 years old and I have owned businesses ranging from clothing to stocks. I have learned and changed a lot in such short time. There is still much to learn, and I know that I am better prepared for the future to come."

Is this performance art?

Joke's on us guys, this is actually subversive graffiti on a legitimate business's storefront in digital form using an existing IP as the subject of satire, i.e. he's tagged Kickstarter

Up next, a $200,000 Kickstarter to fund the documentary about how he tagged Kickstarter

I should counter his campaign with a Spaceballs JRPG GoFundMe

You have my Schwartz, sir

CrackedNutz

Neo Member
Are people actually reading the information before backing or are they just seeing Star Wars and hitting the back this project button?

"I need your help. I am not a very good programmer, and I'm an even worst artist. I want to put this project into the hands of professionals, but in order to do that I need money to hire them."

Basically he is saying that he has absolutely zero experience in any form or fashion in making a game.

Makes you realize how over budget CD Projekt RED was with Witcher 3. This kid can do that shit with $200K. I bet if his Kickstarter hit $81 million, he could make a Star Wars came like Star Citizen.

nbraun80

Are people actually reading the information before backing or are they just seeing Star Wars and hitting the back this project button?

"I need your help. I am not a very good programmer, and I'm an even worst artist. I want to put this project into the hands of professionals, but in order to do that I need money to hire them."

Basically he is saying that he has absolutely zero experience in any form or fashion in making a game.

glad to see you ducked.

diamount

Banned

Considering all the people who were funded because they made a good game from over 20 years ago, yes I think so.

ciddative

Did you read any of this thread before posting? The majority are troll pledges

Makes you realize how over budget CD Projekt RED was with Witcher 3. This kid can do that shit with $200K. I bet if his Kickstarter hit $81 million, he could make a Star Wars came like Star Citizen.

Devin can make Dreams come true. He just got off the phone with Gabe Newell. He is finally done with making hats for the upcoming Steam sales and will be making a video shortly. Devin even stated that George Lucas will be fronting the majority of the cost and is using the Kickstarter for interest.

Didn't have to read the full description to see how poorly this project was put together.

This seems doomed to fail.

Wait they want only 200,000 for this? A big open world star wars with witcher combat.... haha good luck.

How could you doubt upstanding multiple business owner Devin? He will deliver the goods, you'll see.

In for $60. Or maybe I'll just blow the wad on the $1,500 just to make sure I get to play as Obi One Kinobi someday!

It's hilarious how people are taking this even remotely seriously.

JeTmAn81

He can't program, can't do art and judging from his English skills he can't write. His overconfidence is his weakness.

Sasie

I feel almost sorry for Devin if he is serious and not just someone trolling kickstarter by making stupid projects. Although I must admit I laughed when I read the comments on his project page. Some nice trolling going on there.

diamount

Banned
Did you read any of this thread before posting? The majority are troll pledges

What source do you have that they are 'troll pledges'? A fool with his money...

I feel almost sorry for Devin if he is serious and not just someone trolling kickstarter by making stupid projects. Although I must admit I laughed when I read the comments on his project page. Some nice trolling going on there.

Trolling, yes. If this somehow goes under Disney's radar and the guy is succesful, he will be trolling you by running away with 200k.

_h8bit

Banned
"I am currently looking into talking with Disney if I am able to do this. I need your help. I am not a very good programmer, and I'm an even worst artist. I want to put this project into the hands of professionals, but in order to do that I need money to hire them."

Sounds promising.

"I'm what you call.... an ideas man"

this is adorable naive

Top Bottom