• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cartoon Network announces Justice League Action - new animated series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
JLA_Poster_v3b1-2-720x1080.jpg

"Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman lead the DC Comics Super Heroes against their most infamous foes in adventures packed with relentless thrills, fun and action. No need to wait for the good stuff to start, each eleven-minute episode jumps in with lightning-paced action and heroics. Whether defending the Earth, facing invaders from space, or battling the bizarre forces of magic, the always-rotating team of Justice League heroes, are up to any challenge."

The new series is the first DC Comics-based franchise to launch on Cartoon Network since the highly-successful Teen Titan Go!

Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) serves as executive producer with Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond), Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series) and Jim Krieg (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) serving as producers.

There is no set start date for Justice League Action at this time.

Announced cast so far -

Kevin Conroy - Batman
Mark Hamill - Joker
James Woods - Lex Luthor
Diedrich Bader - Booster Gold

EDIT: Forgot to source.

Just a reminder of the poster we saw awhile back, hinting at a new JLA cartoon:

jlaction-poster.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Not really digging that art style (I was hoping the rumors were pointing to a continuation of the original JL show...) but the VA cast is fantastic.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I guess Mark Hamill will never give up voicing Joker, huh?

Ridley327

Man, that VA cast might be enough to overcome just about every other objection I have. James Woods is a super solid replacement for Clancy Brown as Lex.

They've got the two GOAT batman voices in the voice cast already

Didn't Mark Hamill also say something about never voicing the joker again? Glad he changed his mind

James Woods is always welcome

An-Det

I'll have to see more of the art style, but any DC show with Conroy and Hamill in their roles gets a watch from me. Since it's 11-minute episodes, are there going to be two stories to fill the half-hour time slot?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I actually like that art style. Seeing the name I was bracing myself for something that looked exactly like Teen Titans Go. I would prefer something more in line with Young Justice, but this wasn't as bad as I expected.

Dali

When I saw "action" at the end my expectations were lowered immensely. I assumed it was going to be tt go! only with the Justice league. Looking at the character design I don't feel like I'm too far off base.

Really miss grim dark DC cartoons. The movies are cool, but a new series would be nice.

Toxi

Banned
Loving the Paul Dini/Bruce Timm-styled Superman eyes.

But it's kinda awkward seeing him with Beware the Batman-style Batman and anime Wonder Woman. Hopefully they look more consistent when in motion.

If the show is good anyway, people will grow to like the art.

Neoxon

They've got the two GOAT batman voices in the voice cast already

Didn't Mark Hamill also say something about never voicing the joker again? Glad he changed his mind

James Woods is always welcome
His acting career is on the rebound. And judging by Arkham Knight, Killing Joke, & this, I think Hamill's back for good.

NastyBook

James Woods - Lex Luthor
Always and forever Clancy Brown. Sorry, James. Your Owlman was on point, though.

Art style is straight booboo, too. But the the people behind the show are vets, so I'm definitely there day one.

Neoxon

They got Brave & the Bold Batman as Booster Gold. Color me curious. A shame that they couldn't get Clancy Brown back as Lex Luthor, but Owlman certainly works.

As soon as I saw the thread title I was worried what the art direction would be. I'll still give it a shot if I can catch any eps though.
Edit: it's not terrible but batman me head looks kinda weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom