• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Describe a game you hate and see if people can guess it.

Lebon14

* Wiggle horizontaly, wiggle diagonaly, raise your hand, go bowling, wiggle vertically: rinse and repeat on a linear journey.
* The first portable racer of the series which had roads of ribbons.
* A monkey drives on an island full of cute animals, once again, but this time with useless changes from the original driving adventure that were not necessary which included balloon popping.
* 3-Day groundhog-day adventure that added unnecessary changes to the original adventure.

Gurnlei

Yep.

hqdefault.jpg

Custer's Revenge

Metroid: Other M?

Tetris Ultimate.

That Beer Pong game on Wiiware? Been ages since I heard anyone talk about that.

Late on Custer's Revenge, but you got everything else right. I bought Pong Toss: Frat Party Games because I wanted to write its Wikipedia article (it had some really interesting moral outcry controversy). It is truly, truly bad, haha.

Zombine

Banned
Fallout 4
Fallout 4 brings out the hate.
Fallout 4 and one of the few things I liked in that piece of shit was the no morality system

Yep you're right

Seriously, I fucking hate this game. I sank so much time and effort into 3/New Vegas that I didn't even think twice about throwing down the money for the Pip Boy edition. Fallout Shelter got me hyped and I was convinced that 4 would hook me in, but it never did. I never felt compelled to move forward. I didn't feel like I was role playing a character at all, and the voice acting ripped me right out of the game. I felt like my charisma perk set was useless, and I hated the lack of urgency and invincible companions. I genuinely do not want another Elder Scrolls if it's going to be as lifeless and shitty as Fallout 4.

Bedlam

Take some of the most addictive, tightest-controlling games in video game history, strip away all of the features people come to expect, add mechanics that people didn't ask for to solve problems that didn't exist, and then tweak every aspect that people liked about the controls so that people don't like them anymore.
Dark Souls 2.

* Wiggle horizontaly, wiggle diagonaly, raise your hand, go bowling, wiggle vertically: rinse and repeat on a linear journey.
* A monkey drives on an island full of cute animals, once again, but this time with useless changes from the original driving adventure that were not necessary which included balloon popping.
* 3-Day groundhog-day adventure that added unnecessary changes to the original adventure.

Mario Kart Super Circuit, Diddy Kong Racing DS and Majora's Mask 3D for the last three.

First one stumped me though. Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz?

Late on Custer's Revenge, but you got everything else right. I bought Pong Toss: Frat Party Games because I wanted to write its Wikipedia article (it had some really interesting moral outcry controversy). It is truly, truly bad, haha.

Wow, that's pretty good. I wasn't quite sure on my Other M guess but I couldn't immediately think of anything else that fit the bill.

Man, I feel so sorry for you to have played that... I just remember it had to be rerated or something? It was called Beer Pong at first, then it came back as "Pong Toss: Frat Party Games" and was released to no fanfare. Never played it myself but I remember it from Nintendo Power.

Speaking of crummy Wiiware games no one remembers, I've got two:

- Motion-controlled face-filling
- Wheel in a racing cog

uhhh

First thought is Diddy Kong Racing DS (never played the game before)

Second thought is Ape Escape Racing

Third thought is, is there a Monkey Ball racing game??

EDIT: Oh wait, they're not for the same game!!?

Kerned

Banned
Shitty stealth gameplay, good acting, and a "good for a video game, I guess" story come together to bring us the most overrated game of all time.

1. Wii Sports
2. Mario Kart 7
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Majora's Mask

Lebon14

Mario Kart Super Circuit, Diddy Kong Racing DS and Majora's Mask 3D for the last three.

Yep 3 out of 4. The 1st one is not Monkey Ball.

Loved all MK, except Super and Super Circuit. ADORED original DKR, hated remake. ADORED original MM, hate remake.

1. Wii Sports
2. Mario Kart 7
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Majora's Mask

See above for 2, 3 and 4. #1 isn't that.

JazzmanZ

collecting and collecting and collecting WHEN DOES IT END, WHY DO I NEED THESE COINS, This factory level is a maze uuugh.

JoseLopez

You play as anime dude whose friends with busty anime babe, yosuke and chie. Together you use you're personas to through dungeons from the local warehouse. It features the simplest and dullest jrpg gameplay I've ever seen.

Shitty stealth gameplay, good acting, and a "good for a video game, I guess" story come together to bring us the most overrated game of all time.

BioShock/BioShock 2/BioShock Infinite

kappa?

Wow, that's pretty good. I wasn't quite sure on my Other M guess but I couldn't immediately think of anything else that fit the bill.

Man, I feel so sorry for you to have played that... I just remember it had to be rerated or something? It was called Beer Pong at first, then it came back as "Pong Toss: Frat Party Games" and was released to no fanfare.

Speaking of crummy Wiiware games no one remembers, I've got two:

- Motion-controlled face-filling
- Wheel in a racing cog

I don't know the second one, but the first one I know but not the title lol.

You play as anime dude whose friends with busty anime babe, yosuke and chie. Together you use you're personas to through dungeons from the local warehouse. It features the simplest and dullest jrpg gameplay I've ever seen.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, clearly.

Fumpster

While trying to make a clever commentary on bad, mundane side quests, it didn't realize that even if you're doing it ironically it's still bad. Nice art style and okayish characters don't make up for this or repetitive combat.

Maxey

Take one of the most popular racing franchises ever and give it to a dev that made one of the best open world racing games ever but oh crap now it's just a limp open world racing game with a ton of DLC shoved on your face. It looks good tho.

Mohasus

The Last of Us.

I was going to describe it as "two assholes in a pointless journey".

Take one of the most popular racing franchises ever and give it to a dev that made one of the best open world racing games ever but oh crap now it's just a limp open world racing game with a ton of DLC shoved on your face. It looks good tho.

NFS MW 2012

kogasu

A "What if..." spinoff game set in the same time frame as other beloved games in the series where you go back through some old beloved settings and meet some old beloved characters/enemies but your AI team is a bunch of idiots to the point where it might as well be required to play through in online co-op.

Hint: Was the only squad based shooter in the franchise until recently.

JC Lately

First one is Skyward Sword.

tuxfool

Banned
While trying to make a clever commentary on bad, mundane side quests, it didn't realize that even if you're doing it ironically it's still bad. Nice art style and okayish characters don't make up for this or repetitive combat.

Fallout 4.

Game 5. Game show adaptation that has no skill involved, and has two paths to take every round where one involves giving up; game show has had new episodes in the last 10 years

Game 6. Flat gameplay, flat story

JC Lately

A "What if..." spinoff game set in the same time frame as other beloved games in the series where you go back through some old beloved settings and meet some old beloved characters/enemies but your AI team is a bunch of idiots to the point where it might as well be required to play through in online co-op.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified?

We ripped out the most interesting half of the first game for for the long awaited sequel, gave you stupid wings and shitty ‘flight mechanics’ and oh by the way the music is complete ass now even though the soundtrack track for the frist game was god-tier even by today’s standards.

Why? Because fuck you, we’re Enix!

Actraiser 2, right?

pizzacat

Banned
A spiritual successor to a game no one talked about and was free for a moment

A game with jank af as fuck gameplay and mistakes mature writing for any attractive women in the game wanting to bone you

Thud

PS All Stars.

That was fast lol.

Okay another one: You're a red headed young guy with amnesia and herpderp he's about to find out that being a protagonist isn't easy.

And he's a clone on a mission to ultimately kill his teacher.

JC Lately

Actraiser 2, right?

You got it.

New One:

Teenage girl steals everything pawnable from her parents house and runs away with her high school sweetheart. Everyone who plays it gives her a pass for this because she’s gay. Also, she is incapable of writing a simple goddamn note.

That was fast lol.

Okay another one: You're a red headed young guy with amnesia and herpderp he's about to find out that being a protagonist isn't easy.

And he's a clone on a mission to ultimately kill his teacher.

Tales of the Abyss. Why did you hate it, exactly? It is one of the better Tales games.

Actraiser 2, right?

Has to be it, that's way too accurate lol

Paper Mario: Sticker Star?

Funnily enough I can't even remember the first game's title either, now that I think of it.

If my memory's right the second one used special cogs or something.

I mean it's almost cheating at this point, but Spogs Racing. :p Now that you really slapped me in the face with it, I know what you were talking about haha.

Maxey

Teenage girl steals everything pawnable from her parents house and runs away with her high school sweetheart. Everyone who plays it gives her a pass for this because she’s gay. Also, she is incapable of writing a simple goddamn note.

Gone Home

I like that game tho.

KidB

Remake of the first game of a long running series with a terrible art style. Not bad gameplay wise, but felt really outdated compared to other entries in the series.

Top Bottom