• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And some Ken/Ryu 1080p 4k downsample shots :)
That could be a scene from the Ryu / Ken sitcom we'll never get.

Man fuck this matchmaking. I am constantly playing against 5 bar people and everything is just complete and utter teleporting garbage. Like, in sf iv at least when you fought a 5bar dood you knew connection was gonna be decent. In sf v it is some stupid gamble even when you only accept 5 bars.

Do you enable confirmation on your matches?
Several people, including myself, have found that an occasional 1-bar opponent will sneak in, even if you have the setting at 5-only, but with confirmation enabled you get a chance to filter those out.

That's amazing. I love how it even has the jiggle.
Garrett's work got me hype so I've been playing around with the green screen stage a bit too.

Gonna keep playing with it to see if I can get rid of the slight green tint around the legs.
And maybe record a sample where ryu's belt isn't spazzing out.
omg great job with the transparency, how'd you do it so well? :)

btw... since the YT video is compressed I remade that GIF of the CA, thanks for doing it anyway though Scotia :)
JfyFzkS.gif

I demand Garrett be banned, HOW LEWD
they can tRY IT. #HotRyuWillNeverBeLowBrow
I demand Garrett be given a custom tag , HOW AMAZING.
fPdcfrW.gif

Korosenai

It's weird. I feel like I'm definitely getting better at the game. Landing my combos better, hitting new things, doing things more technically.... But I'm losing more games now. I don't feel like I'm getting worse, but I'm on a ten game losing streak currently. Like I'm definitely better than I was a week ago, but I can't win a damn match now.

Tan

I had someone flash like they were doing an ex dp and then it rolled back to them not doing an a not dp not ex special move and now I don't understand how rollback works anymore

It's weird. I feel like I'm definitely getting better at the game. Landing my combos better, hitting new things, doing things more technically.... But I'm losing more games now. I don't feel like I'm getting worse, but I'm on a ten game losing streak currently. Like I'm definitely better than I was a week ago, but I can't win a damn match now.

Technique is important, but the fundamentals are even more important. You may be focusing too much on landing those combos / techniques in matches, to the detriment of your overall game. Try to take a look at a couple of replays, and see why / when you are being hit, as that may help you determine what is going wrong.

Of course, you could just have been unlucky with the match-making or been having some bad days, but it's probably worth looking at.

Tan

Man fuck this matchmaking. I am constantly playing against 5 bar people and everything is just complete and utter teleporting garbage. Like, in sf iv at least when you fought a 5 bar player you knew the connection was gonna be decent. In sf v it is some stupid gamble even when you only accept 5 bars.

I am starting to get really frustrated with their terrible ping estimates.

Man I get some matches like this too but no dude. Sf4 was constantly lieing to me.

Rektash

Ucchedavāda;197013568 said:
Do you enable confirmation on your matches?
Several people, including myself, have found that an occasional 1-bar opponent will sneak in, even if you have the setting at 5-only, but with confirmation enabled you get a chance to filter those out.

I am already doing that sadly :-/. I inspect every match beforehand - it's more of a problem that often 5 bar people are in fact not so 5 bar after all and the matches devolve into teleporting garbage.

It's not my connection. SF IV works perfectly, I have no problems with any other games or my connection in general either. It has to have to do with how Capcom rates connections between players.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finally got me a new stick after my old one broke. Even though the stick is on the cheaper end it is easily customisable allowing you to swap buttons/sticks and faceplate art with relative ease. Now i can get back to being bodied online.

oh that viper stick. Im really happy with it so far

FluxWaveZ

I didn't know that if Mika is idle for too long, she'll switch stances. Gotta pay more attention to these.

And these .gifs are great.

I am a bronze and keep getting matched on ranked mode against super bronze , what the fuck?

Super Bronze is just one step above Bronze; that's not really crazy. Especially if there's the back-end rankings going on, which don't completely align with LP.

I didn't know that if Mika is idle for too long, she'll switch stances. Gotta pay more attention to these.

And these .gifs are great.

Super Bronze is just one step above Bronze; that's not really crazy. Especially if there's the back-end rankings going on, which don't completely align with LP.

But I am 750s, I am getting people 1400s, way too good for me

Dubz

The casuals are probably already dropping out and you're playing more dedicated players now. Hang in there😎

Rektash

Two ragequitters in a row in ranked, oh boy. How am I supposed to get my points if on my wins they ragequit, but on my losses I don't ragequit myself ;_;?

Ucchedavāda;197015878 said:
I've been beaten by people in the 700s and I'm in the 1400s with my main. And conversely, I've beaten people up towards and around 2000 LP. You're sure to lose if you give up before the match starts.
Yeah I don't think the skill gap from 500-1500 is always that big. I'm around 900-1100 and I don't feel I'm that much better than I was at say 650 (maybe a bit more patient). I've recently been wrecked by a guy at 620 and beaten someone at the 1200s. Sometimes it just an unfavorable matchup or one of the people has an off match.

One thing I've noticed is that I can often get bodied in round 1 and then take a breath and rally. You can really learn a lot from a beat down in one round, especially if the person has no variety.

Rektash

Remember to send them to Haunts if possible

Uhh, way too much effort. I'd need to put the videos on an usb stick, put them on my pc, cut videos, upload it somewhere AND send that video to haunts.

I get where people are coming from with this and I think it is a good thing RQ are getting punished soon but I also think that this should be done by capcom, not me. They host the servers, they (should) have the data.

[Edit] And third ragequit in a row.

FluxWaveZ

Uhh, way too much effort. I'd need to put the videos on an usb stick, put them on my pc, cut videos, upload it somewhere AND send that video to haunts.

I get where people are coming from with this and I think it is a good thing RQ are getting punished soon but I also think that this should be done by capcom, not me. They host the servers, they (should) have the data.

Do you play on PS4? You can just use ShareFactory and upload the videos with the console's Share function.

Xeteh

You're right, it just seems like a temporary band-aid until something is in place. I understand why there is nothing there with how the servers have been but it is still beyond frustrating.

HardRojo

I recommend to start recording the moment you start a Ranked match. If they don't RQ, just don't save it, if they do, save and upload.

sephi22

Alright, let me see how this works. Haven't played around much with the PS4 share features.
I recommend to start recording the moment you start a Ranked match. If they don't RQ, just don't save it, if they do, save and upload.
Don't need to do this. The PS4 records your last 15 minutes. You don't even need to edit anything.
When some DC's, just hit the share button on your pad/stick and press square to save the last 15 minutes till you delete it. Then anytime you can go in and trim the footage to the appropriate length, and upload to YT/FB directly from your PS4.

HardRojo

Don't need to do this. The PS4 records your last 15 minutes. You don't even need to edit anything.
When some DC's, just hit the share button on your pad/stick and press square to save the last 15 minutes till you delete it. Then anytime you can go in and trim the footage to the appropriate length, and upload to YT/FB directly from your PS4.

Ah yeah, I always forget about the 15 minutes thing because I never use it. You could do that too I suppose, I'll test if it works fine now because I remember back during the first few months people kept reporting it sometimes didn't record the last 15 mins.

FluxWaveZ

Ah yeah, I always forget about the 15 minutes thing because I never use it. You could do that too I suppose, I'll test if it works fine now because I remember back during the first few months people kept reporting it sometimes didn't record the last 15 mins.

It's worked perfectly for me. Took me about 3-5 minutes to upload a 35 second clip of a rage quit from the PS4's constant recordings.

#1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXuYR4LzmY4
#2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-MzGGetDaE

It's handy; I kinda like the concept of building a collection, too.

Edit: I'm still finding matches, but the LP and rank numbers are busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom